Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7133 7134 [7135] 7136 7137 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465640 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107010 on: August 24, 2016, 08:50:20 pm »

« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 02:01:33 pm by ECrownofFire »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107011 on: August 24, 2016, 09:02:00 pm »

*hugs ECrownofFire and JoshuaFH too*

You know, if this was anywhere else on the Internet, I don't know if we'd even have this thread.  And while I'm sad that we need this thread, I find comfort in the fact that in between being psychopathic elf murderers and FG&RP master shitposters, we take time to help eachother with our struggles in life, no matter what they are.  Bay12 is good people.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107012 on: August 24, 2016, 09:08:27 pm »

*hugs ECrownofFire and JoshuaFH too*

You know, if this was anywhere else on the Internet, I don't know if we'd even have this thread.  And while I'm sad that we need this thread, I find comfort in the fact that in between being psychopathic elf murderers and FG&RP master shitposters, we take time to help eachother with our struggles in life, no matter what they are.  Bay12 is good people.
Our antics in games are borderline psychotic, sure, but we're all people with our own hopes, dreams, lives, ambitions, reasons, and problems. We all have our reasoning behind helping others, penance for me, altruistic desire for you, but what matters is that we're helping each other.

As for the above, well, its a touchy subject that I dunno about, and I'm hesitant to speak because it's too easy to ruin things by saying the wrong thing, but we will support and help you in any way we possibly can. We have your backs, we're looking out for you, we will help you,  we will protect you. You are never alone.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #107013 on: August 24, 2016, 09:25:05 pm »

I'm the first to admit I'm not good at helping comfort people, but I'll try. To anyone that thinks you're alone: You're not. You might not see it, but there's a fairly high chance that someone you know, even a close friend, is or has gone through something incredibly similar to whatever is bugging you, or whatever is making you hurt. I know it's difficult to talk about it, and I know you might be scared; trust me, I really do know. You're not alone, and you might not see it, but somewhere, someone really does care about you, and wants to do everything they can to help you. The only reason they haven't is because they're just like you; they're afraid they'll mess up, afraid they'll make things worse, and they're waiting, hoping they won't have to make the first move. And if you make the first move? You'll be proud of yourself, and things will get done faster, and then it'll all be over and you can do anything. After that, you're free. The only thing holding you back right now is you. You need to figure out a way around whatever you think is a problem. It doesn't matter what it is. Think about it, war game the solution if you want to. Just do something. Even if it's something as seemingly small as asking out the person you have a crush on, it's progress. So go do something, anything that you want to do, just so long as you're sure it's something you want to do. Don't do for other people; do for you, because if you don't, there's no guarantee anyone else will.

TL;DR: Go read it, I'm trying to get you to do stuff, not skip to the easy part.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107014 on: August 25, 2016, 03:27:09 am »

FUCK I just started crying in front of people. Not people I'm related to or anything even slightly excusable, either.
At least they weren't tears of sadness but tears of stress, but still... now I'm sad that I'll never be able to forgive myself for such a display of weakness. Fuck. Fuck. Only two or three people saw it, at least. Doesn't make it any better though, really. The increase in self-loathing pretty much maxes out at two.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107015 on: August 25, 2016, 03:30:12 am »

It's ok Yoink, it really is.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #107016 on: August 25, 2016, 04:21:43 am »

It is NEVER weakness to express emotion.  Involuntarily, by choice, whichever.  Crying is perfectly okay.  It doesn't objectively hurt anybody, and no one will think less of you for feeling something. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107017 on: August 25, 2016, 06:17:30 am »

It is NEVER weakness to express emotion.  Involuntarily, by choice, whichever.  Crying is perfectly okay.  It doesn't objectively hurt anybody, and no one will think less of you for feeling something. 
Not true. But expressing emotion really isn't weakness.

Though I mean, let's be real here, I don't want Yoink to ignore other advice because it's not quite true, even if they are constructive. First, it is weakness, but it's a justifiable one. You are new at the responsibility of being a landlord. You're not a bad person for not being instantly competent at a new thing. You just have to learn from this.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107018 on: August 25, 2016, 07:04:20 am »

Though I mean, let's be real here, I don't want Yoink to ignore other advice because it's not quite true, even if they are constructive. First, it is weakness, but it's a justifiable one. You are new at the responsibility of being a landlord. You're not a bad person for not being instantly competent at a new thing. You just have to learn from this.
Aye.

*hugpats Yoink*

I don't think anybody would blame you for that.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107019 on: August 25, 2016, 08:19:54 am »

Lots of people would blame you for that.

Those people are cretins though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107020 on: August 25, 2016, 09:56:56 am »

i bet yoink would think less of someone if they cried in front of him, though
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107021 on: August 25, 2016, 10:11:01 am »

Great lengths were taken to have someone over. They rescheduled to tomorrow, and now those great lengths are pointless. Fuck this, I'm going back to bed.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107022 on: August 25, 2016, 11:03:40 am »

@KoSS: :(
*pats*
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #107023 on: August 25, 2016, 11:04:05 am »

Being objective--crying is not a weakness. With a cultural perception in a way, it can be perceived as a weakness (ie cultures seeing males crying because of unfounded reasons. And/or social pressure, that can be overcome by understanding.), but as a core point, is NOT a sign, indicator, or otherwise OF "weakness".
Though it'd humor me if anyone can actually come up with logical reasons as to why someone crying is weakness. Responsibility goes to your lacrimal glands and/or other people's ability to perceive liquid coming from that region. :v

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #107024 on: August 25, 2016, 11:09:43 am »

@KoSS: Aw shit, that sucks. Hopefully this person had a good reason for it. :I

also ach

I am so far enjoying folk high school, but the internet is SO SHITTY. Half the time it doesn't even connect to a page, and the other half it's another 50/50 chance of it even loading correctly. And, just to rub it in, there IS good mobile internet in the area (4G)... But not inside this building. In here, mobile internet is pretty much horseshit. I've so far only experienced one place with good wifi and one room with 4G access, out of... Well, a lot. It's a big place. Normally i'd call this a first world problem, but it's actually so bad that it's legitimately problematic at times.

That besides, i've failed a lot of willpower checks against my anxiety. Even after meeting another guy who's an avid cartoony drawy dude (free advertising for him lol), and having seen his stuff and showed him some of mine, i'm STILL ridiculously apprehensive about picking up my pencil and drawing things. I mean holy shit, i thought i'd been making good progress, but it's still pretty goddamn nasty. At least i have a lot of opportunities to try again. >.>
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER
Pages: 1 ... 7133 7134 [7135] 7136 7137 ... 8167