Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7047 7048 [7049] 7050 7051 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9433226 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #105720 on: June 26, 2016, 01:06:22 pm »

That feel when you are paid in USD and the conversion rate to GBP has shat itself because the UK is full of racist, ignorant twats.

Ramen it is then.
Not to invalidate your sads, but don't dollars now sell for more pounds than they did before?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #105721 on: June 26, 2016, 01:18:27 pm »

I have a mosquito bite/zit in my ear.

As in, actually INSIDE MY EAR.

And I regularly wear earbuds.

Yay.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #105722 on: June 26, 2016, 03:07:59 pm »

That feel when you are paid in USD and the conversion rate to GBP has shat itself because the UK is full of racist, ignorant twats.

Ramen it is then.
Not to invalidate your sads, but don't dollars now sell for more pounds than they did before?
I think the exchange rate dropped from something like 1 USD -> 1.5 GBP to 1 USD -> 1.3 GBP.

So, if you got paid, say, 3 USD that's now about 4 GBP, whereas before if you got paid 3 USD that would be 4.5 GBP.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #105723 on: June 26, 2016, 05:01:57 pm »

Ramen it is then.
I think the exchange rate dropped from something like 1 USD -> 1.5 GBP to 1 USD -> 1.3 GBP.

So, if you got paid, say, 3 USD that's now about 4 GBP, whereas before if you got paid 3 USD that would be 4.5 GBP.

No, I'm pretty sure it's the other way around.

1 USD now = 0.75 GBP, whereas it was 0.66 or so before Brexit. So yeah....if you're paid in dollars and living in the UK, you should be better off now.
Now, if you're paid in quid and live in the States (or Europe, or China or Australia, or pretty much anywhere on the planet outside the UK)....ouch.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #105724 on: June 26, 2016, 05:35:41 pm »

What the heck? I could've sworn it was the other way around.

* Tawa hangs head in shame
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #105725 on: June 26, 2016, 06:05:48 pm »

The conservatives earned 15 more seats than last time,  in the repeat election in Spain, despite rampart corruption, and evidence of using the security forces of the state in order to attack and discredit their political opponents. I'd never despaired so much after an election
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105726 on: June 26, 2016, 07:53:12 pm »

The conservatives earned 15 more seats than last time,  in the repeat election in Spain, despite rampart corruption, and evidence of using the security forces of the state in order to attack and discredit their political opponents. I'd never despaired so much after an election
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also just noticed your avatar is animated. Creeeeepy.

In other news, I now have a full-blown thing for one of my female friends. I suppose it's better than crushing on fictional characters, at least.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105727 on: June 26, 2016, 08:15:36 pm »

Despite rampant corruption.

Well, there's your problem.

*pats*

I wish there was some way to make people vote in their best interest, but, alas.

@OW:

Well, are they taken?  If not, good, now stop moping and consider options.  If yes, well.  *pats*  I wish you good luck.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105728 on: June 26, 2016, 08:28:08 pm »

I wish there was some way to make people vote in their best interest, but, alas.
It's called 'massive state violence'. It mostly works by changing what's in people's best interest, though.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #105729 on: June 26, 2016, 08:37:43 pm »

Wasn't there also a government minister involved in trying to smear the leader of the Catalan Independence Party with, of all things, the Catalan anti-fraud official?

Edit: Ha! I do remember some things.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 08:40:43 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105730 on: June 26, 2016, 09:05:46 pm »

In other news, I now have a full-blown thing for one of my female friends. I suppose it's better than crushing on fictional characters, at least.
Debatable :P
But for most people, yeah that's probably better.  Good luck!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #105731 on: June 26, 2016, 09:32:59 pm »

Wasn't there also a government minister involved in trying to smear the leader of the Catalan Independence Party with, of all things, the Catalan anti-fraud official?

Edit: Ha! I do remember some things.

Hence my comment about using the state apparatus to attack and discredit their opponents. There is a slim chance of them not staying in power but its very slim.

Meh. I cant even sleep. I have consultation tomorrow and I cant even sleep. This might have been the last serious attempt in a long while to break the turnover of the two major parties and it has been an utter failure.

Both in my home region and in Catalonia other alternative parties actually did well. Maybe the independentists do have a point about wanting to secede, after all.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 10:26:11 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #105732 on: June 27, 2016, 01:35:53 pm »

On the positive side, at least you got friends, right?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105733 on: June 27, 2016, 02:53:56 pm »

Plus, people train as doctors (which is long, difficult, and very expensive) partially because doctors tend to be wealthy.  It's an incentive to reward the personal investment.

There are other reasons to go into medicine, but the economics are most reliable.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #105734 on: June 27, 2016, 03:43:44 pm »

« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 07:31:43 am by penguinofhonor »
Pages: 1 ... 7047 7048 [7049] 7050 7051 ... 8167