Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7046 7047 [7048] 7049 7050 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9434703 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #105705 on: June 25, 2016, 05:21:48 pm »

Life is hollow and empty.
Take the opportunity to change that, and create something to fill it. If you're down, we're here for you, keep that in mind.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105706 on: June 25, 2016, 05:33:19 pm »

Life is hollow and empty.
What are you doing now?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105707 on: June 25, 2016, 05:35:22 pm »

Slightly detailed description of a pretty big wound one of our cats has. Most of you probably won't be bothered, but if you are really squeamish don't open.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Parents are taking her to the vets, and none of the other cats look like they have been in a fight. But the grandparents next door have a number of cats, and stray cats do pass around here, along with a number of other animals, since we are way out in the woods. Biggest concern is that she might be infected with something. Bringing back a lot of feelings from before from when various cats have gone missing or died.
:( Hug.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105708 on: June 25, 2016, 05:48:17 pm »

Slightly detailed description of a pretty big wound one of our cats has. Most of you probably won't be bothered, but if you are really squeamish don't open.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Parents are taking her to the vets, and none of the other cats look like they have been in a fight. But the grandparents next door have a number of cats, and stray cats do pass around here, along with a number of other animals, since we are way out in the woods. Biggest concern is that she might be infected with something. Bringing back a lot of feelings from before from when various cats have gone missing or died.
:( Hug.
She's alright now. Turned out to be a huge abscess that burst, and they stapled it shut.  Still bad, but with treatment it isn't at all life threatening.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105709 on: June 25, 2016, 05:50:59 pm »

*hugs everybody*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105710 on: June 25, 2016, 06:55:35 pm »

Rest in peace, Ameripol thread.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #105711 on: June 25, 2016, 07:02:46 pm »

[ * ]
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 07:38:01 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105712 on: June 25, 2016, 07:05:41 pm »

Probably just FearfulJesuit smothing the brushfire.  I doubt it's dead-dead.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105713 on: June 25, 2016, 07:09:50 pm »

"And after three days, he rose again. Glory unto Ameripol."
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #105714 on: June 25, 2016, 08:49:24 pm »

Is there a reason he hasn't gone to the ER? I'm pretty sure they're legally bound to treat everyone who walks in with a problem.
Debt is better than death, and from everything I've heard, hospitals have a strong tendency to be nice about people who can only make small debt payments.

To do otherwise should be considered murder or manslaughter.

I'm not too sure if that would actually happen. The US is not big on duty to rescue laws.

Many things that we take for granted in Europe are far less widespread than one would think. 

MRI is good for checking for unusual structures but bad for microscopic things. Tests to check blood content usually take longer.

... I think you're not very familiar with either MRI or blood tests. It's not unusual for a MRI to take an hour or longer (not counting the actual interpretation of the results), whereas you can get a pretty extensive blood test with biochemistry and cell counts in about 30 minutes.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 08:54:45 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105715 on: June 25, 2016, 09:11:43 pm »

He might be counting hospital bureaucracy and the six to eight working day waiting period.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #105716 on: June 25, 2016, 09:40:05 pm »

If he's counting on that MRI takes even longer. The test takes longer, equipment is far les avaiable (most tertiary hospitals will have several blood autoanalyzers. MRI machines? One, maybe two), and thus there's normally a longer waiting list.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105717 on: June 25, 2016, 11:12:43 pm »

Eh, I've had no firsthand experience with either, so I can't speak for the time they take.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105718 on: June 26, 2016, 12:49:27 pm »

That feel when you are paid in USD and the conversion rate to GBP has shat itself because the UK is full of racist, ignorant twats.

Ramen it is then.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #105719 on: June 26, 2016, 01:05:46 pm »

Had a chat with some friends today, it made me realise that I might've made a horrible mistake by ordering my books fom Amazon to ship to my home adress. Mostly becase our postal service is incredibly twatty to say the least, especially when it comes to paying customs and tax on packages.

Like my friend, ordering a 10$ component, and paying 30$ for express shipping, then having to pay import tax not on the 10$ item but the entirety of it, as in, they charged him tax based on the shipping price included.

Now, my books are already kinda pricey and will probably get taxed stupidly anyways, but the extra shipping cost is going to sting even more.

Here's hoping they overlook it or something, the greedy fucks.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 7046 7047 [7048] 7049 7050 ... 8167