Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7038 7039 [7040] 7041 7042 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441824 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #105585 on: June 18, 2016, 07:14:45 pm »

For actual solutions, I'd say the counter-protests are very effective. The WBC is a vocal minority, so a larger group could easily overshadow them. Carp, make the counter-protest out of tolerant Christians and there's not much they can do without making themselves seem even crazier.
Have them stoned to death for blasphemy
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105586 on: June 18, 2016, 10:53:13 pm »

The Westboro Baptist Church has announced that they will protest at the funerals of the Orlando shooting victims.
Directly after the shootings, they already twittered "God hates faggots. God sent the shooter. Omar Mateen and the slaughtered faggots are in hell. Repent!"
And so know they let know that they will protest at all the funerals.

The Westboro people seem very selective when it comes to which part of the Bible they adhere to. They are supposed to love their neighbor too.

I think here in Australia, where the vocal majority trip over themselves vehemently defending both Islam and homosexuality wherever they happen to be mentioned with anything less than adulation, it would be quite interesting indeed. I wouldn't be surprised if such an occurrence caused the (largely empty) head of every rabid SJW between here and Darwin to spontaneously explode. :))   

How do you define SJW?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105587 on: June 19, 2016, 01:03:30 am »

The Westboro people seem very selective when it comes to which part of the Bible they adhere to. They are supposed to love their neighbor too.
They're not even selective, they're just downright wrong.

How do you define SJW?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sjw
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #105588 on: June 19, 2016, 04:53:48 am »

Went out drinking last night, it was rather fun, even if some wierd stuff happened. The sad part is I'm rather wrecked now and I lost my keyes, I have a general idea of where they could be, but I was lucky my roommate forgot to lock the door last night so I'm not gonna risk getting locked out if I don't find them. Which I doubt I would anyways, I think I lost them on a beach, it's bound to be crowded as fuck today.

God damn it, now I'll need to rely on him for the next several days before I go home, not something I enjoy doing.

Edit:

And now my stomach is throwing a tantrum, justifiably so I guess. Still, having to throw up when you have nothing left to throw up is a shitty expirience.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 06:58:58 am by Jopax »
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105589 on: June 19, 2016, 08:18:48 am »

*hugpats Jopax*

This is why I do not plan to drink, ever.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #105590 on: June 19, 2016, 08:39:43 am »

Dear god imagine drunktext TBF though.

You'd go to sleep, and wake up to all posts in the forum being made by him.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105591 on: June 19, 2016, 08:41:14 am »

TBF12forums.com
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #105592 on: June 19, 2016, 08:51:35 am »

You're not missing out on much, really. That said, you have to drink a lot for the really bad things to happen; a beer or little glass of wine/champagne probably isn't going to do you much harm if you're not violently alcohol intolerant. Not saying you have to, of course; i'm only a few drops of alcohol short of a teetotaler myself. :v (also get well soon Bropax, retching sucks and i hope it's not because you've eaten something bad)

In other news, i'm getting increasingly frustrated by the art slump i've fallen into, which is fairly bad as far as they go for me. I WANT to draw things, but i'm not sure what, and things just don't come out right when i finally figure out something. I guess i'm just out of practice, but it's still bothersome as hell, and it's really not doing me any favours as far as progress against anxiety goes. It's like you're trying to recite an epic poem, but instead your mouth just goes like "NNGUUHHHHHH BBRLBLRBRLBR" and then you decide to try again later, but every time it's "later" you're nervous about fucking up again and then go like "ok maybe tomorrow" and then it keeps going like that. Worst part is that my arms are in pain due to excessive computer usage, so i really need something to do that isn't gaming or browsing. >.>
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #105593 on: June 19, 2016, 08:56:09 am »

I'm really starting to feel like committing to the 'thesis offence' idea. I'm sick and tired of the unceasing pressure of any single slip-up meaning I lose a whole year and possibly having blown it all already by the stupidest little detail. And right now, everything is snowballing to make that option growingly more likely.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105594 on: June 19, 2016, 09:33:28 am »

You're not missing out on much, really.
[citation needed]

Good food, good beer, and good company are the trifecta of an evening well spent. Throw in a nice companion of your preferred gender, and you've basically reached heaven.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #105595 on: June 19, 2016, 09:43:44 am »

I AM THE CITATION

Although this i will say: A bit of booze coursing in your bloodstream does make it easier to socialize, and that's pretty cool. In my case though, it doesn't outweigh the acid reflux and cranky bowels that inevitably follow, so at least i have a good reason to not drink. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105597 on: June 19, 2016, 09:48:06 am »

@Shook: Have you tried different sorts of booze? I for example can't cope wit liquor, even when mixed in a cocktail, but beer works just fine.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #105598 on: June 19, 2016, 09:59:27 am »

Alas, it seems to be the alcohol itself that does it. Beer, schnapps, vodka, wine, champagne, mysterious blue punch, liquor (mmm Pisang Ambon) and even strong cider, all of them end up giving me heartburn (and beer fills my gullet with foam which isn't super pleasant). If it's sufficiently diluted, it won't do much, but that kind of defeats the purpose of alcohol. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105599 on: June 19, 2016, 10:23:43 am »

Dear god imagine drunktext TBF though.

You'd go to sleep, and wake up to all posts in the forum being made by him.
*sprays soda*

inb4 April Fools Day prank 2017 is 'everyone's renamed TheBiggerFish'
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 10:25:32 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 7038 7039 [7040] 7041 7042 ... 8167