Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6972 6973 [6974] 6975 6976 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452419 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #104595 on: April 29, 2016, 10:29:03 am »

I'm having really bad time again, for the same reason as usual.
Apparently started calling this as my attacks of [inserthername]holism. I find this pretty amusing, to be honest, but I would preffer not having them.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #104596 on: April 29, 2016, 10:57:33 am »

... they didn't give you those little sunglasses things? Always seemed to have the thin plastic whatsits when I've gone in for dilation and they. Well, are better than nothing. Mostly.

Nope, this wasn't a regular checkup, more something on the side that the doctor herself arranged. What made matters more fun was later in the day when I kinda got better but still needed sunglasses to go out I couldn't find mine because my sister (who has, like, five different pairs) borrowed them and couldn't remember where she put them in her incredibly messy room. Took one of her pairs in the end (and I think I'll keep them too) but that was an annoying 20 minute search :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104597 on: April 29, 2016, 11:04:35 am »

Both of the times I had my pupils dilated for an eye checkup it was a sunny day in February, and there was snow absolutely everywhere. There's no snow blindness like post-checkup snow blindness (E: not that it was actual snow blindness, really, just a slight bit of blinding light). Thinking about it now, I'm wondering if I'm lucky I didn't get permanent eye damage from that.

Of course, that was only for two of my three eye checkups. The third one didn't call for pupil dilation. Instead they used a thingamajig that blew air into my eye. This was uniquely unpleasant in a different way, but at least didn't make me farsighted for pretty much the entire remainder of the day.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 11:11:45 am by Harry Baldman »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #104598 on: April 29, 2016, 11:09:23 am »

I'm feeling detached and antisocial for no reason that I can see. I managed to put on a mask long enough to play a gig, but even though it went well, I just feel worse afterwards.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #104599 on: April 29, 2016, 11:11:28 am »

I just puked yesterday's dinner. Which doesnt make any sense. It has been 20 hours.

PD: Still feeling sick after not having eaten in all day :( Had to spent all day lying down

Slightly better, though. I'm sticking to tea and rooibos as only sources of nourishment for the time being. Not like I feel hungry at all anyway, the idea of eating anything revolts me right now.

Bad timing. Flying back home tomorrow
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 05:29:44 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #104600 on: April 29, 2016, 09:12:38 pm »

Help. My mask of "I care about your problems and don't have any of my own" is cracking and people are starting to see that I actually have about a million problems. I was starting to like this area, too. Looks like I might have to move at some point in the near future. Again.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104601 on: April 29, 2016, 09:17:01 pm »

Chaotic, you do not need to flee just because you can't sweep everything under the rug.  You shouldn't be doing that.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104602 on: April 29, 2016, 09:46:11 pm »

Chaotic, you do not need to flee just because you can't sweep everything under the rug.  You shouldn't be doing that.

Indeed. The facade breaking is a good thing tbh, unless you don't trust a single one of them to (from what it sounds like) reciprocate it just sounds like you're on track to making friends.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104603 on: April 29, 2016, 09:58:20 pm »

And what Baffler said.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SchmittLenin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104604 on: April 29, 2016, 10:13:42 pm »

I was just told that I couldn't get in the Armed Forces because I had a depression a few years ago. Father disappointed, Mother thinks I'm going to become a welfare leech due to my lack of higher education, Sister finishing her first year of university with excellent grades and openly rubbing it in my face, Aunts and Uncles telling me to find a minimum wage job so that I stop being a burden to my parents, Younger cousins all working and keep telling me that having loads of cash is really nice, Young Godson and Goddaughter nice to me but told by their mother that I'm not a good role-model for them, Remaining family members telling me that only losers join the army anyway. Fuck my life
The Age of Nature was a time when Elves and trees (Pleonasm?) lived in peace; Fortunately, this age never happened.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #104605 on: April 29, 2016, 11:33:58 pm »

My ability to sweep everything under the rug and having a near-perfect ability to act happy is the only reason I even have friends. The only time I've ever taken that facade down, all I got was disgust, pity, and contempt. I don't want any of that, least of all pity. So, I leave when I have to, and make sure what I actually think and feel never comes to light.

SchmittLenin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104606 on: April 30, 2016, 12:35:29 am »

My ability to sweep everything under the rug and having a near-perfect ability to act happy is the only reason I even have friends. The only time I've ever taken that facade down, all I got was disgust, pity, and contempt. I don't want any of that, least of all pity. So, I leave when I have to, and make sure what I actually think and feel never comes to light.

Being pitied and held in contempt is bad (Trust me, I feel your pain), but going against your true nature is worst : One day, you'll wake up in the middle of the night to the realization that you've lived a stranger's life and that your real "you" means nothing to anyone (Which is an horrible feeling, no matter who you are...)
The Age of Nature was a time when Elves and trees (Pleonasm?) lived in peace; Fortunately, this age never happened.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #104607 on: April 30, 2016, 12:38:47 am »

I never got to be the real me. The "real" me died the night my mother left, and any remnants were erased when my uncle, who was essentially my dad at that point, died. From then on, I've been whatever fits my current situation best. Because if I hadn't of addapted, I would have been left at the side of the road as a piece of useless trash. So, yes. I'm living a stranger's life. But it's the only one I've ever known, so I don't know what my "real" life is like.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104608 on: April 30, 2016, 11:55:31 pm »

I was just told that I couldn't get in the Armed Forces because I had a depression a few years ago.
Wait, that's a reason not to get in?

Damn, that's rather not-nice. What country are you in?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #104609 on: May 01, 2016, 04:08:28 am »

I never got to be the real me. The "real" me died the night my mother left, and any remnants were erased when my uncle, who was essentially my dad at that point, died. From then on, I've been whatever fits my current situation best. Because if I hadn't of addapted, I would have been left at the side of the road as a piece of useless trash. So, yes. I'm living a stranger's life. But it's the only one I've ever known, so I don't know what my "real" life is like.

As far as I can tell, you really, really need an actual friend. If you don't have anybody you trust enough to let the walls break, that's its own problem, and one I'd advise you seek to rectify.

...Of course, I speak from a perspective of not dealing with that level of unfortunate shit, so hey, what do I know.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com
Pages: 1 ... 6972 6973 [6974] 6975 6976 ... 8167