Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6883 6884 [6885] 6886 6887 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9419157 times)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #103260 on: March 22, 2016, 05:20:55 pm »

@greatorder: I thought that was the normal state of people's brains? That's what mine's always like.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103261 on: March 22, 2016, 05:28:14 pm »

I've been sick for most of the day. Vomiting every 30 minutes or so is NOT fun, even if it's mostly water now.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #103262 on: March 22, 2016, 06:51:07 pm »

It would be interesting if there were some better way to deal with all of this and things generally.
The coping mechanism would be nice.

You're already doing an excellent job by counter-balancing your emotional perspective with an objective one.  Emotions can go about their business, so long as you don't allow them to define your reality.  They're only one dimension of our experience.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #103263 on: March 22, 2016, 10:37:36 pm »

Bah. My wife is getting her new passport, and I'm not allowed in the building.

Guess I have to wait in the car for an hour.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103264 on: March 22, 2016, 10:46:49 pm »

*pat*

May the wait pass quickly.

@TMS:I would pat but ew sick.  (I jest.)
Get well soon.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #103265 on: March 23, 2016, 04:26:17 am »

#@%@$@#

Passport was not gotten, and all the shops we wanted to go to were closed.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103266 on: March 23, 2016, 04:57:19 am »

#@%@$@#

=(
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103267 on: March 23, 2016, 10:56:13 am »

#@%@$@#

I had a similar problem on an entirely different scale.  Was supposed to print/sign/send a document, but failed because the FedEx office hadn't hooked their scanners up to the net.

They had ethernet cables coming out the back, and the interface claimed it could do it, but I wasted like 15 minutes trying before someone was available to help me.  Had to re-type my email address every time, too.  On the plus side, it only cost me a dollar...

It wasn't a big deal in my case though, just annoying.  A passport is a big deal ):
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #103268 on: March 23, 2016, 03:19:06 pm »

My honorary contract was delayed again.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #103269 on: March 23, 2016, 03:23:47 pm »

I have a study field trip to antwerp tomorrow, which is about a two hour train ride for me. And I'm sad that I'm having serious trouble deciding if I should go or if I should just stay at home.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #103270 on: March 23, 2016, 08:13:22 pm »

Bleh, needing to fight with the IT folks that run the website I have to work through because something they updated lately broke a critical job I have. I swear their testing process is "It runs fine on my machine".
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103271 on: March 23, 2016, 08:14:51 pm »

Bleh, needing to fight with the IT folks that run the website I have to work through because something they updated lately broke a critical job I have. I swear their testing process is "It runs fine on my machine".
That sucks...
Sigtext

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103272 on: March 23, 2016, 08:40:44 pm »

I have 4 hours to write as many thousand words without much prior knowledge of what they should be. Haha why did I think this was a thing I could do.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #103273 on: March 23, 2016, 08:41:23 pm »

I kinda suspected it before (except from that guilt trip she had before but that was more about that she felt bad for screwing up my feelings) but today I learned for sure that she "kinda misses" what was before before (as in, just talking and whatnot, being friends and assorted stuff) and would want to go back to it but is afraid it's going to be hard for me... well, she's not goddamn wrong.

On one hand I am afraid I would literally beg her for at least that, but on the other my fear of that is the only reason I haven't tried to speak with her all this time. Part of me says "RUN THE FUCK AWAY", the other part wants it and there is even this part which suspects that there might be more to this. After all, this return could theoretically be the best solution (if one even exists) for everyone, since it would finally end this whole shitshow (in school we try our hardest to not end up in the same place, which leads to two "camps" forming up in the class. The people change and switch places all the time since we all are at pretty good terms, and it's mostly a matter on who arrives and sees who first... hard to explain really, but at least I now feel a bit better since apparently I'm not bad enough to just leave me alone) and people would end happy... well, except me, but I am self-sacrificial fucknut so who knows.

Bloody hell why there was nothing about this on when I signed up for life.

TL;DR
Feels.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #103274 on: March 23, 2016, 08:45:15 pm »

RUN THE FUCK AWAY
Probably the best idea at this point.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 6883 6884 [6885] 6886 6887 ... 8167