Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6878 6879 [6880] 6881 6882 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9423623 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #103185 on: March 21, 2016, 03:31:10 pm »

Seriously, 90%?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #103186 on: March 21, 2016, 03:36:04 pm »

Man, here I am again, controlling the urge to self-harm. Kind of ironic - the scars have barely faded. I doubt I'll descend that far, at least not tonight. But it's bad. I'm supposed to be past this, dammit. This isn't supposed to be such an issue. I've cut back on stressing, I have productive hobbies I enjoy, I'm even on a mild antidepressant, and it's not like I've been failing to exercise.

I guess I'll make it out the other end, like I always have. And maybe I'll even be stronger for it. But man do I wish I didn't have to.

Anyway, /ramble.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103187 on: March 21, 2016, 03:39:32 pm »

*applies (platonic) hugs*

Stay strong, okay, Arx?

If I can help with anything, distractions, whatever, let me know.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #103188 on: March 21, 2016, 03:57:39 pm »

We should play vidya from time to time... or something.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103189 on: March 21, 2016, 04:05:13 pm »

I basically blew the weekend being in a sleepy daze, no response from boss, except today he asked us to turn in our work (the work that took me 30 sleepless hours to get done)
I'm pretty fucking drunk for it being almost 5PM.  That's what I do when my requests for basic oversight go ignored, I guess.

I did tell him on Friday that I had everything almost ready but that I needed clarification.  Via two channels.  Still no response on that, just this teamwide message "get the results to me".

Well I guess that's how it is.  So I'll make my best guesses when making the report.  I'd say I don't care about doing it right but it's really the main thing I care about these days...  Since my dad...  Did or didn't disinherit me, left it so vague.  On purpose, he knew exactly what he was doing to me.

Dad's real sick right now, with a flu.  Can't get out of bed, his girlfriend's taking care of him.  I hope he gets better soon, and someday gets his head out of his ass.  Or maybe he finally succumbs to all his bad health decisions and I get to truly move on.  He lived an adventurous and exciting life of sex and drugs, it wouldn't be a tragedy if he only lived to 70-ish.  Better than most of his kind got.

I do also feel better from hanging out with my friends, but there's a shitload of harsh drama there right now.  Which happens.
And coming up I'm going to have to visit my mom's side again, and the dread of that is just tearing me up.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103190 on: March 21, 2016, 04:10:07 pm »

*hugpat*

It'll be okay.
Sigtext

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103191 on: March 21, 2016, 04:30:21 pm »

Thanks, and I'm sure my boss is just busy.  He has kids and a wife and other normal-person concerns I thankfully don't have to deal with, because I structured my life to focus on things *I* find important or interesting.

As for my dad, I don't need him.  I found that out the hard way, years ago.  Recent events are... really hurting him more than they hurt me.

Well...  They hurt me emotionally a lot.  They hurt his legacy.  Fucking moron.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103192 on: March 21, 2016, 04:34:35 pm »

*applies more (platonic) hugs anyway*

Just in case.
Sigtext

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #103193 on: March 21, 2016, 04:38:31 pm »

Man, here I am again, controlling the urge to self-harm. Kind of ironic - the scars have barely faded. I doubt I'll descend that far, at least not tonight. But it's bad. I'm supposed to be past this, dammit. This isn't supposed to be such an issue. I've cut back on stressing, I have productive hobbies I enjoy, I'm even on a mild antidepressant, and it's not like I've been failing to exercise.
I've cut back on stressing

Bit of a pun, given the context.

Good luck with that, Arx. I think you can resist the urge. I believe in you. You can do the thing.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103194 on: March 21, 2016, 05:38:42 pm »

Something like 90% of the US population has one form of herpes or another. Not catching it is a matter of pure luck.
wait what

Surely that's a typo of some sort.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #103195 on: March 21, 2016, 05:45:09 pm »

Something like 90% of the US population has one form of herpes or another. Not catching it is a matter of pure luck.
wait what

Surely that's a typo of some sort.
These are herpes too
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103196 on: March 21, 2016, 05:50:10 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:58:04 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103197 on: March 21, 2016, 05:51:49 pm »

Yeah. That's what I've got. I'm immune to the other kind (thanks, EXTREMELY PAINFUL VACCINE), but I've got lots of little bumps now :V
*would pat, but doesn't want to catch it through the Internet (somehow)*
(I'm kidding.  *pats*)
Get well soon.
Sigtext

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #103198 on: March 21, 2016, 05:54:25 pm »

Interesting... I was told that both kinds of herpes viruses were similar enough that antibodies against one would work against the other. And articles I'm looking up on herpes vaccines seem to suggest the same thing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103199 on: March 21, 2016, 05:55:15 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:55:58 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 6878 6879 [6880] 6881 6882 ... 8167