Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6720 6721 [6722] 6723 6724 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443877 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #100815 on: January 14, 2016, 10:02:14 pm »

I'm averaging 4-5 hours of sleep, and am constantly exhausted. Sleep apnea and sleep paralysis progressing to having to gasp for breath and hallucination, and since I both am not independent and live in america, a doctor isn't an option. I just don't know what to do.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #100816 on: January 14, 2016, 10:32:12 pm »

the Windsors were illegitimate because we should have a Plantagenet
YORK 4 LYFE
i cri evertim bosworth never 5get richard my man aliv an make play with shakespeare

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #100817 on: January 14, 2016, 11:11:21 pm »

WTF/Sad

This is actually a really small sad. I just wanted to blow off some steam. A bunch of stuff that is much worse and more worthy of being posted here has happened within this week, but I don't want to talk about it right now, especially because the majority of the stuff doesn't involve me as directly.
:-\
It'd help a lot if your parents didn't use anger and blame as a substitute for 'I may not be able to do this well :/'. I hope there's anyway you can help them via school services and such.

Though, maybe it may also be in how you addressed her and stuff--those ways we communicate, while different from our perspective, may be taken in a whole other interpretation by those who hear our words. Best thing to do is to ensure we grow and learn, because we can control ourselves. .-.
*still hugs*

Related sad: A friend PM'd me and inquired if he should stop PMing me in the future because of my wording--I specifically recall that we've been over this before and I offered a ton of advice to how to go around with communication. It's a sad on my part because it leaves me with the impression that nothing I said makes sense and... :-\

This, when combined with my low self-esteem, sets me in a hole for days.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 03:33:19 am by Tiruin »

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100818 on: January 14, 2016, 11:15:21 pm »

I don't really think that you're to blame here, Caroline. Yeah, you telling your mother to do it herself might have been the catalyst, but it honestly feels like your mother would have just found another excuse to go off even if you hadn't said anything.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100819 on: January 14, 2016, 11:28:08 pm »

hard to talk about something that i don't have huehueheuheu

ANYWAYS

I am actually starting to sorely miss being on IRC (and i'm BORED OUT OF MY GODDAMN MIND), but my hands are still too much at risk to start chatting like a maniac (even a gentle and careful maniac). Rambling on the forum just isn't the same, because people can't butt in during the ramble and lead me on to tangents. I also miss some of the cool people in there (to a limited degree, since there's literally only one person on all the channels i go to that i know in person), and these channels are among the very few places where i can interact with people in real-time without being anxious. :<

Tried voice-to-text options? I think most of the Windows past XP have a not-totally-terrible one built in. I've been using an older version of Dragon NaturallySpeaking I got for $30 off Amazon to chat with for the past year or so. It came with a half-decent headset and everything. Been in a similar (but really severe in my case) situation in regards to hands RSI for the past year-and-a-bit, so I've had to get to know my options. Works better than you'd think.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #100820 on: January 14, 2016, 11:42:16 pm »

idk girl, your parents seem like argumentative jerks, i really doubt you made it worse or anything like that, and its okay to be angry and stuff - you do seem to be in a rather high-stress environment all the time after all. emotions pile up and its !!fun!!, but yeah you're alright and you dont need to beat yourself up over having strong emotions over your mother's stupidity and all that

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #100821 on: January 15, 2016, 02:05:28 am »

idk girl, your parents seem like argumentative jerks, i really doubt you made it worse or anything like that, and its okay to be angry and stuff - you do seem to be in a rather high-stress environment all the time after all. emotions pile up and its !!fun!!, but yeah you're alright and you dont need to beat yourself up over having strong emotions over your mother's stupidity and all that

But seriously though.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #100822 on: January 15, 2016, 02:06:04 am »

ANYWAYS

I am actually starting to sorely miss being on IRC (and i'm BORED OUT OF MY GODDAMN MIND), but my hands are still too much at risk to start chatting like a maniac (even a gentle and careful maniac). Rambling on the forum just isn't the same, because people can't butt in during the ramble and lead me on to tangents. I also miss some of the cool people in there (to a limited degree, since there's literally only one person on all the channels i go to that i know in person), and these channels are among the very few places where i can interact with people in real-time without being anxious. :<

:( I hope your hands become better

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #100823 on: January 15, 2016, 02:14:14 am »

ANYWAYS

Well the first line might explain why his hands are that way....

(sorry, couldn't resist....you may proceed to beat me mercilessly now)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100824 on: January 15, 2016, 02:30:07 am »

You'd like that, wouldn't you? ;)

...Anyway, Sads: I am ridiculously tired today and I think I somehow managed to further injure my sprained ankle in my sleep. It was feeling mostly better yesterday, but today it's pretty bad. Ouchie.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100825 on: January 15, 2016, 02:30:35 am »

Day four of broken heart... *sigh*

Still can't go through the day without getting flashbacks...

I am hoping this goes away in a week..

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100826 on: January 15, 2016, 02:50:53 am »

ANYWAYS

Well the first line might explain why his hands are that way....

(sorry, couldn't resist....you may proceed to beat me mercilessly now)

* throws in RedKing  artifact lead door with 350 confirmed notable kills

Also good luck to neonivaek, miauw and main winged hussar of bay 12.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #100827 on: January 15, 2016, 04:18:46 am »

After submitting everything to all the prospective internships, I realized that I was uploading the outdated resume all along... and only because one of the internship sites failed to upload the file so I went to manually copy+paste it.

Out of four, only one has a way to edit submissions.

I don't think I'll get into anything now :/

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100828 on: January 15, 2016, 08:43:55 am »

i'm exhausted and have to go out, and i don't know what the hell to do

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #100829 on: January 15, 2016, 11:22:19 am »

there was some mandatory school theater meeting for the london trip, and i just sit down somewhere at random

i manage to sit right behind my crush and the dude of which i assume he is her bf like a month ago. why does this have to happen to me

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 6720 6721 [6722] 6723 6724 ... 8167