Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6627 6628 [6629] 6630 6631 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435027 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99420 on: December 02, 2015, 09:40:03 pm »

I have a hard time envisioning a society full of immortal people, if only because our economy encourages the powerful to alienate those below them to stay afloat in power.

If the lower class have immortality, I'm sure some of the corporations would try to lobby for torture, given nobody dies despite repeated abuse; just so people would stay in line.

Yeah, my perspective's ruined like that.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #99421 on: December 02, 2015, 10:06:50 pm »

Oh bother, there goes a long streak of days without random dips in mood. Everything seems terrible, i'm a failure at life and et cetera, that old story which will repeat itself many times and go away an equal number of times. I'm guessing it's the product of sleep deprivation and bowel gas pressing at just the right nerve(s), because it's not like anything new and/or dramatic has happened which warrants such a dip in mood. I just kind of feel... Bad, like i should just give in to apathy and turn in my License to Imagination because of how many ideas are lost in my head due to inaction and anxiety. It's especially annoying because there are many of them that i could actually make real, but as usual, anxious thoughts come knocking all like "HEY YOU'RE NOT GOING TO DO THAT ARE YOU? PEOPLE WILL JUDGE YOU NEGATIVELY AND THAT WILL LITERALLY BE THE END OF THE WORLD AS YOU KNOW IT". Nevermind that strained finger tendons force me to avoid going full ham, which is just another layer of frustration to the mix.

... Either that, or i go to sleep and reset my mood. Yeah, i think i'll do that instead. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #99422 on: December 02, 2015, 10:17:36 pm »

Oh bother, there goes a long streak of days without random dips in mood.
Welcome to the club. (Also I'm sorry.)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99423 on: December 02, 2015, 11:06:43 pm »

In other University news, turnstile jammed, people behind following.

Friend applied his ID to the identification panel to allow himself to go in. It activates... and quickly identifies itself as closed.

Friend proposed to enter turnstile with me. So I did. I applied my ID and we both squeezed in. Get accused for ID Lending, which is a serious University offense.

Problem is, both of us have our IDs on. Now, would there be a point to lending our IDs together if we had both on?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99424 on: December 02, 2015, 11:31:28 pm »

Are those the ones that are short enough that you could just, like, jump over them? What are they even there for?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99425 on: December 02, 2015, 11:32:58 pm »

My wife and babbeh have been at the in-laws for the past couple of days. My oldest kid is with her mom. The haus is empty. I feel guilty for enjoying the peace, quiet, and relative freedom (I still have to work and have no money to go do something fun by myself.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #99426 on: December 03, 2015, 12:38:17 am »

Depends on how the universe is gonna end. If we're going with the heat death theory, I'm fairly certain that'd be impossible to stop, beyond some godlike power of causing the universe to stop expanding and contract instead.
Assuming the immortality we're talking about also somehow fulfills the energy requirement of the body, there would always be some entalphy from the immortal's body movements, thus the universe wouldn't end before them. However, if our immortality is only unending consciousness, it becomes scary: with the heat death of the universe, the immortal's body can't ever move, and there is nothing to observe but their own mind. I can amuse myself for a few hours in a boring situation, but literally forever? No.
Still, I would take immortality if I got the chance, maybe postpone it a few decades if it were a kind that destroys my human body.

Are those the ones that are short enough that you could just, like, jump over them? What are they even there for?
Probably the kind that's like a revolving door, considering they mentioned 'squeezing in'.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99427 on: December 03, 2015, 02:24:11 am »

I can amuse myself for a few hours in a boring situation, but literally forever?
See this is why I want immortality and omnipotence. There's a lot to entertain yourself with when you're omnipotent.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99428 on: December 03, 2015, 02:25:03 am »

And once you've done everything except die, what will you do then?  ;)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99429 on: December 03, 2015, 02:32:18 am »

Do some stuff again?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #99430 on: December 03, 2015, 02:32:34 am »

there's an hour uploaded to youtube every second, probably won't be a problem

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #99431 on: December 03, 2015, 02:36:17 am »

reset your memory and do it all over again.
2. ???????
3. Profits
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99432 on: December 03, 2015, 02:37:18 am »

There's a short story about that exact concept, but I forget what it's called.

E: God's Debris is the name. Apparently it's still saved in a random folder on my desktop, along with the Canadian Privacy Act, the Charter of the Commonwealth, and an index of spells in D&D 3.5.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 02:39:53 am by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #99433 on: December 03, 2015, 05:46:21 am »

God's Debris is the name. Apparently it's still saved in a random folder on my desktop, along with the Canadian Privacy Act, the Charter of the Commonwealth, and an index of spells in D&D 3.5.
If some spy ever looks at your documents, they might consider you a potential terrorist. :P

"Soooo... This guy considers Canada a pile of useless debris and is looking forward to casting Meteor Swarm on it?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99434 on: December 03, 2015, 05:50:00 am »

Being sick sucks :(
._.
Pages: 1 ... 6627 6628 [6629] 6630 6631 ... 8167