Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6625 6626 [6627] 6628 6629 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438346 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99390 on: December 02, 2015, 02:26:22 am »

Speaking of cunts, I came in here to say I've had a cunt of a day.
Time to get my washing off the clothesline, take a shower, and chill the fuck out. Today was awful.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #99391 on: December 02, 2015, 02:57:51 am »

Gah, stupid software manufacturers. Just because I don't have twenty gigs free on my C drive doesn't mean I don't have twenty gigs free elsewhere, dammit!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #99392 on: December 02, 2015, 06:46:15 am »

Stayed up way too late playing Transistor, missed some classes due to sleeping trough them. Not too worried about that tbh, the subject isn't too hard and I can make up the difference on a different day.

What the real sad is, is that the piece I rushed to get done by the deadline two days ago to maybe get it published in a magazine wasn't actually sent. Got two automated gibberish mails from google saying that the sending was delayed for some reason because of the error on the recieving end or something. So that means that there's no chance of getting featured and I could've spent the time making something else :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99393 on: December 02, 2015, 10:37:38 am »

Re: Not wanting to live forever

Eh, I believe I could handle it.
Firstly, it'd really take a lot of the pressure off to do something with my life.
Secondly, my memory is absolute trash. Which is bad for things like remembering exactly how old I am, or worse, keeping track of my family tree, so I don't accidentally commit a taboo.
But the good news is, I'd be quite capable of living my life year to year, as I really won't remember the last.

The biggest issue I can see is what happens when I turn XYZ age.
Like, eighty, and I still look young. Or 130 and I'm alive. It would be a lot of explaining and I'd get quite worried about being taken to a lab somewhere.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #99394 on: December 02, 2015, 11:37:53 am »

nvm
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 11:40:58 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99395 on: December 02, 2015, 12:08:52 pm »

It's only noon.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #99396 on: December 02, 2015, 12:16:45 pm »

Oh Christ, I haven't slept in two days and I still can't stop and sleep for another four hours.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #99397 on: December 02, 2015, 01:46:55 pm »

I don't really fear death that much.

It's just ceasing to be. It's only painful for a bit. Many things in life are worse.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99398 on: December 02, 2015, 01:50:23 pm »

Firstly, it'd really take a lot of the pressure off to do something with my life.
Secondly, my memory is absolute trash. Which is bad for things like remembering exactly how old I am, or worse, keeping track of my family tree, so I don't accidentally commit a taboo.
But the good news is, I'd be quite capable of living my life year to year, as I really won't remember the last.

Like, eighty, and I still look young. Or 130 and I'm alive. It would be a lot of explaining and I'd get quite worried about being taken to a lab somewhere.

This is the problem. You'd have to move along from town to town when people get suspicious that you never age like the vampires in DF, except the government keeps much closer track of us. You can't even really flee to a different country without elaborately faking your identity, and eventually someone is going to notice that you've been paying income tax and renewing your drivers' license for longer than most people are alive. You'd pretty much have to go out and live as a hermit somewhere before the heat comes on, or stick to the most lawless regions of the world where the fog of war is too think to keep track of anything if you want to avoid being vivisected by the CIA.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99399 on: December 02, 2015, 01:54:37 pm »

Well, if living forever was a general thing, you wouldn't have to explain anything :v

Personally, I'm against eternal life unless society suffers some really drastic changes or we suddenly become able to travel into deep space and colonize other planets. We have enough people on the planet already, if eternal life becomes a thing, then the birthrate better decline quite a bit, which could lead to some dangerous consequences, like slowing down our evolution since we aren't breeding as much anymore.

Anyway, I'm personally ok with death. I've always felt that death is a natural part of life, as weird as that sounds, and that was before I actualy got into any religion. As long as I have a decent life and people (have good reasons to) remember me, I'm ok with death.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #99400 on: December 02, 2015, 02:38:35 pm »

This seems relevant

Personally I'd be totes okay with living forever. It doesn't matter what horrible things happen to you: You'd have eternity to get over it. :)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99401 on: December 02, 2015, 03:26:05 pm »

What's there to evolve? We already are so adaptable that the idea of living on other planets isn't far fetched, and if we really need to change somehow, we can do it ourselves rather than waiting for breeding and death to make the change, if it even does.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #99402 on: December 02, 2015, 05:08:44 pm »

I am sad, because.

"New version of dorf fortress is out"

Does not an excuse to skip work make.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99404 on: December 02, 2015, 06:01:32 pm »

Does not an excuse to skip work make.
It might do, if your boss is a DF player.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 6625 6626 [6627] 6628 6629 ... 8167