Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6614 6615 [6616] 6617 6618 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435552 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99225 on: November 26, 2015, 09:36:53 pm »

Oh gods, I would hate being a talk show host.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99226 on: November 26, 2015, 10:52:47 pm »

If my next payday was just one day earlier I could spend all my money on Black Friday sales today. :-\
That's what Cyber Monday is for!
Alas, I actually don't get paid 'til about a week after it all. It's just the IRL thing I need money for is an event the day before payday, so I'm kinda stuck.
I think I will just start a "buy all the things" fund, putting away a bit of money here and there so I can have a decent amount of cash to spend next time these sales roll around. Still, that sale at Relapse Records is pretty amazing... and I haven't even really looked at all the various electronics stores that might sell decent headphones.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99227 on: November 26, 2015, 11:40:44 pm »

Was out with friends, was out at a club, wasn't too terrible, there was a girl, super cute, I kept looking her way, she kept looking my way. Didn't really feel like starting anything up so I never approached her. I feel meh about the whole thing.
Heh, that's how I figure things will turn out with my current romantic interest...  She's incredibly cute - and hot! - and I get along with her very well, but the metaphorical spark is lacking.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99228 on: November 27, 2015, 01:31:45 am »

It was cool. Lots of people hated me and I didn't give a crap. Actually I gave more crap because of it.
Being universally reviled has its own weird pleasure to it if you lean into it.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99229 on: November 27, 2015, 01:44:44 am »

It was cool. Lots of people hated me and I didn't give a crap. Actually I gave more crap because of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWzWkeeGf2Y
Booze is Life for Yoink

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99230 on: November 27, 2015, 01:50:29 am »

I want to see you hosting a talkshow now.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99231 on: November 27, 2015, 01:51:24 am »

I'd watch it. Probably.
As long as Tack isn't secretly Hughesy.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99232 on: November 27, 2015, 03:07:16 am »

Probably more like a John Oliver with the goofiness switched out for malice.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99233 on: November 27, 2015, 03:09:03 am »

10/10
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99234 on: November 27, 2015, 03:31:52 am »

Had a really good Thanksgiving, but now I'm lying here awake and hungover at 3am.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99235 on: November 27, 2015, 04:43:09 am »

I had planned to watch a movie with a friend this evening, but he appears to be sound asleep.
Been looking forward to watching this film for a while, too. I'm not about to interrupt a nap, though.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99236 on: November 27, 2015, 08:26:51 am »

Time to repeat things which seem to recursively plague me on this forum, and by doing so- recursive plague the people who have to listen to the same bullshit again.

This was gonna be a happy thread post about searching self on the OOC thread being the best form of narcissism.
But, as with last time, I clicked a link I might have been better off not clicking- have noticed Tiruin hasn't been seen in a while, and that some in this forum liked me most at a time when I was at my most selfish.
I've gone long past caring about my populatity, but I really resent the idea that in trying to become a better person I've become a less tolerable one.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #99237 on: November 27, 2015, 08:57:29 am »

As far as regretting things goes, I don't think she'd register that much tbh as there's far bigger things I regret doing or not doing. Plus it could've gone either way and I've fucked myself over with could've beens for far too long to even try doing it again.

Also you could totally do a talk show, start off with YT then become stupidly popular enough to get onto TV, simple really :D

Also also, dude chill, she's been away for three days, probably busy or something, I'm sure she's fine.

(Also)3 I can relate to the last bit, it's frustrating, especially if you go the opposite direction without even realising it until someone gets hurt. Not much I can say other than hang it there buddy, you can do this, whatever it is you need to power trough or change, you are capable even if you aren't aware of it.

To quote the great Kamina:
"Don't believe in yourself, believe in me who believes in you!"

Edit:
I'm an idiot who misremembers great quotes, disregard the quote, but do take to heart the intention behind it X)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 09:01:47 am by Jopax »
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99238 on: November 27, 2015, 12:24:22 pm »

I have the willpower of a... well... a thing with very little willpower.
I should have gone to sleep hours ago, instead I'm still playing videogames. There is at least one thing I am supposed to be doing tomorrow... I'd rather not have to spend some of my precious money on energy drink. Also regular sads about life in general, bla bla bla whatever.

Edit: Oh gosh, and now there are embarrassing ugly photos of me (well, more of them) on social media, giving me another thing to be upset about.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 12:27:12 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99239 on: November 27, 2015, 12:34:07 pm »

I have the willpower of a... well... a thing with very little willpower.
I should have gone to sleep hours ago, instead I'm still playing videogames. There is at least one thing I am supposed to be doing tomorrow... I'd rather not have to spend some of my precious money on energy drink. Also regular sads about life in general, bla bla bla whatever.

Edit: Oh gosh, and now there are embarrassing ugly photos of me (well, more of them) on social media, giving me another thing to be upset about.
But when you want to finish your videogame you have lots of willpower. You have it, you just aim it on vidya.
Pages: 1 ... 6614 6615 [6616] 6617 6618 ... 8167