Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6570 6571 [6572] 6573 6574 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9445044 times)

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #98565 on: November 05, 2015, 10:17:55 am »

Working in logistics is turning me into a super grinch.  I never did care much for the holidays, but that one fucking day is not remotely worth the months of misery that millions of people go through in the lead up to it.  My indifference is turning into hatred.

If it helps, and I hope it does, perhaps you're not so upset about holidays, but rather all the crap we have recently associated with them? I'm unsure, but it seems a common thing with widespread sufferers.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98566 on: November 05, 2015, 10:58:11 am »

If I had to give, I'd give it.
But I don't. Sorry Yoink.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98567 on: November 05, 2015, 11:34:41 am »

What's the venue? You could probably sneak in if it's outdoors. Or just stand nearby, I guess, but I know that's not the same.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98568 on: November 05, 2015, 12:25:32 pm »

Hit by ratchet. Nothing broken.

But pain. Arms on fire.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98569 on: November 05, 2015, 12:57:45 pm »

It feels like my teeth are turning against me on the right side of my face. Lots of pain, dentist again asap.

Ice water made them feel great, until that got taken away from the teeth for a few minutes. More had to be applied.... Not good, the idea of being dependent upon anything like that. So I'm warming up the water by degrees to make them more aclimated to room temperature. Ouch though.

Head HAS to be kept up, or the pain becomes unbearable. Referred pain means I'm not entirely sure whih tooth it is in the first place. I thought it was just one up front due to night time grinding, but the x ray came back clean, and so far we only x rayed that tooth.... I'm on antibiotics for 10 days and will of course finish them all. The dentist said she'd be surprised if any major work needed to be done but damn. This has gone up in pain quite a bit since the first 3 days or so.  Used to be, I had absolutely no pain in the day and only did at night (due to head laying down. That's gone, and while I can say it's not as bad in the day, it's not great.

I just sleep in a chair now, sitting straight up and there's still some buzzing feeling in there

Dear god, I want a full x ray of my right side teeth. If I have to pull one or something, then so be it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #98570 on: November 05, 2015, 01:11:35 pm »

I had a cluster shadow two days ago. It didn't progress to a full-blown one, thankfully, but that's the first shadow strong enough to bother me since the last full headache, which was about two years ago. I really hope this is not indicative of a trend, since that headache was preceded by a five year gap. Most people do have them in the twenties, but I remember the childhood ones vividly. Not something I'm looking to repeat.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98571 on: November 05, 2015, 01:37:27 pm »

I had a cluster shadow two days ago. It didn't progress to a full-blown one, thankfully, but that's the first shadow strong enough to bother me since the last full headache, which was about two years ago. I really hope this is not indicative of a trend, since that headache was preceded by a five year gap. Most people do have them in the twenties, but I remember the childhood ones vividly. Not something I'm looking to repeat.

For what it's worth, I can sympathize. No type of head pain is good pain.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98572 on: November 05, 2015, 02:14:13 pm »

What's the venue? You could probably sneak in if it's outdoors. Or just stand nearby, I guess, but I know that's not the same.
The show I planned on going to is at a hotel, the Tote Hotel to be precise.
If it was at another hotel/live venue just down the street, I would probably be able to get in for free since I have a friend who works there. I doubt I'd be able to sweet-talk my way into the Tote, where I know hardly any of the staff. ...Anyway, I need to sleep now.
Maybe the answer will come to me in a dream.

Edit: Oh, I should clarify that I'm not trying to ask for money or anything weird like that. Just needed to vent because this distresses me.
I think my regular lack of funds is mainly indicative of the underlying problem of not having a job and/or being unable to find a job, which is a lot harder to solve. Oh well.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 02:16:24 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #98573 on: November 05, 2015, 02:47:44 pm »

Puppy was spayed this morning. Also had an umbilical hernia repaired.

Guess what day it is!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #98574 on: November 05, 2015, 04:00:21 pm »

I'm getting no solution for problems with a number of games I bought.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98575 on: November 05, 2015, 04:01:02 pm »

I feel like a visitor from some foreign country. Sure everyone is polite, some are even friendly, but when I actually have time to go out everyone suddenly has something else going on. I can't even blame them really. I know full well that I come off as distracted and aloof, but I really just can't relate well enough to contribute more than the odd remark to most conversations.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98576 on: November 05, 2015, 04:04:51 pm »

Guess what day it is!
... T-thursday?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #98577 on: November 05, 2015, 04:07:04 pm »

I really just can't relate well enough to contribute more than the odd remark to most conversations.
Protip: When in doubt, ask questions about what people are talking about. Most people are more than comfortable to talk about themselves or their experiences for much longer periods of time then they are willing to listen to you talk, and as long as you look interested that's more time for you to not have to talk, plus it seems like you are still interested and a good conversationalist.

I've had many a long conversation with people that consisted of nothing more than them talking and me asking questions and making the occasional odd remark. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #98578 on: November 05, 2015, 04:08:22 pm »

Guess what day it is!
... T-thursday?

No, socially sanctioned cruelty to animals day.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #98579 on: November 05, 2015, 04:10:16 pm »

No, socially sanctioned cruelty to animals day.
Unless you are actually planning to raise any puppies that your pup fathers/mothers (or are willing to lock them up so that that never happens), it's actually a net reduction in cruelty by having them spayed, since then you aren't unleashing hordes of uncared for and unwanted wild dogs upon the streets. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 6570 6571 [6572] 6573 6574 ... 8167