Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6572 6573 [6574] 6575 6576 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443842 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #98595 on: November 06, 2015, 02:27:26 pm »

Puppy was spayed this morning. Also had an umbilical hernia repaired.

Guess what day it is!
... T-thursday?

No, socially sanctioned cruelty to animals day.

That sounds accurate to me

I had a cluster shadow two days ago. It didn't progress to a full-blown one, thankfully, but that's the first shadow strong enough to bother me since the last full headache, which was about two years ago. I really hope this is not indicative of a trend, since that headache was preceded by a five year gap. Most people do have them in the twenties, but I remember the childhood ones vividly. Not something I'm looking to repeat.

Those are the headaches that hurt so much that even morphine doesn't help, right?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 02:35:08 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #98596 on: November 06, 2015, 03:14:08 pm »

My iritis has finally led to my left eye being basically useless, as was feared. Farewell peripheral vision and depth perception, you shall be missed.

On the bright side, I have a legitimate reason to wear an eyepatch now I guess.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #98597 on: November 06, 2015, 07:40:09 pm »

I have created a new avatar rotator.
(you've guessed it! Based on hatefutte parade.)
Sadly, Grumpybumpers just switches on and off again.
I don't want a broken image for my avatar... so I'm using another picture instead
Rubidium has RETURNED!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #98598 on: November 06, 2015, 07:45:12 pm »

I had a cluster shadow two days ago. It didn't progress to a full-blown one, thankfully, but that's the first shadow strong enough to bother me since the last full headache, which was about two years ago. I really hope this is not indicative of a trend, since that headache was preceded by a five year gap. Most people do have them in the twenties, but I remember the childhood ones vividly. Not something I'm looking to repeat.

Those are the headaches that hurt so much that even morphine doesn't help, right?
Apparently it's more along the lines of being one of the few sources of pain not affected by opiate drugs (and apparently now they think it may even exacerbate it). They are almost definitely the most painful things I've ever experienced, though, and I'm way on the low end. Some people have them every couple of hours, they tend to kill themselves, and I can see why.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #98599 on: November 06, 2015, 08:02:54 pm »

I have created a new avatar rotator.
(you've guessed it! Based on hatefutte parade.)
Sadly, Grumpybumpers just switches on and off again.
I don't want a broken image for my avatar... so I'm using another picture instead
And... this is the picture.
Rubidium has RETURNED!

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #98600 on: November 07, 2015, 01:53:33 am »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98601 on: November 07, 2015, 02:16:37 am »

Ready to vomit already. Wife and her mom are already discussing christmas stuff and watching sappy hallmark holiday movies. I really despise this time of year.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98602 on: November 07, 2015, 02:24:03 am »

Oh dear... that's gotta be rough.
I haven't checked recently, but the shops around here are probably already gonna be filling with Christmas-themed nonsense, too.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98603 on: November 07, 2015, 04:00:12 am »

Thesis proposal.

Tri-pronged failure.

Three months ago, had coordinated with Company A with a recommendation and a permission to cover their company as part of thesis. They respectfully declined. Understandable. Went to Company B. Approved. Made partial thesis; was told to revise. Understandable; was told to change topic position from Branding (marketing) to competitiveness (Finance, Marketing, HR, Operations). Okay, got it. Relate it to ASEAN integration. Understood. 1 Week passes, made thesis revision, was told to narrow down back to marketing... which is wait for it... BRANDING again. Due to a change in topics, company B suddenly backs out. Deadline approaching; hopes crushed and despairing.

Found company C. C is smallscale; altered thesis to fit C but with a noose C is never going to make it through the light of day. And garroted with a wire it did; Thesis proposal failed.

Find another company and/or switch topics. 4th revision... Sigh.

The kicker? We wanted out of this topic firsthand... our adviser didn't want us to, because it would be too much effort, so they said. Told them the topic would be difficult if not impossible to salvage... but come today the same concerns were reflected at us by the panel; the self-same concerns we made to the adviser to change topics and company. Add salt to the wound? Pay Php 2,100.00 for re-defense fees.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #98604 on: November 07, 2015, 04:58:32 am »

Though I've mostly gotten used to it, that yearning feeling of melancholy I get when my thoughts inevitably drift over to the person they float over to isn't really a pleasant sensation to experience. Neither is the predictable response from myself being disappointed at the direction my thoughts take and that I could be doing other things than being mopey over an unnattainable goal, which always fades after around three minutes of halfhearted haranguing me, only to reappear a short period of uninterrupted moping later.

Worst part is, these thought patterns get triggered so damn easily and they're difficult to fall out of. I'd never realized just how many songs had to do with love or the pursuit of a relationship until any lyrics to do with that started sending me into mope-ville. It's irritating.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #98605 on: November 07, 2015, 09:16:47 am »

Ohhhh bother, one of my older, weirder and more persistent problems has returned after a long absence. I've never really been open about it because i think it's weird and shameful, but what the hell, there are people who have waifu pillows. Basically, it relates to dragons (especially powerful ones getting visibly injured), for unknown reasons (and that's not just me hiding it, i genuinely don't know why), and it kind of feels like it makes my bowels and stomach contract, giving me severe nausea and heart pounding if i eat more than a little bit. I'd call it fear or anxiety, but on the other hand... Nothing else causes such a reaction in me, at all. Sure, fear and anxiety give me a griping in the gut, but it's no lasting effect. This particular problem, in its worst occurrence, lasted the better part of 8 months, which resulted in me losing 5kg off of my already skinny frame.

It vanished very suddenly the first time when i fought the first dragon in Skyrim, possibly due to shock therapy. Since then, it has only been brief pangs, and i even slew two dragons in DA: Inquisition without ill effects. Enter last night, where i read things on TVTropes (god help me), and then KABOOM. Apetite very low, nausea lurking around the corner. This... Brings back memories that i could do without. It doesn't even feel like an emotional response, although my irritable bowels and fear of vomiting definitely don't help.

... Upon reflection, it can be compared to what i feel while waiting for an exam to begin (i.e. worry/nervousness), except it's MUCH worse. Exams already mess with my bowels, so imagine taking that feeling and amplifying it by an order of magnitude, and then you have The Problem(tm). I don't suppose anyone else has this kind of problem?
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #98606 on: November 07, 2015, 11:21:35 am »

When I attempted suicide, no one in my family responded at all.
I tell my parents I don't want to have sex with people, I get a doctors appointment within the week.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98607 on: November 07, 2015, 11:24:49 am »

I tell my parents I don't want to have sex with people, I get a doctors appointment within the week.
Wow, that... sucks.
Yeah, not really sure what to say there, but yeah. That sucks.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #98608 on: November 07, 2015, 11:38:38 am »

*hugs* (all of them)

If you need an ear to vent I'm here, heck, pretty much all of us are here bro (that's a gender neutral bro btw). Hopefully stuff works out for you, however bleak it might seem. I really don't have enough expirience with these things to offer much help sadly :(

Also Shook that is one heck of a weird problem, it almost calls for science, is it only dragons getting hurt or can it happen with any animal getting hurt? Maybe it's not the dragons themselves but what they represent to you and that getting rekt that is causing the tummy turmoil?

Also some presonal sads, it seems the universe is conspiring against me getting money, first it took me a week to go to the bank and deposit some cash on the card (so I don't have to exchange it and lose some in the process) then when I finally get to an ATM it's fucking broken, then I go take a walk on a suprisingly hot day to find one and despite this bank pretty much having ATM's on every corner I seem to miss all those corners in the 40 minutes I'd spent walking around before giving up frustrated and simply going home.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #98609 on: November 07, 2015, 11:48:03 am »

Wow your parents have a weird sense of priorities.

That sucks, Kal. Keep hanging in there.

edited to sound less edgy.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 11:56:35 am by Spehss _ »
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 6572 6573 [6574] 6575 6576 ... 8167