Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6526 6527 [6528] 6529 6530 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449697 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #97905 on: October 12, 2015, 08:23:36 pm »

Well, it's been a week and I've fucked up my sleep again. Mostly because all my classes are in the afternoon so there isn't really anything to do in the morning besides be annoyed  that I have to take a walk downhill (and back uphill) to get something for breakfast. But I don't want to have a shitty sleep schedule like this and now I have to do a full restart thingy again but can't do so before thursday because classes require me to be atleast somewhat functional :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97906 on: October 12, 2015, 08:25:37 pm »

Australia sucks, but at least I live there.
Canada doesn't even have that going for it, and the climate's worse from what I hear... :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97907 on: October 12, 2015, 08:55:13 pm »

You kidding? Australia's the best. If the polls on a Prime Minister ever drop below the 60-40 mark, they just switch a new one in! No elections, no nothing!
It's awesome. They just keep shuffling out new Prime Ministers until we get a perfect one.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97908 on: October 12, 2015, 08:55:37 pm »

You kidding? Australia's the best. If the polls on a Prime Minister ever drop below the 60-40 mark, they just switch a new one in! No elections, no nothing!
It's awesome. They just keep shuffling out new Prime Ministers until we get a perfect one.
...??????????????
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #97909 on: October 12, 2015, 09:11:19 pm »

how does one help friend who tbh really needs help more :\

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #97910 on: October 12, 2015, 09:26:08 pm »

political bogosort is as efficient as all other non-quantum forms of bogosort
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #97911 on: October 12, 2015, 09:32:46 pm »

how does one help friend who tbh really needs help more :\
All I can say is for the love of all things, don't force it. It'll do far more harm than good.
yeah im just trying to listen to and support her and stuff idk i feel like i should do more but yeah i dont want to do/say the wrong thing and worsen it so yeah just going to try and talk to her more since we dont talk a lot and just try to be a better friend and stuff and be there for them, im not gonna like do anything beyond that w/o her wishing so and i hope i can help her through this

im just bringing it up here bc idk why tbh i dont want to bother my other friends and stuff, and like whatever

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97912 on: October 12, 2015, 10:16:15 pm »

Australian government data collection laws :/

Basically the best reason ever to off-shore all your digital services if you're in Australia. If you use domestic email services, then the ISP is required to record all your received and set emails.

Not surprising. I've always gotten the impression that Austrailia is second only to China and North Korea in terms of digital oppression.

You're not far off. Compared to a lot of other first world nations, we are heavily surveilled. Compared to other nations worldwide, we're rather more free on the internet - but that's not saying much compared to say Russia, China, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan or India.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #97913 on: October 12, 2015, 11:07:35 pm »

So I tried to sleep, tossed and turned and sunk deeper for about an hour before getting fed up with it. Not sure what I'll do now, might try going back to sleep since it seems the thing in my sig helped relieve some of the stress and horribleness.

But that was remedying the symptom I think, and without fixing the underlying issue it'll be back. I've been trying to do it the past few months but it doesn't seem to be working, I'm at the end of my wits here and I don't think I can carry on like this. I need to change, the change needs to be fundamental and it needs to happen soon, it's just that every time I start I'll last for a few days and then something will happen and it doesn't even have to be big, but it'll all fall apart and I'll just crawl back inside my safe zone and get absolutely nowhere.
It's this hellish place where I feel there's something wrong and I can point to most of the things that are wrong, but it never seems too wrong to be fixed now, maybe tommorrow. I keep leaving it to my future self, which keeps leaving it to his future self and so on. So how to stop living in the future, well, not actually living, planning to live. Hoping to get to the destination of a complete person (however achievable) without taking the trip. I can see how dumb and impossible that is, I understand that, so why the fuck can't I abide by that understanding?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #97914 on: October 13, 2015, 01:59:48 am »

I am sick of project-as-assessment in my classes. I never thought I'd say this, but I'd love to just take a regular "fill in the correct answer, show your work" boring ass, pencil-on-paper test. Just one project eats up so much time and energy that it significantly damages my other classes. If I have to make one more god damn collage about my feelings, I am going to scream.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #97915 on: October 13, 2015, 02:37:26 am »

Have you ever had cause to be incredibly happy, but you have to stop yourself from fully experiencing or expressing that happiness to prevent the loss of the source of your joy in the first place, so it whiplashes back at you into sadness about as intense as the endorphin rush would've been?
I dislike this feeling. It's trying to give me the sense that I'm wrong for being happy.

I'm not wrong per se.

Just foolish and willing to inflict too much emotional pain on myself for someone else's sake.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #97916 on: October 13, 2015, 02:58:21 am »

Australian government data collection laws :/

Basically the best reason ever to off-shore all your digital services if you're in Australia. If you use domestic email services, then the ISP is required to record all your received and set emails.

Not surprising. I've always gotten the impression that Austrailia is second only to China and North Korea in terms of digital oppression.

You're not far off. Compared to a lot of other first world nations, we are heavily surveilled. Compared to other nations worldwide, we're rather more free on the internet - but that's not saying much compared to say Russia, China, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan or India.

On top of that we have some of the worst download speeds in the world.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #97917 on: October 13, 2015, 03:02:29 am »

I am sick of project-as-assessment in my classes. -- If I have to make one more god damn collage about my feelings, I am going to scream.
Are you implying a completely subjective, personal work has an actual effect on your grade beyond the practice it's worth? Which subject is this and what has your teacher been abusing?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #97918 on: October 13, 2015, 03:03:33 am »

I just used "collage about my feelings" as an example. There's actual substance to the assignment in question, but it's still a very annoying art project.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97919 on: October 13, 2015, 03:22:21 am »

Australia sucks, but at least I live there.
Canada doesn't even have that going for it, and the climate's worse from what I hear... :P

Just like everywhere else basically.
Pages: 1 ... 6526 6527 [6528] 6529 6530 ... 8167