Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6514 6515 [6516] 6517 6518 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452651 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #97725 on: October 06, 2015, 11:04:25 pm »

I just had a dream about my old dog, Bear. It's been years since I saw him last and I have no idea what actually happened to him.
It's a long story, but I was incredibly sad about losing him and now this dream reminded me of it all.

He was such a good dog.
...Actually no, he was an asshole. But an adorable asshole. And I loved him for it. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #97726 on: October 06, 2015, 11:55:36 pm »

Goddamn kittens peed on my bed again. Had to dig into the blanket crate. All I wanted was to go to bed.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #97727 on: October 07, 2015, 12:14:17 am »

* Cinder makes sick whimpers.

Took a nap that turned into 4 hours. My head still hurts and now I don't think I'm falling asleep tonight. I also don't have any sleeping pills left.

May FSM have mercy upon me.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97728 on: October 07, 2015, 03:42:30 am »

I'm not a big fan of where Cracked has gone in the last few years.

Also @Truean we had a gay mathematics teacher who kept it in the closet for years and it only took one douchebag with a smartphone to tear his job to pieces.
I mean, in the bright, neon glare of the politically correct future, we can assume nobody will care about it- but regardless, not a fun thing.
So I guess, I'm not telling you to relax. That being said, I still haven't read the article, so I'm really just spouting nonsense.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 05:53:12 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97729 on: October 07, 2015, 05:22:40 am »

Took a nap that turned into 4 hours. My head still hurts and now I don't think I'm falling asleep tonight. I also don't have any sleeping pills left.

:(
Indeed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #97730 on: October 07, 2015, 09:01:57 am »

I've had naps like that. Wake up feeling groggy but after a while I snap out of it. Then again I'm not taking sleeping pills. Good luck with sleep stuff, mate.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #97731 on: October 07, 2015, 10:19:50 am »

I'm really starting to feel the people who are my main potential source of social contact (unless I learn how to complete strangers without it being weird) are largely a bunch of toxic asswipes. Granted, it might be somewhat skewed by the fact that a person I mentioned around here before who I know is a certifiable toxic asswipe is inexplicably popular while my opinion is 'literally have to suppress the urge to dropkick a bitch'.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #97732 on: October 07, 2015, 10:53:06 am »

Apparently my parents are really considering moving with me when I go to college.

Persuade them it'll be cheaper to let you stay in res. It probably even will be - housing near colleges is freaking expensive, and if you don't live nearby transport is expensive.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97733 on: October 07, 2015, 10:55:33 am »

Well they can fuck right off with that idea. It undermines a large part of the whole idea university of university, and also terrible for them in terms of having to live with a student/students.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97734 on: October 07, 2015, 11:19:39 am »

Apparently my parents are really considering moving with me when I go to college.
As someone who went to college locally and stayed with a parent to save money:
run
I don't mean to freak you out, but just imagining being followed like that is freaking me out.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #97735 on: October 07, 2015, 11:34:09 am »

Yeah, that's really bad and clingy. The whole point of living alone as a student is figuring out how to live alone as an adult with some semblance of a saftey net present. If they're just gonna follow you that really can't happen. Worse yet is if they expect to stay with them after you finish studying, like mine do (well, they expect me to come back home), and while that does make fiscal sense it's also pretty terrible in terms of letting you live your own life like the fucking adult you're supposed to be at that point. And this kinda turned into a rant about me being pissed at my dad for being my dad :V

Anywhooo, sad news, keeps raining, don't have an umbrella, going to get one requires going out into the rain for an extended period of time :V
Also cut my left hand pretty badly this morning while having breakfast, it doesn't really hurt that much but the wound is kinda large and makes using my left hand for anything kinda open the wound and get blood everywhere.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #97736 on: October 07, 2015, 11:44:01 am »

Since you're probably past 18 and a legal adult when you're going to college, you could technically forbid your parents from moving with you. They could still move to the same city on their own, but you wouldn't have to let them into your home. Should they try to force themselves into your life after that, that'd be trespassing, stalking, battery, slander or any of a variety of crimes.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #97737 on: October 07, 2015, 12:17:33 pm »

have to drop my us history class, because I fucked up in the first week with dates and then after that shit was just ruined

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #97738 on: October 07, 2015, 12:36:26 pm »

So busy with many things x_x Using the net in...early hours of the morning to get things done. May probably have time to address other things tomorrow. Argh time, busy-ness, and the !!fun!! of Philippine weather during this time of year. X_x

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #97739 on: October 07, 2015, 12:41:34 pm »

have to drop my us history class, because I fucked up in the first week with dates and then after that shit was just ruined
What, you put down the Declaration of Independence as 1492, and the Civil War as 1776 or something?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 6514 6515 [6516] 6517 6518 ... 8167