Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6428 6429 [6430] 6431 6432 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446897 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #96435 on: August 18, 2015, 08:33:03 pm »

Well, there's a sound in there that it could also possibly be. I emailed them and they'll get back soon, or so the replybot claimed.

The email they sent was really vague, too. It just said "A third-party asset", not "texture" or "sound" or anything.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 08:37:24 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96437 on: August 19, 2015, 04:36:40 am »

This apparently contradicts that, as you would have to include the image file itself with the scene in order to sell it as part of a model/scene. Licenses should be considered null and void if they don't make sense and contradict themselves.
It means you've got to change the texture in some way in order to make it work with the model. If you're just pasting it on unedited then that's not okay.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96438 on: August 19, 2015, 05:52:49 am »

Need to find a better way to summarise my books. Every damn time I try to explain them to someone, they go from "oh what's your writing?" to "oh.... ._. "

First figured that out when fumbling to explain to a rich and powerful guy after eating the holy pasta cooked by servants in the summer house in the middle of the rainforest. Every room in that house was art. And who has a courtyard with a fountain in their log cabin?

Digressing. This time I had a drunk woman telling me that I shouldn't write clichés. From my one sentence of trying to explain it. I know I shouldn't take much stock from the one that hangs with bar-vomiting guy, but she seemed kind, in the nice-to-everyone-will-flirt-with-a-door way. You'd think after 2 years of having the time to think about concocting some kind of summary that I'd actually have some semblance of one. NOPE.

Agent queries will be a mess. Rubbish at self-marketing. Considering resorting to capturing readers, tying them in the basement until they read the books then describe it.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #96439 on: August 19, 2015, 06:08:13 am »

Agent queries will be a mess. Rubbish at self-marketing. Considering resorting to capturing readers, tying them in the basement until they read the books then describe it.
You could probably recruit some forumgoers to that position. There's bound to be at least a few people around here who'd read it.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96440 on: August 19, 2015, 06:25:21 am »

May just be how you've phrased it, but I think the problem is you telling random strangers about your writing.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96441 on: August 19, 2015, 06:45:38 am »

May just be how you've phrased it, but I think the problem is you telling random strangers about your writing.

"wat u do?"

"i write"

"what about?"

*flailing gestures*

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #96442 on: August 19, 2015, 07:20:13 am »

There's bound to be at least a few people around here who'd read it.

ayooooo

I'd read it. Not that I want to spend the rest of my life in your basement, b-baka.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96443 on: August 19, 2015, 09:08:47 am »

There's bound to be at least a few people around here who'd read it.

ayooooo

I'd read it. Not that I want to spend the rest of my life in your basement, b-baka.
I'll take the basement then if Laptisen doesn't want it.

Also my cookie dough in the fridge is frozen... no fresh cookies for breakfest it seems.
Nom nom nom

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96444 on: August 19, 2015, 09:52:16 am »

I wouldn't mind test-reading stuff.  Not that I'm necessarily any better than some of those people.

Free book is good book.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96445 on: August 19, 2015, 10:05:25 am »

"wat u do?"

*flailing gestures*
Fixd.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96446 on: August 19, 2015, 11:15:07 am »

Shooting yourself in the foot? That was pretty popular in WWI, if I remember my self-mutilation techniques correctly.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #96447 on: August 19, 2015, 11:26:13 am »

A Migrant has arrived!

...really? I was kind of hoping for more than one, you know?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96448 on: August 19, 2015, 11:30:39 am »

A Migrant has arrived!

...really? I was kind of hoping for more than one, you know?

You'll look back on this with nostalgia when 47 show up in a couple months.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96449 on: August 19, 2015, 11:35:36 am »

Shooting yourself in the foot? That was pretty popular in WWI, if I remember my self-mutilation techniques correctly.

Pfft, just in the foot? Didn't you hear about the guy in a wheelchair that was sanctioned because he couldn't attend his appeal that was on the 2nd floor of the building? Filthy pleb couldn't even crawl up the stairs, so obviously he just scrounging and was fit for work.

And thanks guys, may just take you up on the offer someday. :P
Pages: 1 ... 6428 6429 [6430] 6431 6432 ... 8167