Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6363 6364 [6365] 6366 6367 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9434079 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #95460 on: July 22, 2015, 08:55:15 pm »

If by nothing you mean murderous wildlife, murderous locals, and oppressive heat.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95461 on: July 22, 2015, 09:13:24 pm »

So Australia is like the rural deep southeast, particularly Alabama or Mississippi?
okay a lot of NC is like that too but I like to pretend otherwise
There are pockets of civilization, see.  The interstates and coastlines tend to import the rest of the nation.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95462 on: July 22, 2015, 09:24:14 pm »

The period key on my keyboard broke
Now everything I say sounds terse
Oh well
youre now in tumblr mode congratulations
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95463 on: July 22, 2015, 09:35:01 pm »

The period key on my keyboard broke
Now everything I say sounds terse
Oh well
youre now in tumblr mode congratulations

Or haiku mode.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #95464 on: July 22, 2015, 09:45:05 pm »

In a show of stupidity and utter lack of self control that completely failed to suprise me I stayed up the whole night watching Parks and Rec.

Not that I had anything important to do today, but I'm kinda trying to get myself together so this isn't really helping.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #95465 on: July 22, 2015, 10:37:33 pm »

I hate it when people equate normalcy with health.

Personally I'd only class something as a mental illness if it interferes with accurate perception of reality, which would remove a number of additional things that still are on the books, and even reclassify some of them (high-functioning autism, mild depression, and sociopathy, for example) as the opposite of a mental illness.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #95466 on: July 22, 2015, 10:42:30 pm »

That's a really weird usage of "resented", both times.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95467 on: July 22, 2015, 10:43:56 pm »

That's a really weird usage of "resented", both times.
Hondurans.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95468 on: July 22, 2015, 11:34:25 pm »

Unfortunately I can't legally drive. Also I'd probably destroy everything in my path and/or myself if I tried.
And yeah, that'd be like a two-day trip unless you're in some sort of supercar or something.

Fakeedit: 9 new replies, bla bla bla. I thought I hit 'post' hours ago.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95469 on: July 23, 2015, 12:00:32 am »

Personally I'd only class something as a mental illness if it interferes with accurate perception of reality, which would remove a number of additional things that still are on the books, and even reclassify some of them (high-functioning autism, mild depression, and sociopathy, for example) as the opposite of a mental illness.
... not as such. A mental illness refers to a problem with the brain's functions - i.e., it doesn't work right. There's a very big gap between this and the "we are all unique" claptrap, too. Depression does affect your mental processes to the point of irrationality. Autism is what happens when the brain forms too many connections too soon. That kind of helps with academics, but overall (esp. social development and sensory things) it totally is improper function.
Also, sociopathy is literally just psychopathy, and no-one (who isn't mental themselves) has ever said that psychopaths aren't mentally ill, they're just unique, like everyone else.

He was talking about someone who was angry and sad because his lover thought he betrayed him and is now dating someone else.
I still think it's a really weird use of "resented".
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95470 on: July 23, 2015, 12:14:44 am »

So Australia is like the rural deep southeast, particularly Alabama or Mississippi?
okay a lot of NC is like that too but I like to pretend otherwise
There are pockets of civilization, see.  The interstates and coastlines tend to import the rest of the nation.

The Stuart Highway is 2,834 Km (1,761 Mi) long and connects Port Augusta in South Australia to Darwin in the Northern Territory, passing through Alice Springs in the centre of Australia. Most of the length of the highway looks like this and the trip takes about 30 hours.

Travelling from one place to another in Australia usually takes a few hours. I sometimes go from Melbourne to Horsham and that takes about 3 1/2 hours.

Melbourne to Victor Harbour, a location in South Australia, took about 8 hours by car.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95471 on: July 23, 2015, 12:50:28 am »

Yeesh, that's a lot of driving.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #95472 on: July 23, 2015, 02:23:13 am »

The locals aren't always murderous. We're pretty nice most of the time. The wildlife is pretty bad though, especially at dusk, dawn and night.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95473 on: July 23, 2015, 02:25:29 am »

The locals aren't always murderous. We're pretty nice most of the time. The wildlife is pretty bad though, especially at dusk, dawn and night.

You know I was at Innsmouth just a few days ago and I said the exact same thing.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95474 on: July 23, 2015, 07:07:02 am »

Got a new watch, but even after putting it on the smallest 'hinge' (idk what they're called) it's still way too big for my tiny sparrow snap-like-twig wrists. Removing the links seems very dubious. >:l

Pages: 1 ... 6363 6364 [6365] 6366 6367 ... 8167