Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6356 6357 [6358] 6359 6360 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9428907 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #95355 on: July 20, 2015, 01:34:01 pm »

Seems that my CPU fan is suffering some issue of some kind. It spins, but when the CPU gets hot it doesn't seem to spin  faster, now. Not sure if it's a problem with the motherboard's fan power outlet thingy, or if it's a problem with the fan itself. Either way, doing anything CPU intensive heats up the CPU and shuts off the PC.
http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php Download and install Speedfan and see if you can adjust the fan speed there. You can also monitor your cpu temperatures.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #95356 on: July 20, 2015, 02:46:04 pm »

Found out I haven't been made redundant, but instead been offered a new, awful contract; The pay is so much lower as to force me out of the job by the end of the year. I don't know what to do as I've not been able to find another job without the same problems; Everywhere is offering temporary contracts, too few hours, or similar paltry wages. Seems I may have to eat into my savings just to get by, but beyond that I don't want to end up needing benefits as it'd feel like a massive step back (not that I've received them since childhood).

I shouldn't really complain as other colleagues are in the same situation with a family and debts to support on top. Things are just feeling particularly hopeless at the moment and it's making me anxious.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95357 on: July 20, 2015, 02:51:40 pm »

Seems that my CPU fan is suffering some issue of some kind. It spins, but when the CPU gets hot it doesn't seem to spin  faster, now. Not sure if it's a problem with the motherboard's fan power outlet thingy, or if it's a problem with the fan itself. Either way, doing anything CPU intensive heats up the CPU and shuts off the PC.
http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php Download and install Speedfan and see if you can adjust the fan speed there. You can also monitor your cpu temperatures.
That did jack-all, so I'm tempted to guess it's a hardware rather than software failure.
Yea sounds like it, I assume you have the stock fan then? Those things are garbage, they are loud and hard move any heat.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #95358 on: July 20, 2015, 03:34:12 pm »

I'm sad because my project will be finished today. It has been going on for 14 days on my website... I'm so sad, yet proud that I'm done with it! I'm finally doing the final team for my website, "Randomized Elements Reaction!" It's so sad... What can I do now?

Also, I have a picture for the final team that's gonna be made. I make a randomized picture for every team I make. This is going to be the last picture!
Rubidium has RETURNED!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95359 on: July 20, 2015, 03:52:45 pm »

That did jack-all, so I'm tempted to guess it's a hardware rather than software failure.
Yea sounds like it, I assume you have the stock fan then? Those things are garbage, they are loud and hard move any heat.
Had a look at it, it actually looks to be some issue with the fan power outputs. The stock fan's been doing a fine job up until now, but it seems that ALL my fans, excluding the GPU ones, are runnign slower than normal. Not sure if the PSU's not doing that great a job, or if the motherboard's given up on supplying sufficient power, but either way, the CPU fan isn't spinning fast enough and I need to give the case fans a little push to get them going.
Are the case fans connected to the motherboard or the PSU?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95360 on: July 20, 2015, 04:07:58 pm »

Possible that the BIOS decided to clear its settings and the default speed is low. My motherboard can't handle the extra fans so I had to purchase myself a fan controller for more speed control. Definitely get it checked out. New computer builds are coming up cheap too if the time comes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95361 on: July 20, 2015, 04:46:00 pm »

Now something irritating, my brother, in his almost-inspiring laziness, decided that rather than finish off the old weetabix, he'd go off and open up another pack so he didn't have to put the old one in the recycling. As a result, I took the one biscuit left and wrote on the old pack that he can go put it away.
Worse than Stalin. At least he doesn't squeeze toothpaste from the top... right?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95362 on: July 20, 2015, 07:19:26 pm »

Feeling down for the millionth time this month. I honestly don't know why. Probably just hormones. Who knows. I just wish I did. Hell, I've had these days for at least a couple months. I haven't really posted about it because I've had someone to talk to on steam, but they aren't online. Might as well post about it here.

Just feel like laying on my bed and browsing reddit on my phone, but of course that doesn't help. Just makes me wonder why I can't improve my mood. Honestly, I just feel like I'm going nowhere in life. I don't have a job, haven't learned how to drive, don't know if I want to go college. Hell, I don't even know what I want to do when I 'grow up.' It's just a big list of things I haven't done. A list that makes me wish I knew what to do. Maybe I'm just not trying enough. Maybe. I don't know. Haven't really been able to motivate myself to do much of anything, long term at least.

Blegh. There. Venting over.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #95363 on: July 20, 2015, 07:35:37 pm »

(Finally) decided to read Ender's Game and realized I didn't like it. The characters, while not particularly interesting, played their role of backed up a poorly-thought plot with solid execution. I'm almost inclined to say that the book is overrated, but I don't want to make myself feel like an insecure contrarian. The mental turmoil, though not as strong as what many of you are going through, is real.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95364 on: July 20, 2015, 09:11:20 pm »

I have run out of tabs with which to Bay12 on my Kindle.  Yes this is one of them.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #95365 on: July 20, 2015, 09:16:12 pm »

(Finally) decided to read Ender's Game and realized I didn't like it. The characters, while not particularly interesting, played their role of backed up a poorly-thought plot with solid execution. I'm almost inclined to say that the book is overrated, but I don't want to make myself feel like an insecure contrarian. The mental turmoil, though not as strong as what many of you are going through, is real.
Honestly I liked Ender's Shadow quite a bit more than Ender's Game (and really the best part of both of them was the game parts IMO, the other things tended to get a strange for me at times).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #95366 on: July 20, 2015, 09:26:46 pm »

Honestly I liked Ender's Shadow quite a bit more than Ender's Game (and really the best part of both of them was the game parts IMO, the other things tended to get a strange for me at times).

I expect that the rest of the series is far better than the first, but I'll end up reading those eventually.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95367 on: July 20, 2015, 09:28:02 pm »

Yeah.  It gets kinda weird as you go along.  Like, VERY weird.  Not WTF-thread level weird.  Mostly.  But close.  The battles are interesting though.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95368 on: July 20, 2015, 10:03:49 pm »

I never have enough time to sit down and update Descent.

hhhhhh

* Cinder wilts
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95369 on: July 20, 2015, 10:54:25 pm »

* Cinder wilts
* Orange Wizard pours water on Cinder.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 6356 6357 [6358] 6359 6360 ... 8167