Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6342 6343 [6344] 6345 6346 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9431001 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #95145 on: July 13, 2015, 11:52:35 pm »

Parents give us a chouce between going to place A or B.
Everyone immediately chooses B. Dad says we are going to A, because "you'll like it".
Me and my sisters complain about it, majority wanted B, and what is the point of asking if they'll just choose what they want. Mom told us we were right, and next time they're not gonna ask.

This is just one of many times in the past few days (it has alredy happened multiple times today) where our parents just imposed their will on us. And it's getting really frustrating by now, becasue on top of the fact that I get no choice, I know I can't do anything about it.

Reverse psychology works really well on people who just want to be contrary all the time. Test it out. Next time you're offered a choice, advocate for the opposite of whatever your sisters want. See if your parents consistently side with you or your sisters (I'm guessing you probably already know how it's likely to go in your family). If that's the case, you have a pretty surefire way to shift choices to whatever you want: say you want "A" and your sisters also want "A", you ask for "B". Then you'll probably get result "A" like you wanted.
But if you want the opposite of your sisters, side with your sisters and take a slightly confrontational tone with your parents over it. Guaranteed your parents will then enforce the choice you wanted in the first place to spite you.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 12:08:28 am by Reelya »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95146 on: July 14, 2015, 12:57:48 am »

I get the feeling like the mum said 'which do you want to go to', and then the dad pulled a stubborn, and she went along with it.
Also it could be a 'trying new things' thing. Making y'all go to place A because you haven't before.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95147 on: July 14, 2015, 01:01:15 am »

Also it could be a 'trying new things' thing. Making y'all go to place A because you haven't before.

If you ignore all previous interactions with said malfunctioning parental units, then yes, it could be interpreted benignly. As is, I doubt its anything more then thinly disguised douchebaggery.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #95148 on: July 14, 2015, 01:38:36 am »

Stayed up too late again. Hahaha wee. Why do I do this to myself.

I didn't go do some errands today because I stayed up too late yesterday and felt too tired. Figured I'd do them tomorrow after going to sleep earlier. ...that plan is ruined.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #95149 on: July 14, 2015, 02:17:44 am »

Heh, I woke up too early. I've been sleep deprived for a couple of days now and I really needed some more. Too bad I fell asleep sometime after 2 AM and woke up around 8 AM again.

Plus I'm hungry, really really hungry, but I'm too sleepy to make anything to eat right now :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #95150 on: July 14, 2015, 02:24:41 am »

Dont know if it will help anyone out. But here's a cute little song for all you other procrastinators and sleepyheads out there.

The first step to getting through something for a lot of people is to have a sense of humor about it.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95151 on: July 14, 2015, 02:50:43 am »

I will probably never be able to finish this scarf that I've been working on since last September.

The yarn I need is called Grand Rapids Green, from Hometown USA. It used to be at my local Wal-Mart, but now they refuse to stock it for whatever reason. So I look on Walmart.com.... $8.29 for a single package. For reference, it was $2.99 in the store. Yeah, I'm gonna shop around a bit.

I look on Lion Brands' website, which lists it at $5.29. Still too much for a single package IMO. Ebay isn't any better. Finally I find it on Amazon for $4.99, which isn't what I was hoping for but still the best deal I could find.

It turns out to be an "add-on item", which means I can't even buy it unless my order total is $25 or over. So...... unless I spend a ridiculous amount of money, I can't spend any money at all? That doesn't make any sense at all. I just wanted to buy ONE THING. So, instead of making $4.99, Amazon has made no money at all, and convinced me to not buy anything on Amazon if I can help it. What the hell kind of stupid policy is that?

So now the green scarf will probably not be finished for a long time, which sucks because it was turning out to be the best one so far.

Well, if I ever have a reason to buy $25 worth of stuff from Amazon, I'd be happy to order that as well and send it to you.
I don't think Amazon sells much of anything that I need, though. I usually just shop on Ebay. :-\

Edit: Oh, right, my own sad. Why is there seemingly no such thing as a good in-browser email client anymore?
It's making me so fucking angry having to put up with the shittiness of things like Yahoo (with all its ads, intrusive security stuff and stupid front page) and GMX (with its poor web design and bugginess). I remember back when Yahoo was actually a really good, easy and fast email. Now it's a cesspit.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 02:53:55 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #95152 on: July 14, 2015, 03:40:19 am »

I've found gmail to be good.  Whatever else you might say about it, you can log in quickly and its got a simple interface.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #95153 on: July 14, 2015, 03:41:13 am »

Gmail has been pretty nice to me since beta too. Owlga actually also uses it as a chat client.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95154 on: July 14, 2015, 03:54:00 am »

I personally never liked Gmail.
Yahoo mail trying to be more like Gmail is actually one of the main reasons I dislike it so much these days. >.>
To tell the truth it's probably pretty much the same, just with more stupid news articles on the sign-in page.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95155 on: July 14, 2015, 05:23:17 am »

Gmail is owned by Google and we all know Google is literally Hitler and is enemy to Bay12 hipsters everywhere.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #95156 on: July 14, 2015, 07:31:55 am »

Gmail is owned by Google and we all know Google is literally Hitler and is enemy to Bay12 hipsters everywhere.
I tought we weren't hipsters! :(
In a time before time, I had a name.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95157 on: July 14, 2015, 08:25:02 am »

I tought we weren't hipsters! :(
DF players use rocks before they are cool.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #95158 on: July 14, 2015, 09:21:57 am »

I got a two pound bag of brazil nuts to eat as a snack instead of sugar garbage.  Pure fat and protein, they're like snack steak.

The only problem is all that fat means they go rancid easily.  When I got htem in the mail they were yellow, tasteless, and mushy.  20 bucks down the drain, these things are inedible.
Shoes...

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95159 on: July 14, 2015, 09:39:46 am »

Gmail is pretty great imo, every other email service I've used tends to come with ads, vulnerabilities to spam and are all too happy to destroy your account unless you use them with certain regularity. Google Hangouts isn't even that bad and its video chat tends to be better then skype at times.

On brnuts: ye, not the kind of thing you want to order by mail. I'm actualy not even sure how people even preserve them, since they are incredibly fatty. They dont even stay fresh for too long if you keep them on their shell. They are delishus fresh, though.

Anyway, on today sads: I found out the library close to my office sells some of Humberto Rohden's books, but they were apparently sold out when I got there, and they haven't ordered new ones yet :C

On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 6342 6343 [6344] 6345 6346 ... 8167