Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6315 6316 [6317] 6318 6319 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9450015 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #94740 on: June 28, 2015, 09:05:38 pm »

That's gonna be the very next thing America legalizes, innit.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #94741 on: June 28, 2015, 09:11:26 pm »

If everything goes as we hope, maybe.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #94742 on: June 28, 2015, 09:28:15 pm »

That's gonna be the very next thing America legalizes, innit.

Hopefully
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94743 on: June 28, 2015, 11:31:47 pm »

At the very least, it'll give us one less thing to argue about. I'm so tired of everyone shitting on everyone else over stupid, petty shit.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94744 on: June 29, 2015, 12:50:41 am »

Since there's no rage thread, I'll post this here. Living out in the country as I do, critters are occasionally a problem, especially in summer. This time though, it's ants, which I have tentatively identified as Little Black Ants. I'm currently attempting to remove any food source I can manage, then place some bait and follow them back to their nest. When I find the routes they take I will block them off, then remove the nest with extreme prejudice, but until then I have to deal with the little bastards running around everywhere and shitting up the place. I'm sure the local spider population has never been happier, but having an assload of spiders around isn't too much better than the ants as far as I'm concerned.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94745 on: June 29, 2015, 01:46:16 am »

One night of a person retweeting a bunch of muslim-centred stuff has now convinced me that Islam is a problem. So well done I guess, by doing nothing but showing up people's genuine opinions, they did more than any amount of BNP/UKIP/[whoever] fearmongering ever could.

Most of it was anti-gay stuff (as in, the supportive of violence kind), but there was a good mix of anti-white, anti-black and anti-intellectual stuff thrown in there. And these were statements by British muslims, with hundreds of other people who thought that it aligned with their own beliefs well enough to share with the world.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94746 on: June 29, 2015, 03:40:47 am »

Since there's no rage thread.

I am sick to death of my warhammer group and their hypercompetitive bullcrap.
I don't know if I've just played too much with people who are more towards the fluff end, but for some reason I just get incredibly irritated whenever I play with these people. They pull the cheesiest, cashiest forgeworld crap out of their asses for these fights, and I don't even want to turn up with my list because I can't compete.

It's gotten to 'kneejerk reaction' point. Every time housemate starts talking about anything on table, I either tune it out or start getting pissed. What happened to the days when people decided on an army because they resonated with them, not because it was the newest, shiniest or shootiest?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #94747 on: June 29, 2015, 04:29:22 am »

Since there's no rage thread, I'll post this here. Living out in the country as I do, critters are occasionally a problem, especially in summer. This time though, it's ants, which I have tentatively identified as Little Black Ants. I'm currently attempting to remove any food source I can manage, then place some bait and follow them back to their nest. When I find the routes they take I will block them off, then remove the nest with extreme prejudice, but until then I have to deal with the little bastards running around everywhere and shitting up the place. I'm sure the local spider population has never been happier, but having an assload of spiders around isn't too much better than the ants as far as I'm concerned.
Apply chemical warfare?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94748 on: June 29, 2015, 05:53:20 am »

One night of a person retweeting a bunch of muslim-centred stuff has now convinced me that Islam is a problem. So well done I guess, by doing nothing but showing up people's genuine opinions, they did more than any amount of BNP/UKIP/[whoever] fearmongering ever could.

Most of it was anti-gay stuff (as in, the supportive of violence kind), but there was a good mix of anti-white, anti-black and anti-intellectual stuff thrown in there. And these were statements by British muslims, with hundreds of other people who thought that it aligned with their own beliefs well enough to share with the world.

By that criteria, most organized religion is a "problem", whatever that means. Not saying those opinions aren't toxic, just that you shouldn't throw the baby out with the rancid bathwater.

EDIT: Also, this is the sort of topic that starts big arguments, so let's keep calm here. Don't want to be responsible for a thread lock.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94749 on: June 29, 2015, 06:26:07 am »

They're still more PC than the Westboro Baptist Church.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94750 on: June 29, 2015, 06:48:31 am »

By that criteria, most organized religion is a "problem"

It sure is
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94751 on: June 29, 2015, 07:57:56 am »

Disorganized religion would be much better.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #94752 on: June 29, 2015, 08:03:12 am »

I think disorganiced religion is much worse. If you think about it, the more decentralized a religion is, the more likely is that some local branch will start a holy war independently of the rest.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94753 on: June 29, 2015, 08:08:17 am »

Aaaaand that's why Catholicism > Protestantism,  folks. I'm kidding. Mostly, at least.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94754 on: June 29, 2015, 08:27:05 am »

I'm gonna be late for an appointment because first the lot where I usually park was closed and I couldn't find anyone who could give me change for the parking meter because none of the businesses in the vicinity are apparently open today.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 6315 6316 [6317] 6318 6319 ... 8167