Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6269 6270 [6271] 6272 6273 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473115 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #94050 on: June 11, 2015, 09:01:07 pm »

I can't join Grindr because they are ageist fuckers.
Literal fuckers.

I think it's more that they're worried about not runn8ng afoul of ageist laws.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #94051 on: June 11, 2015, 09:16:21 pm »

« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 11:18:38 am by penguinofhonor »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #94052 on: June 11, 2015, 09:41:46 pm »

Wait, what? You can join Tinder if you're under 18, but not Grindr? That's some ageist, homophobic, and probably sexist BS.
I bet it was made by white male shitlords.

Yeah, problem is there is literally no open gay male within 75km radius of me who has Tinder.
You might have better luck if you're within 75km of a major city.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #94053 on: June 11, 2015, 09:48:32 pm »

Wait, what? You can join Tinder if you're under 18, but not Grindr? That's some ageist, homophobic, and probably sexist BS.
I bet it was made by white male shitlords.
White male hetero shitlords.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #94054 on: June 11, 2015, 11:11:46 pm »

In light of this conversation, I can't help but feel that perhaps I made a poor choice when I told Google+ that my first name was Pooplord.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #94055 on: June 11, 2015, 11:42:33 pm »

In light of this conversation, I can't help but feel that perhaps I made a poor choice when I told Google+ that my first name was Pooplord.
No one uses Google+. You're fine.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94056 on: June 11, 2015, 11:53:51 pm »

Almost joined a multiplayer game of Skullgirls tonight. Almost. Then I noped out as soon as I saw the quick match search thing actually found an opponent.

Buh. Cannot believe my social anxiety has gotten this bad. Can't even play with a random stranger over the internet. It's not like I can't play on a big TF2 server or something, but when it's 1v1 it feels way more intimate and it just triggers my "nope" response.
Aw. :(
I don't play 1v1 games all that often, but I think my usual fear in that situation is that I'm not good enough at the game to provide a decent opponent for the other player, that they'll end up wasting however long a game takes just beating me with no challenge at all.
The thing to remember is people don't mind that. Everyone starts somewhere, so just turn off chat if interacting with them is making you that nervous.
Good luck!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #94057 on: June 12, 2015, 12:07:38 am »

No one uses Google+. You're fine.
I'm either going to tank a background check or send somebody into fits of laughter, I can't tell which.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94058 on: June 12, 2015, 03:26:04 am »

I can't join Grindr because they are ageist fuckers.
Literal fuckers.
I think it's more that they're worried about not runn8ng afoul of ageist laws.
And as with a huge number of things that come out of the US, the only laws that they think could matter anywhere are US ones.
Therefore 18 or gtfo.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 03:33:54 am by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94059 on: June 12, 2015, 03:32:49 am »

I thought Tinder generally required you to pretend you're 18 too. The minimum age goes down to 18, doesn't it?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #94060 on: June 12, 2015, 06:32:59 am »

That feeling when you realize unless you devote your life to art, you will never create art that is good enough to fill the void where your sense of worth is.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94061 on: June 12, 2015, 07:10:49 am »

That feeling when you realize devoting your life to something is required for you to feel your life has worth.

Translated.
I think that's pretty fair on. But not a bad thing.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #94062 on: June 12, 2015, 07:29:05 am »

Sounds about right, really. The lack of a meaningful self-appointed goal in my life often gets me down, since i can't figure out what goal(s) i am to set for myself. Living without knowing your general direction in life can be surprisingly miserable at times. :I
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #94063 on: June 12, 2015, 10:21:34 am »

Almost joined a multiplayer game of Skullgirls tonight. Almost. Then I noped out as soon as I saw the quick match search thing actually found an opponent.

Buh. Cannot believe my social anxiety has gotten this bad. Can't even play with a random stranger over the internet. It's not like I can't play on a big TF2 server or something, but when it's 1v1 it feels way more intimate and it just triggers my "nope" response.
Aw. :(
I don't play 1v1 games all that often, but I think my usual fear in that situation is that I'm not good enough at the game to provide a decent opponent for the other player, that they'll end up wasting however long a game takes just beating me with no challenge at all.
The thing to remember is people don't mind that. Everyone starts somewhere, so just turn off chat if interacting with them is making you that nervous.
Good luck!

Personally I prefer AI opponents anyway. There's a certain minimum amount of politeness and committment to see the game through necessary whenever you play a game with a human player, and that's an imposition that I'd rather do without (I'm dead serious)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 10:24:15 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94064 on: June 12, 2015, 10:27:12 am »

I get that.  I need to be able to pause or rage-quit at any point...  But it doesn't feel right to do that to actual people.  (Initially my work demanded this, but now it I'm just more comfortable with it).  One reason I like CK2 so much, it feels particularly easy to pause and resume for some reason.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 6269 6270 [6271] 6272 6273 ... 8167