Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6219 6220 [6221] 6222 6223 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9493225 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #93300 on: May 19, 2015, 10:28:43 pm »

Quote from: Caroline
Should I live a lie or just throw everything away?

Knowing the potential consequences of throwing everything away[Namely, having your everything either scattered everywhere or completely lost], don't. Living, even if it contradicts your true identity, is neat. Besides, knowing those that surround you most closely, they are more likely to leave your everything lying on the ground[Possibly after stepping on it] then they are to catch your everything and give it back, like nice people would.

Sorry that I keep posting sads and not much talking/comforting other sads.
I'll try to not do that as much anymore.
I don't really have much to say on the current sad though, sorry.

The sad thread accepts all sads as equal, whether they be important sads or minor sads. No sad is too small or too self-absorbed[<-Within reason, of course.].

Sad: My mother just got taken to the hospital by relatives because she's been having chest and back pains... I hope she's alright... I pray she's alright

Aging is sad. For what its worth, my prayers are with you too[And also with Caroline.].
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #93301 on: May 19, 2015, 10:55:28 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

spoilering this, b/c it's pretty insignificant compared to GC's problems. It'll turn out better homeslice, these things normally do. Or, perhaps it won't and this'll be something that'll haunt you/make you sad/piss you off for the rest of your life. Either way, you can't do much about it, so it's best to just roll with the punches and keep a good view on things.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #93302 on: May 19, 2015, 11:31:33 pm »

Should I live a lie or just throw everything away?
Other options include being honest and sticking knives in anyone who objects; or moving to a friendlier neighbourhood where you can be honest without having to stick knives in people.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93303 on: May 19, 2015, 11:51:59 pm »

I spent way too much money yesterday, mostly on stupid shit I didn't need at the time.
Oh and an expensive movie ticket which I still have to pay my friend for, which will leave me with about $2 in my main bank account.
And this is on "cheap Tuesday", apparently. Seeing a movie in my old city would have cost that much on any day.
And seeing one at the budget cinemas (which were perfectly fine) would set you back about $6.

Edit: Just broke the screen on this piece of shit laptop.
I guess now I'll have to migrate to the one my course provided me with. I kinda liked this laptop even with all its problems. :(
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 12:09:48 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #93304 on: May 20, 2015, 12:35:48 am »

spoilering this, b/c it's pretty insignificant compared to GC's problems. It'll turn out better homeslice, these things normally do. Or, perhaps it won't and this'll be something that'll haunt you/make you sad/piss you off for the rest of your life. Either way, you can't do much about it, so it's best to just roll with the punches and keep a good view on things.
Psychopathy (ie the state of being a sociopath/psychopath) is not being able to empathize with others. That and not feeling guilt or remorse. There's other "symptoms" such as being nervous or easily agitated and have a tendency for violent behavior, but I'd say the primary characteristics is the lack of ability to empathize with others and not feeling remorse for one's actions.

You're probably not a sociopath, considering you seem to be showing remorse for not being good at comforting others and not feeling much about the death of your grandmother. And you're offering emotional support for others who are sad.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93305 on: May 20, 2015, 12:43:41 am »

Sorry that I keep posting sads and not much talking/comforting other sads.
I'll try to not do that as much anymore.
I don't really have much to say on the current sad though, sorry.
I keep wondering, because you mentioned it previously: Aren't you like 14 years old? Why would you need/want/be able to take a job with the navy?
(Or am I just forgetting that time has passed between you stating your age and now? I still remember the first post of yours that I read, our Prince of Doom having girl trouble~ I guess it's been a while...)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93306 on: May 20, 2015, 12:55:04 am »

I remember him being early high school age, yea.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #93307 on: May 20, 2015, 01:02:01 am »

NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93308 on: May 20, 2015, 01:23:29 am »

I was sure that was going to be the Simpsons.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #93309 on: May 20, 2015, 01:23:54 am »

Why would you need/want/be able to take a job with the navy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw
I knew what that was gonna be before clicking it. I just somehow knew.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #93310 on: May 20, 2015, 04:13:57 am »

Psychopathy (ie the state of being a sociopath/psychopath) is not being able to empathize with others. That and not feeling guilt or remorse. There's other "symptoms" such as being nervous or easily agitated and have a tendency for violent behavior, but I'd say the primary characteristics is the lack of ability to empathize with others and not feeling remorse for one's actions.

You're probably not a sociopath, considering you seem to be showing remorse for not being good at comforting others and not feeling much about the death of your grandmother. And you're offering emotional support for others who are sad.
Rule of thumb: people who worry they are sociopaths most likely aren't.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #93311 on: May 20, 2015, 04:31:11 am »

Why would you need/want/be able to take a job with the navy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw
I knew what that was gonna be before clicking it. I just somehow knew.
And it is glorious.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #93312 on: May 20, 2015, 04:38:47 am »

Rule of thumb: people who worry they are sociopaths most likely aren't.
Socratic Sociopathy?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #93313 on: May 20, 2015, 07:11:04 am »

I'm 16 and a half... I only mention the half because I'm literaly the youngest kid in my grade and younger than a few underclass men too. Hawaiian public school starts a year earlier than here does so yay for being way too young for this.... I'm technicaly a senior now since I've passed all my finals and the last few days of school will only consist of BSing around and looking at navy stuff on the interwebs and probably talking to my sister to see if she can explain to me what boot camp exercises consisted of and what I need to be ready for.

Update for recent sad: my mom is back and she only had some bad acid reflux, much better than the things we thought could be happening :) .... Still sad that she's not feeling very well though :/
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93314 on: May 20, 2015, 08:34:29 am »

Wealth disparity and poverty becoming more and more prevalent?
Thanks Cameron
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 6219 6220 [6221] 6222 6223 ... 8167