Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6155 6156 [6157] 6158 6159 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9464544 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #92340 on: April 24, 2015, 08:15:24 am »

Oh. Whoops.
See, this is why I don't usually try to cheer people up. :P
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #92341 on: April 24, 2015, 10:02:12 am »

Bleh.

So we decided to get some distance, or actually, she decided she needed some distance to figure this out and how it would work (it was working fine if you'd asked me tbh, but what the hell do I know). While I can understand that and all, and will give her all the space she needs to make her mind up I still don't like it. Mostly because now I feel utterly abandoned for no apparent reason.

For the first time in ever I reached out and left atleast some of my shell and it felt good, it was new and exciting and scary but I felt that it would end up okay, I felt needed and I felt wanted, it made me think that I actually am worth something. Then it just stopped, no real warning, no apparent reason I feel like I'm left out in the cold alone right now and I don't know how long I can endure it.

In the end, whatever she decides, whenever she decides I don't think I'll let my guard down anytime soon again.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92342 on: April 24, 2015, 10:19:17 am »

Found my iPod. Everything is gone.

He didn't even wait more than a week to hit the reset button. Three years, all gone in a matter of one week. The guy gave away my cover, too. Because he didn't like it.
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #92343 on: April 24, 2015, 10:20:50 am »

He didn't even wait more than a week to hit the reset button. Three years, all gone in a matter of one week. The guy gave away my cover, too. Because he didn't like it.
*hugs*
I honestly wish I could do more, tech. I really do.
Can you reclaim it via iCloud or something similar, at least?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92344 on: April 24, 2015, 12:13:49 pm »

Single again.

might not post for a while
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

HeroPizza42

• Bay Watcher
  • My ☼mandrake army☼ is almost ready
    • View Profile
    • Pinterest
« Reply #92345 on: April 24, 2015, 01:20:38 pm »

Bleh.

So we decided to get some distance, or actually, she decided she needed some distance to figure this out and how it would work (it was working fine if you'd asked me tbh, but what the hell do I know). While I can understand that and all, and will give her all the space she needs to make her mind up I still don't like it. Mostly because now I feel utterly abandoned for no apparent reason.

For the first time in ever I reached out and left atleast some of my shell and it felt good, it was new and exciting and scary but I felt that it would end up okay, I felt needed and I felt wanted, it made me think that I actually am worth something. Then it just stopped, no real warning, no apparent reason I feel like I'm left out in the cold alone right now and I don't know how long I can endure it.

In the end, whatever she decides, whenever she decides I don't think I'll let my guard down anytime soon again.

I know them feels im sorry your going through this.....
My Pinterest

Sorry for my grammar and spelling, I have Dyslexia amongst other problems.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #92346 on: April 24, 2015, 03:53:51 pm »

*hugs*
I honestly wish I could do more, tech. I really do.
Can you reclaim it via iCloud or something similar, at least?
Yeah, don't they have data reclamation programs for devices? I once saw a news article that mentioned that if you're selling your phone, you should load it up with random nonpersonal stuff before you wipe it so that it'd be hard to find your personal information via data recovery.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #92347 on: April 24, 2015, 04:06:35 pm »

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/15/magazine/how-one-stupid-tweet-ruined-justine-saccos-life.html?_r=1

Yeknow, suddenly this whole thing seems worse.
You're not wrong.

We love judgment. We love seeing justice brought against the wicked. It's precisely the same motivation that gives bigots their vigor, and sees politicians touting the necessity of being tough on crime.

It's a shame we're too blind to know what justice is, or who's wicked.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #92348 on: April 24, 2015, 04:12:44 pm »

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/15/magazine/how-one-stupid-tweet-ruined-justine-saccos-life.html?_r=1

Yeknow, suddenly this whole thing seems worse.
Can someone summarise this? I lost interest after no-one attempted to hijack or blow up the plane.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #92349 on: April 24, 2015, 05:54:31 pm »

Things that made me think today:

http://gawker.com/justine-sacco-is-good-at-her-job-and-how-i-came-to-pea-1653022326

This article. Gives you something to consider about social media and it's consequences and attitudes.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #92350 on: April 24, 2015, 05:59:22 pm »

« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 09:41:47 pm by penguinofhonor »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #92351 on: April 24, 2015, 06:05:41 pm »

Alienware graphics amplifier is not working for me which makes me sad because I invested time and effort in this rig, and it's turning out to be a bit of a fiasco. Ought to have done for an ultrathin PC with a bigger processor, and stick to Dwarf Fortress and other non-3D intensive games... which make up the core of my gaming anyway. And I'd be able to lug it around more easily.

Dwarf Fortress, Darkest Dungeon, Dominions 3, Tales of Maj'eyal, OpenXcom. These have been my most frequent time sinks in the last six months. I dont need a buff graphics card (or even a moderatedly decent one) to run those. They'd go fine with an intel integrated one.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #92352 on: April 24, 2015, 06:14:50 pm »

Her iPod was stolen by some kid at school.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92353 on: April 24, 2015, 06:56:40 pm »

So how'd you end up finding it/getting it back?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #92354 on: April 25, 2015, 12:38:20 am »

*reads up posts above*
*flops*

I just wish people would understand that there's a root in all our problems stemming from attitude, and how that construct is formed. :-\
Pages: 1 ... 6155 6156 [6157] 6158 6159 ... 8167