Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6154 6155 [6156] 6157 6158 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9464683 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #92325 on: April 23, 2015, 10:12:54 pm »

Delicious first world problems :P
Lack of money and having a bad day are first world problems now? ::)
I have six eyes :::)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #92326 on: April 23, 2015, 10:16:33 pm »

First world problems? Pah.
I just watched my family get eaten by bear.
Government does nothing, denies bear's existence
#secondworldproblems

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92327 on: April 23, 2015, 10:23:12 pm »

Gah, how does one get rid of a muscle spasm? I thought taking anti-inflammatories for weeks would do the trick, but I stop taking them for 2 days and it comes back with a vengeance.
Have you used a hotpack, or taken a hot bath?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #92328 on: April 23, 2015, 10:39:15 pm »

Also, fuck Rust v Sullivan. It's a horrifying miscarriage of justice, and I curse the day Rehnquist was, in what I can only assume to be a tragic accident that allowed a man who thinks his DM is mean for not allowing him to play Pun-Pun to assume a role intended for our nation's finest legal minds, allowed near any sort of writing utensil. The man understands neither the law, nor accounting, nor medicine. He is atrociously unqualified to utter an opinion on this case, but sadly, it's only by reading that opinion that I've come to know this.

I'm somewhat annoyed, you might realize.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #92329 on: April 23, 2015, 10:42:43 pm »

Gah, how does one get rid of a muscle spasm? I thought taking anti-inflammatories for weeks would do the trick, but I stop taking them for 2 days and it comes back with a vengeance.
Have you used a hotpack, or taken a hot bath?
Does hot shower count?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #92330 on: April 23, 2015, 10:46:53 pm »

Cannot stop thinking about how huge of a mistake I made by dropping out withdrawing from college.

I am an idiot. And a failure. What am I doing.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #92331 on: April 23, 2015, 10:51:14 pm »

Cannot stop thinking about how huge of a mistake I made by dropping out withdrawing from college.

Hi, me.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #92332 on: April 23, 2015, 10:52:20 pm »

It hasn't been a week yet, though? Maybe you can still finish the semester?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #92333 on: April 23, 2015, 11:04:00 pm »

It hasn't been a week yet, though? Maybe you can still finish the semester?
Filled out the paperwork and everything. As far as I know it's done and can't be undone. The thought of going back is just as bad as not going back, anyway.

Argh, my emotions are stupid. My life is stupid. There is no purpose to this, I can't find a purpose. *throws up hands*
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #92334 on: April 24, 2015, 12:11:08 am »

Leaving college is not permanent. You can return later, if you decide it's worth thousands upon thousands of dollars of debt. Hell, if you can get in there a couple of years after the inevitable student debt bubble collapse, you may well be able to dodge a financial bullet. Don't worry so much about doing things the Right Way. There isn't one.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #92335 on: April 24, 2015, 02:09:31 am »

I sometimes wish I had the communications power of my psych professors :/ They are so insightful, especially in regards to current issues (some mentioned here x_x).

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #92336 on: April 24, 2015, 03:03:24 am »

Why not ask them for tips? If they are better than even you, they almost certainly have some they'd be willing to share.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92337 on: April 24, 2015, 06:30:50 am »

Why not ask them for tips? If they are better than even you, they almost certainly have some they'd be willing to share.
'Better than you' in social comparisons, at times, are usually results from the ego. How someone sees other people, some judge just by how they see them, and that's how [Freudian?] Ego works. A basic comparison of what is sensed.

If someone tells you they're better than you, and then you feel bad, and then you begin doubting yourself, and then you feel worse from all that doubt; try to question how 'better' they are than you, because people who really are better than you, pull you up to their level so you will both become equal. And then you'll be happy, because you have a friend.

Both paragraphs are quotes from professors in my course taken purely out of context (so it feels different to the reader :v and the tone/humor{?} is lost).
Oh dear goodness that reminds me of the MANY stories from counseling my professor has...And her many stories of inspiration, perspective, insight, application of theoretical knowledge into reality...Yeaaaaah ._.
Tons o'stories.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 06:37:23 am by Tiruin »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #92338 on: April 24, 2015, 06:47:59 am »

If it's any consolation, I had to read those quotes a couple of times to figure out what was being said.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92339 on: April 24, 2015, 07:00:34 am »

If it's any consolation, I had to read those quotes a couple of times to figure out what was being said.
That's actually me and my wording. Ahh. x_x
Pages: 1 ... 6154 6155 [6156] 6157 6158 ... 8167