Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6057 6058 [6059] 6060 6061 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9431884 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #90870 on: March 30, 2015, 08:00:30 pm »

Xantalos used Dream Eater!

It's super-effective!

Critical Hit!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90871 on: March 30, 2015, 08:04:18 pm »

I barely slept, so I didn't dream. Work until 4am and then up again at 9am to give my housemate a lift.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #90872 on: March 30, 2015, 08:31:42 pm »

Last night I dreamed about being executed by my father. I have a lot of nightmares about that sort of thing, but oddly also lots of dreams about cleaning.
That sounds fucking terrifying.
The being executed by your dad dreams, or the cleaning dreams?
Clearly the cleaning dreams.

I could totally see that. Cleaning makes me extremely nervous and uneasy (for real).
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90873 on: March 30, 2015, 08:36:33 pm »

I dreamed about how my dad looked like during the open-casket. I can barely remember his face now, so it was just a blur in the dream. It was just me in the room, though. I was wearing the dress I wore to his funeral. I was crying, and woke up doing so.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:39:07 pm by technicallyAdventurer »
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90874 on: March 30, 2015, 09:09:31 pm »

Now my internet's just pissing me off. No matte what I do it REFUSES to go fast enough to load a 720p video.

Make sure nothing else is downloading, reset the router, unplug the router for a minute then plug it back in, unplug and replug the ethernet cable...

Nothing. The pissing thing is running at 300kb/s instead of the usual 500-600kb/s

EDIT: 'Hey, internet seems to be going faster again!' 'Lolnope, trolled!'

Maybe it's your ISP
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90875 on: March 30, 2015, 09:14:52 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:01:22 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #90876 on: March 30, 2015, 09:16:25 pm »

Usually the cleaning dreams entail cleaning a public facility after a bout of violent illness in which enormous amounts of fluid are expelled from my body. Basically, think about cleaning up a public restroom without any supplies post-Ebola.
I guess you could say that your dreams were pretty... shitty
8)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90877 on: March 30, 2015, 09:37:35 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:01:17 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #90878 on: March 30, 2015, 09:39:35 pm »

Usually the cleaning dreams entail cleaning a public facility after a bout of violent illness in which enormous amounts of fluid are expelled from my body. Basically, think about cleaning up a public restroom without any supplies post-Ebola.

As far as I can tell, it's a metaphor for how I feel about having PTSD and the impact it's had on my relationships with others and my life in general.
Yeah that sounds about right for a nightmare. Brain's being an asshole, wish it'd stop.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90879 on: March 30, 2015, 10:18:04 pm »

Whenever I have nightmares, I don't remember them. I just wake up in a state of panic. They stopped after I started taking Prazosin, though.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #90880 on: March 30, 2015, 10:21:30 pm »

Well I wonder how fast this relationship is going to tumble out of control.
One year of peace and not a single argument.
One week in and we are now arguing daily

I'm going to regret ever single word I say
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 10:23:52 pm by Cryxis, Prince of Doom »
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90881 on: March 30, 2015, 10:27:16 pm »

As far as I can tell, it's a metaphor for how I feel about having PTSD and the impact it's had on my relationships with others and my life in general.

If I may ask, PTSD from what?
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90882 on: March 30, 2015, 10:31:08 pm »

If I may ask, PTSD from what?
I do remember that they've explained this before, but I can't quite remember what the answer was. I'm going to guess from their family history that it has something to do with that. Also I remember something about an abusive boyfriend?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90883 on: March 30, 2015, 10:37:25 pm »

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:31:43 pm by Vector »

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90884 on: March 30, 2015, 10:41:29 pm »

I do remember that they've explained this before, but I can't quite remember what the answer was. I'm going to guess from their family history that it has something to do with that. Also I remember something about an abusive boyfriend?
I love you.
I'm hip with the gender stuff, remember? :)
Pages: 1 ... 6057 6058 [6059] 6060 6061 ... 8167