Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6024 6025 [6026] 6027 6028 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439419 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #90375 on: March 22, 2015, 01:36:07 am »

@Gamerlord
Heavy handed morality tales are a sadly common thing, it's true. Perhaps it's unrealistic to say Scar deserved the manner of his death in the Lion King. Anyway, sorry to hear you've lost something you once enjoyed.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #90376 on: March 22, 2015, 03:43:00 am »

Well, my dad decided to talk to me today, for the first time since my suicide attempt.

It was disappointing.
Quote from: Kal's dad
It's not right for a young man like you to be laying in bed all day! Come with me, I'll buy you a video game.
And then he bought me Sunless Sea. Which is nice and all, but...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #90377 on: March 22, 2015, 03:56:41 am »

He's kinda trying at least. You might have to broach the topic of how you're feeling if you want to talk about it with him.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #90378 on: March 22, 2015, 03:58:44 am »

He's kinda trying at least. You might have to broach the topic of how you're feeling if you want to talk about it with him.
Yep, Kal :D

Your dad said something completely helpful there.
It's not right for a young man like you to be laying in bed all day! Come with me, I'll buy you a video game.

If you wish to talk about that-what-bothers-you, then it must be done directly. Overriding any fear, anyway: ask those you trust.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #90379 on: March 22, 2015, 07:04:45 am »

There is a really good deal on a Steam bundle right now, but I'm pretty much broke.
Why, Steam. Why do you do this when I have no money.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #90380 on: March 22, 2015, 07:14:01 am »

but... I like sunless sea :(
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #90381 on: March 22, 2015, 07:29:30 am »

Yeah, so do I. (Except for the whole "Go off the map and die" thing that ended my first two runs. My third one is doing so much better!)
Also, I really like playing it with the Wind Waker sailing music in the background!

I just always feel so alone...

And are you trying to see a psychologist?
Yeah, I'm visiting a third, but she is really busy a lot, so I can't see her again for another month.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90382 on: March 22, 2015, 07:32:42 am »

I'm tired and I have a headache. Also I need a job.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #90383 on: March 22, 2015, 09:09:04 am »

Well, my dad decided to talk to me today, for the first time since my suicide attempt.

It was disappointing.
He's trying. More than can be said for some people.

And I'm curious, are you suffering from depression? Because if so he's actually right. Getting up and doing things, whilst it doesn't fix it, helps.

On a related note, I've found that videogames are also something that helps with depression. If you're thinking about how to save Tamriel or the Mushroom Kingdom you're not thinking about what's wrong with the real world.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90384 on: March 22, 2015, 10:39:29 am »

Yeah, so do I. (Except for the whole "Go off the map and die" thing)
But you don't die when you go off the map.
(It uses up a lot of supplies, crew or hull points though.)
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #90385 on: March 22, 2015, 12:28:27 pm »

I prefer the Sunless sea original theme because it's calm and introspective. My favorite feature of sunless sea is calm exploration and avoiding combat... I wish it was easier to build up a base so that I could undertake longer trips without being always tiptoeing the red line of profitability.

I've heard it's easier to make cash later on. I think that ideally it should be the other way around: early on there should be easy to make a living (eg: the formerly existing but not anymore afaik trade of tomb colonists from London and nearby places to Venderbight, but long, far away trips should incur more potential risk and more potential profit. Kind of like trade ventures in Patrician III
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 12:30:30 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #90386 on: March 22, 2015, 02:13:38 pm »

Been working while sick for 4 days now, including a 12 hour day on Friday and 6-7 hours on Saturday.  My normal schedule is Mon-Fri.  And to top it off, after all my weekend work yesterday, I had to take my wife to the hospital around 1 am lastnight (she's fine), so I didn't get to sleep until about 7 am.  Then I wake up a little before 1 pm to work calling me and kids begging for food.

I can has real life pls?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #90387 on: March 22, 2015, 03:32:09 pm »

I switched from a Nexus 7 (2013) to a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7inch. Whereas the specs are slightly worse, it has a sd slot which is sine-qua-non for me. I need to have a lot of data avaiable in my tablet. The cloud doesn't cut it; I don't want to buy a 3G tablet and pay an additional data plan, nor do I think there are plans avaiable that would be enough for me to upload to the cloud everything I do.

Switching was a pain in the ass, precisedly because of the lack of said sd slot in the nexus 7. It took 5 hours of continuous wifi local ftp file transfer.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #90388 on: March 22, 2015, 03:58:00 pm »

NO QUOTING THIS ESPECIALLY
Some of you may remember when I got hit in the head with a nail gun.

I'm thankfully, "lucky" in that it didn't require surgery and wasn't way worse. It could have easily been. I'd still say "unlucky" in the fact that it hit my head at all. Thankfully the scar is smaller than you'd think and covered by hair.

Things are way better than they were, but but yeah... but I still have headaches from it and when I wake up or its cold or humidity changes or other things and lots of other things.... I can feel the injury site with some pain. It is a major distraction and it sucks. That and other things.... It's great.... I got another cat scan and they're not entirely sure what's causing it. "Physiologically it hasn't deteriorated." Well I guess that's good, but I didn't hear the word, "improved." So, they're not sure what's causing these headaches and the issue with headaches is that they often don't have a physical cause that shows up on things like tests.

Ultimately, I don't really care about that. My head hurts and I want it to stop.

Not great. I'm also not happy in general, about a lot of things and am sick of being treated like shit by several people. I'm unsure exactly what in the hell to do and if I even give a shit anymore. It's just a giant crap shoot and I can't stand people more and more. I have to be careful I don't upset anybody and explain myself.... I notice nobody seems to put these conditions on their own behavior. Fuck it. I'm tired of being tired and if I get one more piece of hate mail or other hate ... correspondence ... I guess, I just don't even know.

NO QUOTING THIS ESPECIALLY
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 04:27:38 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90389 on: March 22, 2015, 04:02:40 pm »

Wait what

A nailgun?
Pages: 1 ... 6024 6025 [6026] 6027 6028 ... 8167