Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5984 5985 [5986] 5987 5988 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435352 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #89775 on: March 09, 2015, 03:48:20 pm »

He's an orange wizard. He'll resurrect you specifically so that he can kill you again.

Sounds like fun...

Get your ass to the doctor, or you'll be having more ‼fun‼
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #89776 on: March 09, 2015, 04:08:58 pm »

Urk. Sick today.

On top of that, my perfectionist dad is pissed I forgot a couple pieces of geometry homework.

Today sucks.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89777 on: March 09, 2015, 05:17:50 pm »

Where's the 'things that embarassed you today' thread? 'Cause I just slipped over on an escalator. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #89778 on: March 09, 2015, 05:23:33 pm »

My significant other spent most of the day at the hospital, and I didn't know. :(
She tested negative for C.diff, which is good. But they don't know what's wrong, which is not good.
And she's spending the second night in a row at her old house, which I'm :-/ about.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #89779 on: March 09, 2015, 06:19:35 pm »

The bull is dead. Fell into a ditch and water built up around him. Piked his eye out trying to get out. A cow had a calf. It, despite having a tubw forced down its throat every day, is gasping its last. I really wonder why anybody  bothers.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #89780 on: March 09, 2015, 07:46:17 pm »

This already was the third week in a row where I'm not sure how I'll even have time to get anything done, much less gather the motivation to even get started. I just want everything to stop.

Today, I was told I'd have to make more time in my week for even more exercise. So even less time. Because apparently I need even more exercise, and lack of exercise is totally the reason for every single bad mood I've had, and me playing computer is totally the reason for every time I've been angry.
*sigh*
Yeah, at this point it really seems like my dad is just obsessed with exercise and manliness, and he wants his perfect son to be totally like him.
Spoiler: Is your dad Elfman? (click to show/hide)
also, *hugs*

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #89781 on: March 09, 2015, 09:01:29 pm »

A video was leaked late last night of some members of a frat at my university chanting racist slurs and generally being unpardonable asshats. It made national news.

It's disheartening and appalling. My state pretty much never makes the news for anything good in the first place, and now my college is going to be "that school where those frat guys chanted a song about lynching" for the next few years. The president closed down the house with a quickness, and the ringleaders are probably going to be suspended or even expelled. But...ah, dammit.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #89782 on: March 09, 2015, 09:03:23 pm »

but mah freedom of speech

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #89783 on: March 09, 2015, 09:46:50 pm »

That is deeply unfortunate. I'm sorry the behavior of a couple of unreasonable jackasses has rubbed off on the nearest institution, and I'm sorry you have to get tarred with a brush meant to bring attention upon people who're actually bigoted.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89784 on: March 09, 2015, 09:50:24 pm »

That is deeply unfortunate. I'm sorry the behavior of a couple of unreasonable jackasses has rubbed off on the nearest institution, and I'm sorry you have to get tarred with a brush meant to bring attention upon people who're actually bigoted.

They aren't necessarily even bigoted. How many times did you hear an incredibly racist joke as shock humor? How many TV shows do you watch where the joke is incredibly racism (big bang theory)?

Not that I support this behavior, but I find the punishment not to match the crime.

To admit... I guess it depends where and how they were doing it. I probably don't have the full story.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #89785 on: March 09, 2015, 09:50:42 pm »

I know the feeling. It will probably (hopefully) be short lived, but due to a student body government motion that didn't even pass, my uni is now apparently "The UC that hates America" and the center of a media shitstorm, the absolute last thing anyone needs during finals season.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89786 on: March 09, 2015, 10:15:20 pm »

Another "sure thing" job fell through, this time explicitly because of corporate cutting the already critically low hours.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #89787 on: March 09, 2015, 10:16:34 pm »

What tremendous wafflecocks.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #89788 on: March 09, 2015, 10:17:55 pm »

i'd like to chime in and say that if you think you hate drunk people, it's probably because the people you know who drink are shitty people when inebriated. I've got a friend who thinks he hates drunk people, mostly because the only drunk people he's met are the ones who are exclusively annoying dicks when they're drunk.

#notalldrunks

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #89789 on: March 09, 2015, 10:29:35 pm »

i'd like to chime in and say that if you think you hate drunk people, it's probably because the people you know who drink are shitty people when inebriated. I've got a friend who thinks he hates drunk people, mostly because the only drunk people he's met are the ones who are exclusively annoying dicks when they're drunk.

#notalldrunks
This is basically the implied point of everyone here, only that some people or others have a lacking indicator in their posts that this is what is meant x3
It'd be silly to note if one just generalizes 'drunk' people as raving entities of D: and D:<
That's to say, the 'drunk' people who are do malevolent acts--either using the idea of being drunk as a scapegoat, or doing malevolent acts by accident whilst drunk, are the ones usually being talked about. Though this is split into how aware one is, of how drunkenness and drunk people...are.
Pages: 1 ... 5984 5985 [5986] 5987 5988 ... 8167