Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5956 5957 [5958] 5959 5960 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9434322 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #89355 on: March 01, 2015, 09:46:08 pm »

In fact I remember a handfull of people leaving or asking to be banned because they didn't want to see all the "Anime" avatars.

Speaking of which, I'm noticing the art on your avatar rotation is all awesome.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #89356 on: March 01, 2015, 09:48:59 pm »

All from Hetza/hellshock on pixiv. He seems to share tastes with me pretty closely so I can pretty much just take any picture he makes and use it as an avatar comfortably.

Also his art tagged on gelbooru is how I discovered nechronicha was a thing. Still hoping that gets a full translation one day.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89357 on: March 01, 2015, 10:05:38 pm »

All my griping boils down to "It's different, now it sucks", and you should pay it no mind.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89358 on: March 01, 2015, 10:25:29 pm »

Don't worry, all my griping boils down to "It's different, now it sucks", and you should pay it no mind. I'm basically an old man in a public park, shouting "Get off my lawn!"

Even I know I'm the asshole when I kvetch about how things are different from the old days. So, I guess what I'm saying is, sorry for bein' a dick. >___________>
Tell me about the old days grandpa!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89359 on: March 01, 2015, 10:30:05 pm »

Mom called me after two hours instead of one hour like she estimated.  Not blaming her, it was just rough waiting.
Went well.  Caught up with her, shared some good news from my life, shared a severely abbreviated version of the major thing that went wrong recently.  She promised to rent a hotel if she visits, which I feel shitty for, but we both know it'll ruin my work performance if she stays here.

I'd wonder at where she got the patience, but I know.  It isn't a happy answer.

Wasn't drunk enough to finally tell her that she's the last person who doesn't know I like men, if I even "like-like" anyone at all.  At least my phone's on now, maybe I'll tell her later while sober.  Except I'm practically sober now, so odds are low.

Well, I do feel good for re-establishing contact anyway.  Maybe some of these bottles will still be full in the morning.
Edit: Yeah that's looking unlikely.  Ugh, I miss my cat (featured in avatar).  Tempted to drive the three hours home and not tell anybody, just to visit the unmarked grave off a state park trail.  It's close to the two-year anniversary... I didn't stay in town long after she died, come to think of it.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 11:25:32 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #89360 on: March 01, 2015, 10:30:46 pm »

Don't worry, all my griping boils down to "It's different, now it sucks", and you should pay it no mind. I'm basically an old man in a public park, shouting "Get off my lawn!"

Even I know I'm the asshole when I kvetch about how things are different from the old days. So, I guess what I'm saying is, sorry for bein' a dick. >___________>

Once, we had a politics thread presided over by a liquor baron.

Those were good times. He wasn't a liquor baron then, mind you. Back then, he was the king of an entire nation! Now, the history books might omit this fact, and sure, maybe it was a fictional nation. But it had respect, dammit!

EDIT: Now that I read the post above this, maybe this one's in bad taste. Good luck, Rolan7.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89361 on: March 01, 2015, 10:52:40 pm »

Once, we had a politics thread presided over by a liquor baron.
With a looser definition of "liquor baron overlord" , I think we still have politics threads.

In light of Rolan's sad, we should probably take this to a nostalgia thread or something so he can get actual support and advice.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #89362 on: March 02, 2015, 12:03:00 am »

Tired. Have a test tomorrow I should study for. Tired. Can't sleep, need to study. Can't study well, need sleep.

This test may not go well and it's making me feel bad.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #89363 on: March 02, 2015, 01:39:53 am »

My girlfriend just hates telling me why she's upset

You know it's been a while since I've cried this much
That and she doesn't really ever seem to care if I'm ok
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 01:41:34 am by Cryxis, Prince of Doom »
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #89364 on: March 02, 2015, 05:24:20 am »

hmm, that doesn't sound good, I can't really give advice or relate since I've never dated.
Though I do hope things get better for you.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89365 on: March 02, 2015, 10:29:20 am »

Ya nevermind it's all good
We worked it out

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #89366 on: March 02, 2015, 11:14:32 am »

On a scale from one to lonely, I feel lonely. Hopelessly "I will never have friends" lonely. And tired. And probably didn't ace that test. Hopefully didn't fail, but I'm sure I didn't get an A.

I want to sleep all day. Don't want to go to any more classes, don't want to go out and be around people, don't want to think, don't want to have to worry about anything. Just sleep. Can't though, have another class.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #89367 on: March 02, 2015, 12:04:41 pm »

Feels like something's stuck in the back of my throat. It's unpleasant to say the least.
Also recounted twice that time I found my grandmother pretty much dead on the kitchen floor when I was 5. Started tearing up partway through it.
Probably shouldn't have tried to do that, that's how it always ends when I think about my grandmother.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89368 on: March 02, 2015, 12:08:06 pm »

*hugs Sphess_ and Blitzdungeoner

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #89369 on: March 02, 2015, 12:10:59 pm »

On a scale from one to lonely, I feel lonely. Hopelessly "I will never have friends" lonely. And tired. And probably didn't ace that test. Hopefully didn't fail, but I'm sure I didn't get an A.

I want to sleep all day. Don't want to go to any more classes, don't want to go out and be around people, don't want to think, don't want to have to worry about anything. Just sleep. Can't though, have another class.
Have a hug.
* BlitzDungeoneer hugs Spehss_.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 5956 5957 [5958] 5959 5960 ... 8167