Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5898 5899 [5900] 5901 5902 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9436152 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #88485 on: February 16, 2015, 02:21:01 pm »

I just realized that I seem to be the only one who is moderately enthusiastic about gaming with other people after getting ignored by a Steam friend.

I guess I'm too shit at games to be worth inviting along.
bitch I am up late at night, message me and i'll play the hell out of some TF2 with you
I can play with you guys too~
I can play as well!
I don't play TF2, but I can try to play with you guys some...
*Mastahcheese throws up a link to his steam account*
Usually I just play Knights and Merchants, but I can try to do some multiplayer stuff more often.

Sads: There is about 2 feet of snow, so I can't get my car out, but I still need to get milk, so I'll have to walk about 5 blocks in the snow to the nearest food place later today.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #88486 on: February 16, 2015, 02:49:53 pm »

Mine is HugoLuman, and I'm usually good to play, especially late when I'm done with homework.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #88487 on: February 16, 2015, 02:52:05 pm »

Whole day wasted. I could've used this time constructive. Instead: this. [sigh]
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 09:06:22 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #88488 on: February 16, 2015, 03:07:50 pm »

tired/frustrated

I guess this is the point that most college students accidentally flunk a class, but the only thing I hate more than the bullshit drudgery of online ethics class is the idea that I might fail the class and tank my GPA

fuck it i'm gonna shit out this essay whether it kills me

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88489 on: February 16, 2015, 03:12:26 pm »

I especially don't wanna hear it when "it" is them calling the most educated, productive, charitable generation in American history "lazy, worthless, and entitled."
Say what you like, I and all of my friends are lazy, worthless and entitled.

's 'cos of that thing where labor's becoming exponentially obsolete. The thing, yanno?

In lazy and entitled sad news, I played Oblivion for a bit and just started Skyrim again.
Argh. UI so clunky. Why are you so desperate for me to use a controller. Try to remember you were a PC series once.
First world problems get me down.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 03:18:25 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88490 on: February 16, 2015, 03:14:09 pm »

Truean: My offer still stands. You hire me, I sit in your office reading on my phone. Your client says something stupid, and you give me a signal. When you give me that signal, I punch them, and you get back to business talking to someone unconscious and actually get shit done.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #88491 on: February 16, 2015, 03:17:42 pm »

My housing situation just got a whole lot more uncertain. Great.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #88492 on: February 16, 2015, 03:27:52 pm »

(quote removed by request)

I especially don't wanna hear it when "it" is them calling the most educated, productive, charitable generation in American history "lazy, worthless, and entitled."
Say what you like, I and all of my friends are lazy, worthless and entitled.

's 'cos of that thing where labor's becoming exponentially obsolete. The thing, yanno?

These both sound about right.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 11:23:06 pm by Toady One »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88493 on: February 16, 2015, 03:29:30 pm »

Don't quote Truean.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88494 on: February 16, 2015, 04:06:05 pm »

Yeah guys, please don't quote me. We've had this talk.

Max. Part of me would love to, but there's another larger part of me afraid of jail. :)

I used, to have a ton of things that I wanted to do. We'll call the goals. I didn't look at time as constantly running out, but now I do. The goals I had were pretty big ones too. I just cconstantly kept focused on what the next step was and how to best get it done. I did things in a reasonable time, but I was foused on doing it and doing it right. Now, people want to know how long it will take to do something before its done.... I guess the only honest answer is "it depends" on how many things go fucking wrong along the way that I have to fix. Yes, shit goes wrong ... all the time, especially in law and medicine. Why do you think the doctor says "nurse suction" in surgery? It's cause something got cut and therr's too much blood to see what he's doing and maybe he caused that blood. Fuck it, don't complain about the fact that a mistake happened that caused bleeding, fix it.... How long will fixing that take? I dunno, but I will tell you one thing, the longer we sit here yapping about it, the longer we go without fixing it..... Not good.

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88495 on: February 16, 2015, 04:39:08 pm »

My fat cat had steadily slowed his eating for the last week or so. Now he seems to have stopped all together, and it doesn't matter what we give him (he seems really hungry, but just can't eat). He's losing energy and weight, and seems more depressed than normal, but the problem doesn't seem obvious. We can't afford to take him to the vet, but he's sort of getting on in age anyways. I'm afraid he's just dying, and there is little I can do to ease his apparent suffering.
Update: Took him to the vet anyways. Seems he had some sort of infection of the gums on the right side of his mouth. Some teeth were pulled, and he has to take some antibiotics for a few days. Was slightly cheaper than anticipated. Overall turned out ok.

new sad: Just as we are getting a dusting of snow, internet starts fucking up.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88496 on: February 16, 2015, 05:25:27 pm »

Sads: There is about 2 feet of snow, so I can't get my car out, but I still need to get milk, so I'll have to walk about 5 blocks in the snow to the nearest food place later today.
I'm back now. The snow was actually deeper than I thought, but I'm ok.

*Offers hugs to Truean*
I know how you feel.  :-\ I've already started to just ignore my grandfather-in-law whenever he goes on about how things were back when he "worked for the city" doing this, and that, and all that shit. And how he could take care of his whole damn family, and afford a house, and I'm struggling to pay rent with working at Hardee's, along with people who didn't even finish high school, and are looking for work before their next visit to prison.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88497 on: February 16, 2015, 05:48:22 pm »

Ironic metaphor notwithstanding, 'tis pretty gross though actually seeing how much blood and saliva our friendly doctors and dentists need to constantly be pulling out for them to adequately work.
Humans bleed a lot.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 05:50:09 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #88498 on: February 16, 2015, 06:01:39 pm »

Ever seen a marrow aspirate ? >:)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88499 on: February 16, 2015, 08:08:44 pm »

See? This guy freaking gets it. :)

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 5898 5899 [5900] 5901 5902 ... 8167