Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5856 5857 [5858] 5859 5860 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9451168 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #87855 on: February 04, 2015, 01:34:06 pm »

Well, looks like I won't be online for at least the next week or 2, as my mum decided to take my iPad.
Wish me luck.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #87856 on: February 04, 2015, 01:45:01 pm »

Why has sinusitis messed up your teeth?
Because it means I have been breathing through my mouth a lot, drying it out, and the saliva helps fight the causes of decay. It's especially a problem at night where it can be dry for extended periods. Even with medication to stop my sinuses from being inflamed all the time it's hard to break the habit when I'm asleep.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87857 on: February 04, 2015, 02:54:41 pm »

Well, looks like I won't be online for at least the next week or 2, as my mum decided to take my iPad.
Wish me luck.
Library/any other place with free internet?
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #87858 on: February 04, 2015, 02:55:13 pm »

Nope.
Well, technically there is, but it's not free. There's some fee of €1 per 15 minutes of internet.
This doesn't sound like much except I earn €10 a week. To be on for any decent amount of time would drain my money dry very fast.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 03:00:51 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #87859 on: February 04, 2015, 03:07:08 pm »

Because it means I have been breathing through my mouth a lot, drying it out, and the saliva helps fight the causes of decay. It's especially a problem at night where it can be dry for extended periods. Even with medication to stop my sinuses from being inflamed all the time it's hard to break the habit when I'm asleep.
Mouth-breather fistbump. I've been like that pretty much my whole life, especially after my stepfather forcefully rearranged my sinuses when I was like 6.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #87860 on: February 04, 2015, 03:10:01 pm »

Mouth-breather fistbump. I've been like that pretty much my whole life, especially after my stepfather forcefully rearranged my sinuses when I was like 6.
Wait, what?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #87861 on: February 04, 2015, 03:27:13 pm »

Wait, what?
Child abuse joke. I had the bejeezus beaten out of me on the daily from about age 4 to age 6, when the police finally got involved.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87862 on: February 04, 2015, 03:34:10 pm »

Ninja'd...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #87863 on: February 04, 2015, 03:34:58 pm »

The number of abusive parents of Bay12ers is ridiculous, even allowing for confirmation bias.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87864 on: February 04, 2015, 03:40:00 pm »

The number of abusive parents of Bay12ers is ridiculous, even allowing for confirmation bias.

I think child abuse is pretty common in general.  Most people just don't talk about it much.   :-[
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #87865 on: February 04, 2015, 03:42:07 pm »

What Levi said.

Plus, maybe that explains why we gravitate towards a game where we can play god and create sick, twisted and awesome scenarios like the dwarven childrearing mechanism that Girlinhat came up with of forcing them to fight wild dogs for food. Cause, you know, makes some of us nostalgic.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #87866 on: February 04, 2015, 03:46:27 pm »

Heh. Mine demonstrated to me that it's tricky to pin someone's hand to the table with a knife, a la movie cliche. Blade tips tend to deflect off bone.
Not that that was his intent, but it was a good lesson nonetheless.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87867 on: February 04, 2015, 04:47:18 pm »

* Sirus hugs his parents for not being deranged psychopaths
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87868 on: February 04, 2015, 04:51:36 pm »

My parents were pretty OK to me as a kid. Everyone else, on the other hand...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #87869 on: February 04, 2015, 04:54:01 pm »

I think child abuse is pretty common in general.  Most people just don't talk about it much.   :-[

There needs to be a major crackdown. And they need to have some kind of outreach in schools to make it easier for children to inform on their parents.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 04:56:38 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 5856 5857 [5858] 5859 5860 ... 8167