Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5690 5691 [5692] 5693 5694 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9404569 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #85365 on: December 09, 2014, 10:36:51 am »

AKA, write like Charles Dickens.

Modify: But, dear reader, what truly IS an essay? Is it any combination of letters compiled, to discuss a subject? Or is it only one if it follows the standard structure of an essay. Indeed, the term essay comes from the Latin Essaus, which means, "to blather on to pad out your word-count and increase financial gain", so in truth, does an essay even require a point?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 10:38:41 am by timferius »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #85366 on: December 09, 2014, 10:37:48 am »

I can (and probably will) do some BSing to pad and get away with it, but that level would get me in trouble.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85367 on: December 09, 2014, 10:43:33 am »

The subject under observation by scientists in a controlled environment showed that the subject, when under observation by scientists in a controlled environment- displayed aggressive tendencies and refused to mate. The scientists which were observing the subject in a controlled environment, hypothesized that the subject, currently under observation by scientists in a controlled environment, would not breed under captivity- which is to say, when being observed by scientists in a controlled environment.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85368 on: December 09, 2014, 10:46:04 am »

It's poetry analysis.

Alright, that's all the time I can spare to peek at the forums for now.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #85369 on: December 09, 2014, 11:43:10 am »

Biochemistry. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaate. So hard. Also required. So hard.

E: Actually, what is probably happening is that I'm having the down phase of lolrandom cyclothymia, seeing as I've been oddly hyper yesterday. Fuck you too, brain.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 12:45:35 pm by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #85370 on: December 09, 2014, 04:56:55 pm »

Cannot stop thinking about how I'm probably going to fail the precal final tomorrow. And I'll probably fail the course. And I'll probably have to take the course again and lose more time and money. And I'm a failure. And everything in my life is just not working out and I'm still not happy. And I just don't want to bother anymore.

This sucks. Way to spiral into utter hopelessness from one stupid test, brain.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85371 on: December 09, 2014, 06:13:04 pm »

I'm pretty worried about my French class at this point. I've missed it far too many times, whether due to illness, a bike accident, or just sleeping through it due to staying up too late, and this morning I had to miss it again because I sorely needed the time for another class's project (which I really should have not let happen). Additionally, I've got the same prof for French next quarter, (if I don't fail the class and become ineligible for the next segment, that is).

I also want to apologize to her, but I don't want it to seem like I'm grovelling for credit.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #85372 on: December 09, 2014, 06:26:35 pm »

If that's the case, you should send the email now, before the exam, make no mention of grades, and avoid bringing up reasons for your absences, but do mention that you regret the information and experience you were forced to miss out on. Make it a genuine apology, basically, rather than something that reads like an excuse.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85373 on: December 09, 2014, 06:34:17 pm »

This morning, knowing I'd be missing class, I emailed her that I was using the time to finish my final project for another class. I'd intended it to show I was acknowledging my mismanagement of time but I think it came across as an excuse, and possibly a rude one. It's in this context that I want to apologize, not just for today but for all the times I've missed class this quarter.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85374 on: December 09, 2014, 06:50:20 pm »

Looking back at what I've done programming-wise, nothing is even started because I'm too thick to understand any of the programming languages I've ever picked up (except VBasic, which is essentially worthless, from what I've been told.)

*sigh* Maybe I'll pick up Python one of these days.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #85375 on: December 09, 2014, 06:58:16 pm »

Programming is one of those things that some people get and some people don't. Don't stress yourself if you can't get your head around it - it's hardly an essential life skill.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85376 on: December 09, 2014, 07:00:51 pm »

Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85377 on: December 09, 2014, 07:25:17 pm »

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #85379 on: December 09, 2014, 07:48:00 pm »

This.
This actually made me cry a little.

It's a wonder this shit still happens in such an advanced world

Had an 'aqauntence' who killed themselves a couple years ago for being bullied (didn't know she was being bullied, only had once class with her and it was filled with her friends so she always seemed happy)
That was the same year my school went through (3-4?) suicides and one kid getting murdered prior to the start of the school year and another killing themselves just before school started......... Ya that year sucked

Kid who got murdered was my sisters friend

He tried to stop his mom and her boyfriend from fighting and the boyfriend hit him in the chest hard enough for him to stop breathing and die

Was a very very tragic year
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.
Pages: 1 ... 5690 5691 [5692] 5693 5694 ... 8166