Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5654 5655 [5656] 5657 5658 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9416532 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #84825 on: November 24, 2014, 09:31:48 am »

I'm really bad at handling stress :S
For me it depends on the kind.

I'm terrible with the 'Five things need doing NOW!' stress.
When I'm stressed I just completely ignore what is causing the stress.

Needless to say, this isn't a viable long term solution.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #84826 on: November 24, 2014, 09:36:25 am »

Oh. Yeah, not normally. Consider a task list? I find that breaking things down makes them look a lot less intimidating. "I have seven assignments due on Monday I'm gonna die!" I normally find is best beaten by listing the assignments, prioritising them, and then working out appropriate times to do them.

Your milage may vary, as I constantly say when offereing anyone advice.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #84827 on: November 24, 2014, 09:44:41 am »

See, adrenaline gives me time. I can consistently work from six in the morning until ten at night - but only if I have a whole stack of work that's due very urgently.

I'm weird though.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #84828 on: November 24, 2014, 09:45:37 am »

I can do that and still not accomplish anything.

I just have no idea how to even remotely be productive.

I have literally no idea how I'm ever going to finish college.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84829 on: November 24, 2014, 10:01:47 am »

Why am I in college?

I don't really want to be here. I feel burnt out. More so than usual. Though I don't know what I would rather be doing.

I'm only really here to get my family off my back. I haven't been trying at all this semester, and my marks reflect that.

My project partners are pissed at me for the above, and I have no idea why they think it's their business.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84830 on: November 24, 2014, 10:05:31 am »

Urrrgh. It seems like there's no way to get anywhere in the modern world without either mooching off people or filling out assloads of pointless, unnecessary paperwork purely for the sake of... what? I'm not even sure anymore. Why the hell did foetus-me have to be dumb enough to go getting born. Ugh. ::)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #84831 on: November 24, 2014, 10:08:54 am »

I feel inexplicably terrible. People keep saying that I'll be able to move out soon and I won't have to deal with this shit anymore, but it's becoming increasingly obvious that isn't true. The years are supposed to start going by faster, but instead a day feels like fucking forever and I hate every second of it. This is never going to end. Even if I move out, I am inevitably going to continue to be judged and controlled by my mother, my father will continue to live vicariously through me, and my brother will continue to condescend and torment me while everyone else sits back and watches, laughing. Everyone who I meet will continue to ignore me, take advantage of me, use me as a scapegoat, and I will continue having no friends or anyone to talk to because I am too afraid of other people to be close to anyone. I will never stop suffering.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84832 on: November 24, 2014, 10:14:32 am »

I feel inexplicably terrible. People keep saying that I'll be able to move out soon and I won't have to deal with this shit anymore, but it's becoming increasingly obvious that isn't true. The years are supposed to start going by faster, but instead a day feels like fucking forever and I hate every second of it. This is never going to end. Even if I move out, I am inevitably going to continue to be judged and controlled by my mother, my father will continue to live vicariously through me, and my brother will continue to condescend and torment me while everyone else sits back and watches, laughing. Everyone who I meet will continue to ignore me, take advantage of me, use me as a scapegoat, and I will continue having no friends or anyone to talk to because I am too afraid of other people to be close to anyone. I will never stop suffering.
I feel you.
Actually becoming independent seems to be pretty much impossible, at least where I live. There's always someone screwing you over, making you jump through hoops and fill out forms and divulge your personal information for their amusement. There are always people with their claws in you, so that you can't move or change your situation or do anything to improve your life without paying them off first.

I hope you manage to improve your situation to the point that it isn't so hard to cope with. :(
At the very least you will be someday able to move out, and choose just who you have to put up with causing problems for you.
No reason you're stuck living with your family for the rest of your life, you are an independent person. Well, kinda.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #84833 on: November 24, 2014, 10:57:59 am »

I feel you.
Actually becoming independent seems to be pretty much impossible, at least where I live. There's always someone screwing you over, making you jump through hoops and fill out forms and divulge your personal information for their amusement. There are always people with their claws in you, so that you can't move or change your situation or do anything to improve your life without paying them off first.

I hope you manage to improve your situation to the point that it isn't so hard to cope with. :(
At the very least you will be someday able to move out, and choose just who you have to put up with causing problems for you.
No reason you're stuck living with your family for the rest of your life, you are an independent person. Well, kinda.
Not really. Obviously I'm too young to move out today, and I am going to move out the second that I turn 18, what I'm trying to say is that it won't solve anything.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #84834 on: November 24, 2014, 11:19:19 am »

Not really. Obviously I'm too young to move out today, and I am going to move out the second that I turn 18, what I'm trying to say is that it won't solve anything.
You may think that now, but you won't know for sure until you go out and try it. And what's the alternative? Live with your crazy-ass family the rest of your life?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #84835 on: November 24, 2014, 11:30:04 am »

Why would you stay in contact with your family once you move out?

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #84836 on: November 24, 2014, 11:38:36 am »

Why would you stay in contact with your family once you move out?
Well Dutchling, I thought I had made it clear that I would make an honest attempt to isolate myself from them and preferably never see any of the people I currently know ever again, but I know that will just end in them guilting me into coming back, like what my parents have been doing to my half-brother ever since he moved out.

EDIT: Also, I will inevitably meet new people wherever I might go, and they're going to do the exact same shit to me as the people here, which is what I was trying to say in my first post up there.

EDITEDIT: Yeah, I'm basically saying that it seems like everyone has it out for me, and use me as more of a punching bag who needs to be tormented and hated more than an actual person. I feel like a stereotypical angsty teenager saying that, which is what B12 is going to think when they read this, since quite a few of them listen to me as badly and make as many assumptions about me as everyone else I know, even if they do respect me.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 11:47:58 am by IronTomato »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #84837 on: November 24, 2014, 11:46:03 am »

It's been 5 days, and I'm still sick. I can't eat anything without having to make a dash for the bathroom within 4 minutes, and now I'm sure I've begun to loose weight. Can't skip class either, already missed too much.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84838 on: November 24, 2014, 03:12:50 pm »

It's been 5 days, and I'm still sick. I can't eat anything without having to make a dash for the bathroom within 4 minutes, and now I'm sure I've begun to loose weight. Can't skip class either, already missed too much.
Go to the doctor. Probably have the stomach flu.

Had that a while ago.

Needed to get an IV and spend the night at the hospital.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84839 on: November 24, 2014, 03:16:24 pm »

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 09:43:33 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 5654 5655 [5656] 5657 5658 ... 8167