Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5581 5582 [5583] 5584 5585 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9461140 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #83730 on: October 29, 2014, 09:25:13 am »

O_o
How's about just telling the store keeper that the milk is rotten...and that's it? Informing them and all?
I said I was in school, in the cafeteria. I purchased a little thingie of milk to drink, and rotten it was.

I tried telling them about this, they just kinda went "oh that sucks" and did nothing.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #83731 on: October 29, 2014, 09:27:44 am »

I'm fairly certain they should be obligated to do something about that...
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83732 on: October 29, 2014, 09:30:38 am »

They... did nothing? I... what? I was joking about the "you're rotten" part, I undertand these things happen, but now... shooting them in the face with rotten milk is sounding apealing... Did you suggest they get you another? Sometimes these things need prompting. I've never seen someone go "Oh, I sold you spoild product? tough luck!"... I have had milk replaced before, and it was more "Hey, I just went to drink this milk and look!" "oh shoot, we're sorry, you can grab another" "ok, thanks!"

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #83733 on: October 29, 2014, 09:33:21 am »

My parents have decided they will forcibly change my sleep schedule, and so now I get yelled at before I go to sleep, and then because I have trouble sleeping normally and getting yelled at doesn't help, I get woken up by my parents screaming at me. :(

Oh, and apparently it's my girlfriends fault I can't sleep. And that I stay in my room so much. Yep, that makes sense. Totally not insomnia or introversion, or getting yelled at all the time. It's my girlfriends fault.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 09:34:59 am by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #83734 on: October 29, 2014, 09:38:52 am »

This...
Here, they offer another product of the same or similar kind of higher value in return when that happens :X

My parents have decided they will forcibly change my sleep schedule, and so now I get yelled at before I go to sleep, and then because I have trouble sleeping normally and getting yelled at doesn't help, I get woken up by my parents screaming at me. :(

Oh, and apparently it's my girlfriends fault I can't sleep. And that I stay in my room so much. Yep, that makes sense. Totally not insomnia or introversion, or getting yelled at all the time. It's my girlfriends fault.
Isn't there any place, any one or any person who can aid you and your family directly? :'( This..isn't right.
I'm unsure how things work in Canada but I believe there are pretty much Canadians around here who would be able to give direction. :-\
Also yelling in that way doesn't fix anything in that context. It verges on emotional abuse--one of the most common ways maltreatment of children/youth are. :-\ [though I assume yelling like 'YOU GET UP//SLEEP NOW.' or other ideas which aren't imperative sentences but more like exclamatory ones in a bad fashion]

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #83735 on: October 29, 2014, 10:08:54 am »

This...
Here, they offer another product of the same or similar kind of higher value in return when that happens :X
Yeah, but judging by various similar incidents, such as that one where asexual awareness posters were being vandalized and taken down without permission and nothing was done about it, and the students and teachers responsible were not punished, I don't think my school cares about what they're supposed to do.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #83736 on: October 29, 2014, 10:15:09 am »

One of the cafeteria grunts didn't, you mean. Ask one and get turned aside? Go to another and say this is outrageous. You'll get somewhere fairly fast, and the original one might even get chastened later.

As for the posters, whether or not they had school permission to be there is a different matter entirely. Someone once put newspaper photocopies showing how well the school had done, and they were taken down because they had no permission to put them up.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #83737 on: October 29, 2014, 12:19:45 pm »

I got 12.5 out of 26 on a pre-cal test. That's ~48%.

Seppuku seems really appealing right about now.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #83738 on: October 29, 2014, 12:26:01 pm »

I feel like I'm going in the feedback loop of being negative -> being unlikeable -> being negative. That, or the majority of people I interact on a day-to-day basis are horrible people, but since that's the hypothesis I'd rather believe than blaming myself, it's also the one I instinctively reject.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #83739 on: October 29, 2014, 12:53:44 pm »

Friend gave me a cherry tomato to try. I figure "I hate tomatoes, but whatever, how bad can it be".

The taste can best be described as sour vinegar with very faint undertones of regular, non-horrific tomato. I spat it out almost immediately, and the aftertaste in my mouth was enough to make me gag (it had gone from "disgusting" to "something is seriously wrong here" levels of bad). It is probably the most unpleasant thing I've eaten since I tried durian candy (durians taste like cantaloupe but smell like dog crap, and it perfumes in your mouth).
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #83740 on: October 29, 2014, 01:01:30 pm »

Sorry.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #83741 on: October 29, 2014, 01:02:38 pm »

Sorry.

You're iron though, you're like a decorative tomato. I have no beef with decorative tomatoes, just real edible ones :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #83742 on: October 29, 2014, 01:05:53 pm »

Strange, I love cherry tomatoes (I'll eat them like grapes, just get a big plate of them and go to it). Assuming they haven't gone bad they are actually very sweet compared to regular tomatoes, just with a faint tomato taste to them.

Maybe your tongue and nose just have some sort of unique interaction with one of the flavoring chemicals that makes them so sweet.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83743 on: October 29, 2014, 01:22:46 pm »

tir, i'd like to hear how you justify taking the violation of trust between the buyer and seller within the context of grocery goods in stride

in the middle ages you had bakers executed at a mere hint of dishonesty, sure we aren't in the middle ages now but you don't just take a return and walk away they'll think they can get away with it
I have a tendency to catch mis pricings, Vons gives free stuff if they mess up.

((Edit due to broken autocorrect.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 02:45:54 pm by Kevak »

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83744 on: October 29, 2014, 01:41:47 pm »

There are several varieties of small tomato that can be quite different, but everyone calls all of them cherry tomatoes.
Pages: 1 ... 5581 5582 [5583] 5584 5585 ... 8167