Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5399 5400 [5401] 5402 5403 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9423767 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #81000 on: September 08, 2014, 01:11:51 pm »

We don't have a drought here in the land of the biggest freshwater reserves in the world! Handland FTW.

I dunno if I'd call the Great Lakes "fresh".
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/5378456/bill_murray_snl_classic_commercial/

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #81001 on: September 08, 2014, 01:36:33 pm »

We don't have a drought here in the land of the biggest freshwater reserves in the world! Handland FTW.

I dunno if I'd call the Great Lakes "fresh".
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/5378456/bill_murray_snl_classic_commercial/

Fresh and potable are different things.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #81002 on: September 08, 2014, 04:19:59 pm »

Droughts? Come to New Zealand. We have aquifers.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Defacto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81003 on: September 08, 2014, 04:29:37 pm »

Here in Sweden we had a forest fire, and then flooding at pretty much the same time.
It was pretty crazy, atleast by Swedish measurements.

Really though, highway overpasses turned into river bridges and people travelled around in boats. Pretty crazy. I guess it will now be 50 years before the next exciting thing happens over here...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #81004 on: September 08, 2014, 07:41:40 pm »

To explain:

Someone else has already summed it up pretty well. "Being 'straight' isn't a choice, embracing my evolutionary nature that leads me to a partner of the opposite sex is." Biology is biology. For any race, society, or species - aside from the few which reproduce asexually - to continue, there has to be reproduction between opposing sexes. That being said, thousands of species show homosexual tendencies, just like the Greeks and a ton of other ancient societies did; however, they still continued male / female relations which is why we're all currently here.. Maybe you can 'choose' to have relations with someone of the same sex, but 'choose' isn't even close to the right word that should be utilized. Your upbringing, surroundings, and the environment you live in all influence who or what you find attractive and what you want to engage in sexual relations with. At the end of the day, if you aren't fucking the opposite sex, your family lineage is bound to die out. Get a sperm donor or have in vitro fertilization, but it isn't biologically normal to do so. Don't get me wrong, who doesn't like some lesbian action from time to time? And if you want to be gay, then so be it. But don't bring a child up in that situation; don't predispose them to a greater risk of going against the biological norm.

Which makes me realize that I'm thinking of exactly what the conservatives are afraid of. I want more people to be gay.

"A greater risk of going against the biological norm"

Does this fuckbucket REALIZE that we're in risk of overpopulation? Jesus Christ what an asshole. I TOO WISH THAT THERE WAS A LARGER POPULATION OF PEOPLE THAT WERE HELLA GAY, FOR PRACTICAL REASONS AND SO THAT OBJECTIVE CAN GET SOME
Very well worded ._.

Also overpopulation. It's already a thing in many places *looks at own city :I*
I dislike overpopulation. A lot.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #81005 on: September 08, 2014, 07:50:18 pm »

I always wonder why people get so mad about same sex relationships...
I mean, it's not like it matters to them if two other people decide they like each other. I don't actually understand humans that well, you are all so weird...

And if someone tells me same sex attraction is a choice, I ask them if liking chocolate is a choice. It's not like you wake up one day and go "I decide I like chocolate from now on!"

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #81006 on: September 08, 2014, 07:51:43 pm »

Welp, I'm exhausted, and it's not even 8 PM. Being sick is not good for Bauglir's productivity, although in fairness it's still higher than 6 months past, even though I was healthy then. So motivation seems to be holding out, yet. Hopefully, I can do better tomorrow.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #81007 on: September 08, 2014, 09:18:37 pm »

Summer: cool warmish
Winter: cool coolish/coldish
Autumn and spring: cool but rainier
Fall: PARKA
Winter: PARKA
Spring: PARKA
Summer: Down filled jacket.
 :P :P
JK, JK, I live further south than THAT. Still in Canada, though, eh?
So it's more like:
Summer/Fall: Indistinguishable, too damn hot at 30 C
Winter/Spring: Indistinguishable, sometimes falls below -40 C, still wear a light jacket when it does.
And this is the honest truth. People scold me for not bundling up, but I don't the way my neighbors do. I suffer from overheating easily.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #81008 on: September 08, 2014, 09:36:49 pm »

Spring/Summer/Autumn/Winter: Trousers, light shirt, dress* jacket.

*Dress here means "semi-fancy"
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #81009 on: September 08, 2014, 09:43:14 pm »

Spring: -5 to 15 Celsius, and rainy.
Summer: 20 to 35 Celsius, thunderstorms sometimes. And apparently -5 and snow now!
Autumn: -15 to 10 Celsius, Windy.
Winter: -20 to -40 Celsius, Snowy and Windy. Always at least a meter of snow...

And going by the calendar,
Winter, (Spring Summer Autumn), Winter, Winter. So Parkas so you don't die.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 10:07:03 pm by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #81010 on: September 08, 2014, 09:47:40 pm »

I'm jelly, I bloody hate warm weather, bring on the sub zero temperatures, give them to me, all of them.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #81011 on: September 08, 2014, 10:01:29 pm »

Aquifers can eventually be sucked dry. As California knows.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #81012 on: September 08, 2014, 10:11:38 pm »

The three girls in the dorm across the hall are being oddly friendly. Abnormally friendly. They regularly say hi to us (me or my roommates) whenever we happen to cross paths.

Earlier they knocked on our door and invited us to hang out in their room. Or at least, they loudly offered the invitation through the closed door of our dorm. Because the door remained closed despite their knocking. My roommates were at the gym and it was just me.

So, I get an offer to socialize and make new friends with what appears to be nice girls. My first reaction is to panic and play dead and act like no one's home, because oh god i'd have to socialize with strangers and they're girls and oh god oh man nope nope nopenopenope--

GG, me. GG WP no re.

Feel bad about it now because snubbing is rude but it's been a long tirin' ass Monday and I don't get payed enough to meet new people and do college shiz all in one day. I'd imagine if I had opened the door and clearly explained this to them and turned down their offer everything would've been fine, buuuuuuuut I've missed that chance.

Don't know which is worse, having almost everyone ignore you and not speak to you or have a select few people whom you don't know show abnormal interest in talking with you and incidentally emphasizing how totally socially awkward you are.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #81013 on: September 08, 2014, 10:39:41 pm »

Aquifers can eventually be sucked dry. As California knows.
Don't worry. These ones refill, fresh from the ocean!

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81014 on: September 08, 2014, 11:21:23 pm »

Realized that I'm still making an ass of myself everywhere I go.  Can't even articulate basic concepts to people ro offer some simple assistance without seeming like a jerk.  I'm sorry to the persons I've offended, I'll try to stay out of the way.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.
Pages: 1 ... 5399 5400 [5401] 5402 5403 ... 8167