Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5392 5393 [5394] 5395 5396 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9422785 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #80895 on: September 06, 2014, 06:54:13 pm »

I think. I broke my headphones. Which would make this like. The fourth pair in three months that I have broken. Clearly just buying the cheapest doesn't work. But fucking hell.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80896 on: September 06, 2014, 07:05:48 pm »

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 11:21:07 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #80897 on: September 06, 2014, 07:40:20 pm »

An unusual announcement in church this morning. There's a decent chance of of the members is going to be excommunicated. This is the first time anything like this has happened in the time I've been there. We weren't told what they did or are doing, but it must be pretty bad.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #80898 on: September 06, 2014, 07:57:14 pm »

I've never known anyone to kiss the cheek.

Then again, Northern Ireland isn't a huggy-kissy place anyway.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Belfast%20Kiss

Urban Dictionary confirms. Which is exactly what I expected.

That's Belfast though. And even it isn't all that bad, just rough around the edges. Well, jagged around the edges, I suppose.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80899 on: September 06, 2014, 09:38:25 pm »

I'm on Vyvanse for my ADD.

Seems to work for me.

Sometimes I don't even notice whether I'm on them or not until I sit down to concentrate, in which case it becomes obvious *VERY QUICKLY* if I forgot to take them.

Otherwise I'm mostly myself~
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80900 on: September 06, 2014, 10:25:42 pm »

Hugging as a greeting is kinda common here, I guess... feels terribly awkward to me, though.
A handshake/high-five/fistbump is way easier to deal with.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #80901 on: September 06, 2014, 10:41:11 pm »

One of my "friends" kissed me on the cheek yesterday. I'm not actually okay with them doing that, and I think they might just be trying to take advantage of my girlfriend being gone...
We had gone on a few dates together last year, but nothing serious. I don't actually like them at all, and I think I might lose them as a friend because of it.
I'd advise not jumping to assumptions  :-X Especially ones that may be influenced by the separation you're facing at the moment [ie Taking advantage...]
Also...if there's nothing ulterior or malevolent inside the act or idea, and you're pretty sure about who the person is, its best not to jump to conclusions [ie Losing a friend D:]

On that note, reminds me of my own experiences. Never got hugged or kissed by anyone in particular (by friends .-.), only in the rare jolly friend as a hug.
And I really wanted a hug. :-[

Also its pretty normal here for people to greet other friends in a hug, usually very close friends or those they feel are...erm, allies(?). Need a closer term...
 Males = 'Greet by name + hand gesture as greeting + probable embrace and tap on back//firm handshake. Also smile.'
Females = 'Greet by name + hand gesture as greeting + probable embrace and/or kiss on either/both cheeks. Also smile.'
It varies a lot per person to either match the ongoing culture (We're picking up western ideologies :v Woohoo...) or use that of our local culture (which is awesome in mixing, and not weird at all for anyone else) in greeting their friends.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 10:43:13 pm by Tiruin »

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #80902 on: September 06, 2014, 11:14:20 pm »

But the thing is, it wasn't in greeting. That's the problem. If it was, I would be, not okay, but much less feeling bad. Barzul! I can't even English when I'm feeling bad.
She kept trying to cuddle with me, and then she kissed me on the cheek when she was going to the bathroom. Not a greeting at all.

And also, I'm having an attack of something right now. Anxiety isn't the right word... Maybe minor depression? Probably.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 11:32:23 pm by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80903 on: September 06, 2014, 11:17:04 pm »

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 11:20:16 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #80904 on: September 06, 2014, 11:33:45 pm »

Let's not tell the dude who was kissed against his will that he just doesn't get the girl's intention.

Like, fuck, guys. Please? No fingers pointed, I'm not even paying any attention to who's saying what, but I trust Captain can't-spell-his-name to gauge when he's feeling uncomfortable due to someone else's unwanted advances.

It's okay, they only know what I've told them. Also, I'm not a guy...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #80905 on: September 06, 2014, 11:36:35 pm »

Er, Vector, Kal is a she.

PPE: Yep. :-X Sorry

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80906 on: September 06, 2014, 11:37:47 pm »

Well, pretty much my worst fear at the moment has been realized.

It aches. But for all of it, for all this old, familiar pain, I feel a tiny shred of satisfaction. I know my place now. My place is to be alone.

I don't need anyone. I am necessary to others. They need me. But I don't need them. I'm a borderline sociopath at this point, and I'm thinking about joining the military. I don't want to kill people. I want to command men. I want control. What should I do? I feel such a cold, calculated desire to become something new that scares me more than a little. I don't want to just give up on this.

I don't know. I'm confused. I'm scared. I feel a lot of... Cold, cold rage. So cold. There's no passion to it. Just an empty, chill anger. I wish I could summon the passion to do something about my feelings. I hate my life.

Oh, by the way, I'm probably more than a little inebriated. Perhaps near-lethally so. I cannot elaborate, as that may constitute a violation of the TOS agreement of the Forum, but let me assure you, I have imbibed chemical intoxicants in sufficient quantities.

Descan, can I haz hug?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80907 on: September 06, 2014, 11:40:48 pm »

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 11:20:05 am by Vector »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80908 on: September 06, 2014, 11:42:11 pm »

Descan, can I haz hug?
* Descan hugs Hans-face.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80909 on: September 06, 2014, 11:47:46 pm »

Quote from: Hanslanda
stuff

You should probably barf up what you can before it gets into your system and get some water in there instead.  If you lie down, you might want to do it face down so that you don't choke on your vomit if you pass out.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 5392 5393 [5394] 5395 5396 ... 8167