Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5186 5187 [5188] 5189 5190 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9433120 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #77805 on: July 01, 2014, 05:09:41 pm »

My palm is not a cat.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77806 on: July 01, 2014, 05:11:03 pm »

Damn it, stop cutting yourself!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77807 on: July 01, 2014, 05:12:15 pm »

I believe Vector HAS left home. Unless something fell through with that, and I missed it. Or I'm thinking of someone else.

Indeed, Vector has left home. That was all stuff that happened on my parents' most recent visit up. I'm getting to the point where I'm planning on moving to longer-term housing, taking all of my stuff, and never darkening their goddamn doorway again.
At this point that sounds like a good plan.

My palm is not a cat.
Oh, you had me worried there for a second...
No, wait! No cutting your palms either!
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #77808 on: July 01, 2014, 05:24:15 pm »

Any time. We'll be here for you throughout.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #77809 on: July 01, 2014, 05:43:55 pm »

Objective, while the idea was good (offering of something you THINK is better than hugs), I've just to say that what you said...wholly lacked tact. Timing or otherwise.
-_-
Could you think about what you're posting before you do so? The state in which it is received is not an appreciable one.

If whatever vagueness those two posts are given their brevity and wording in which they're composed (yeah, its a feeling), then I do daresay that whenever you get into these moods or feelings, talk to someone you trust about it BEFORE DOING IT.
Because talking to others works. Not only does it work, it helps you decide. Why someone you trust? Because generally those people can aid you in deciding--sadness as an influence alone may go very well into destructive paths, if its a sadness of the self. In talking to others, they act as another influence to guide you on your path.

Don't cut yourself. If curiosity or whatever; no. ...Well, if for curiosity--then you now know, if you did it -_-

Vector/greatorder/others:
 *hugs*

Vector, I really hope they know exactly what you're telling us here ._.
Assumptions aren't good to hold (despite them being really obvious in your eye--maybe...they don't see the same thing you see, despite it being plaintively common sense). Maybe bring up the contradictions of what they did to check on their statements (just noting to inform them about their actions--I stand by what you did there. Also those threats are :/ but...given the response afterwards of your dad and such, doesn't look like they're sincerely heartfelt. While they love you...if in the very least in concept, it'd be best for the mental health to brush it aside to their attitude.).

On what your mom said: ...ugh. That's just...
:/

Though...all I say here is based on the idea that what happened was just a tiny fraction of what they did at their time there. If that was perfectly everything they did at their visit then... :-\ I really hope this message doesn't get misinterpreted.
I just hope they're informed of what they're doing to you.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 05:52:22 pm by Tiruin »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77810 on: July 01, 2014, 05:45:52 pm »

« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 06:53:17 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77811 on: July 01, 2014, 05:46:19 pm »

Objective. Stop cutting. It is not healthy emotionally or physically. Just stop it. Talk to someone instead, voice your emotions, that will help so much more. I'm pretty much always available if you need someone to talk to and you can't find anyone else, and I'm sure most, if not all of the people here want to help you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77812 on: July 01, 2014, 05:49:33 pm »

Tiruin, they know goddamn fucking well what they're doing. Their rationalization is "it's normal, everybody does it."
Just saying Vector ._.
As in, just saying on the .01% that what they did was a minor thing and they don't know what you think of what they're doing.
I just wanted to note it (despite the obviousness that what they're doing = bad given you leaving them...if my message was taken otherwise then sorry ._. didn't mean it that way...) as in: maybe they don't know what you think of them there?

But that's just horrible for them if its. . .normal.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #77813 on: July 01, 2014, 05:57:08 pm »

Cutting? Yeah, cutting's a thing. It's easy enough. If you're really lucky, nothing bad will happen.

But if you're not such a lucky bastard, you could have an accident and end up bleeding profusely, putting yourself in huge danger. It could get infected, putting yourself in danger as well. You could cut too deep and permanently cripple a motor nerve. It could become a habit and continue indefinitely until one of these things happen, and there's other risks which I'll assume you've heard from the people who know much more about it than me.

So, yeah. Don't do it.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #77814 on: July 01, 2014, 06:02:31 pm »

I'm just helping the jerkass in the sky fill up his suffering quota.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77815 on: July 01, 2014, 06:04:30 pm »

There is no jerkass in the sky. There isn't anything in the sky besides the atmosphere and life in the atmosphere. Nothing has a suffering quota.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77816 on: July 01, 2014, 06:08:15 pm »

I'm just helping the jerkass in the sky fill up his suffering quota.
The Greys? Don't worry, I've taken care of it already.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77817 on: July 01, 2014, 06:08:44 pm »

Yeah, it seems as if nothing is fun anymore. Nothing is interesting.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77818 on: July 01, 2014, 06:11:58 pm »

I could probably suggest some things.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77819 on: July 01, 2014, 06:13:04 pm »

Goodness OBjective -_- Of all the reasons, that is the most logical reason you've got riding behind what you just did?
...This 'jerkass in the sky', which given your recent notes about it, is something you act on based on the tiiiny bit of context about what it is, equals self-cutting :v In all its wholeness and idea...is why you're (presumably) cutting yourself?
I don't even understand your viewpoint there. :-\ Well, the ideas I've seen do not make sense anyways.
Did you really cut yourself and are talking about it here or...what? Because the sense [wording/backing/context] of those last posts do not say anything done in good health.

'nothing' is a very limiting word, all said.
The last sentence is contradicted by the idea of 'seems'. Glad to know it 'seems' that way and isn't a fact.
But seriously, don't let what seems to be [in a bad sense] become what is. Thoughts are silly that way, but they can also go the other way.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 06:23:23 pm by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 5186 5187 [5188] 5189 5190 ... 8167