Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5176 5177 [5178] 5179 5180 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9434976 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #77655 on: June 28, 2014, 09:55:19 am »

How is that a sad.
I am confus.

Also, to commemorate this date, the "History Channel" is running a 12-hour Swamp People marathon followed by a 6-hour Pawn Stars marathon.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #77656 on: June 28, 2014, 09:57:16 am »

How is that a sad.
I am confus.

Also, to commemorate this date, the "History Channel" is running a 12-hour Swamp People marathon followed by a 6-hour Pawn Stars marathon.
Remember when the History channel was about history?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77657 on: June 28, 2014, 09:58:40 am »

How is that a sad.
I am confus.

the history channel was never about history

the history channel was always about hitler

technically speaking, hitler is history

but practically it was like he was still alive and running the channel himself from his moonbase or from argentina or the vault of the world bank where he measured countries' gdps in himself

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77658 on: June 28, 2014, 10:34:14 am »

Once again, I just don't know what to do with myself. I feel conflicted.

The plan: join the local YMCA, use that as a springboard towards more social interaction and maybe get into shape.

The problem: Scared utterly shitless by the idea. It just feels like something that's so very alien and foreign. Just being in public feels like I'm in a place I'm not supposed to be, that I don't belong there, but being in the Y feels like they should be asking me for a passport as I enter.

And I don't know, I'm just so awfully afraid of making another costly mistake, not just financially, but emotionally. The last time I ventured out of my comfort zone was about a year ago now, and I made a mistake there, and I'm still dwelling on it, just thinking about it everyday, just wanting things to be different.

My currently lifestyle is one of suicide, slow painless suicide as I just exist and nothing else, waiting impotently for death, that much is certain. This fear though, I don't know what to do about it...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77659 on: June 28, 2014, 10:42:37 am »

Once again, I just don't know what to do with myself. I feel conflicted.

The plan: join the local YMCA, use that as a springboard towards more social interaction and maybe get into shape.

The problem: Scared utterly shitless by the idea. It just feels like something that's so very alien and foreign. Just being in public feels like I'm in a place I'm not supposed to be, that I don't belong there, but being in the Y feels like they should be asking me for a passport as I enter.

And I don't know, I'm just so awfully afraid of making another costly mistake, not just financially, but emotionally. The last time I ventured out of my comfort zone was about a year ago now, and I made a mistake there, and I'm still dwelling on it, just thinking about it everyday, just wanting things to be different.

My currently lifestyle is one of suicide, slow painless suicide as I just exist and nothing else, waiting impotently for death, that much is certain. This fear though, I don't know what to do about it...

I am not offering you advice. (Although I do care, that's not what this is.) Just sharing my personal experience.

I have found, personally, that getting out and doing those things that terrify me in that way (Going to social places, trying to meet people, etc) goes one of three ways.
1. I don't do it. I chicken out and regret it forever.
2. I do it and it goes poorly. This can often have pretty severe consequences.
3. I do it and it goes well and holy fuck that's I why I haven't killed myself, because this 'living' thing is kind of awesome.
I recently decided to start trying things that scare me and it has significantly improved my self-satisfaction. That is my experience with situations like yours. I hope things get better for you, as always, Joshua. :)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77660 on: June 28, 2014, 10:42:49 am »

How is that a sad.
I am confus.

the history channel was never about history

the history channel was always about hitler

technically speaking, hitler is history

but practically it was like he was still alive and running the channel himself from his moonbase or from argentina or the vault of the world bank where he measured countries' gdps in himself
It was about history before hitler took over. This was way back in the late 1990s-early 2000s, though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77661 on: June 28, 2014, 11:25:37 am »

So there's a market niche for a proper history channel? Because I'm sure people would watch that.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77662 on: June 28, 2014, 11:29:28 am »

I would. History is interesting.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77663 on: June 28, 2014, 11:36:16 am »

Now it's the "Help, we're out of ideas" channel.

Edit:
So there's a market niche for a proper history channel? Because I'm sure people would watch that.
It's called Youtube. :V
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77664 on: June 28, 2014, 11:38:28 am »

yeah there's a severe lack of documentaries about actually interesting things

nobody gives a shit about the middle ages or why the kingdom of bohemia was actually a kingdom

but there are about 42014889001 documentaries about that one distant relative of the tsar who catherine toppled

gl making something that both brings you profit and isn't overdone

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #77665 on: June 28, 2014, 11:45:23 am »

History channel lost its mind and became an insane blue collar worker wearing a tin foil hat
Discovery channel did the same thing, but Different
TLC("the learning channel") Took on a bit of weight and moved into the home makeover business
A&E (arts & entertainment) moved to gritty Detroit and became a sleepy stripper
MTV used to be about music.....
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77666 on: June 28, 2014, 11:56:27 am »

« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 12:37:52 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77667 on: June 28, 2014, 12:01:03 pm »

she can't strawberry, sirus

you know

strawberry

it's not a difficult concept

yeah

slowpoke understands me, you know, I just need to strawberry :C

this is the 21st century there should be nothing stopping you from strawberry

my heart weeps for thee

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77668 on: June 28, 2014, 12:48:55 pm »

I'm sorry you can't strawberry, Vector. Wish I could help :<
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77669 on: June 28, 2014, 01:40:08 pm »

I was supposed to get into transitional housing today. I was absolutely certain my intake was at 11, but they swore up and down it was at 10, so now because I technically got there half an hour late (I thought I was half an hour early.) I can't even move in today.
Plus, the woman who scheduled my intake kept saying "Well I sent you a reminder email!" and then wouldn't tell me when she sent it even though she supposedly had the email open on her computer. I just checked my email and there is no reminder at all. Sorry lady, but trying to cover your ass so that you don't look incompetent doesn't help anyone.
Pages: 1 ... 5176 5177 [5178] 5179 5180 ... 8167