Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5094 5095 [5096] 5097 5098 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9442059 times)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #76425 on: June 11, 2014, 08:01:46 am »

Cutting is an obsolete method for balancing your humors. Use leeches instead.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76426 on: June 11, 2014, 08:07:56 am »

Dumb trap. <3
I thought trap referred to trans people - 'faggot' may be a more appropriate (?) insult of endearment.
I use trap as in "Male-identifying people who can pass as female". I think Obj can fulfill that. Calling trans* people traps, unless they self-identify as it, is a little annoying :v To say the least. I mean, one's a man who is literally trapping you by saying "I'm actually a dude but~ teehee~" while the other is a woman with a dick* (*not always), so it's like saying "You're not really a woman, you're a trap!" Admiral Ackbar notwithstanding.

Plus, he wants to be a trap :v Far be it from me to label people as something they do not want, but also far from me to not label people as they wish~

So yeah, I coulda called him a durn faggot, but that'd be rude, because as far as I can tell, he'd never called himself a faggot, but has a trap. :v
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 08:09:32 am by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #76427 on: June 11, 2014, 08:11:10 am »

And here I just though it was some obscure FG&RP meme. Learn something new every day!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76428 on: June 11, 2014, 08:13:02 am »

Okay, Descan, but any enemies screaming "It's a trap!" In my RP are on your tab.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76429 on: June 11, 2014, 08:18:33 am »

Okay, Descan, but any enemies screaming "It's a trap!" In my RP are on your tab.
I'll buy them, don't worry.

* Descan starts a slave-trade.

Are they orcs or...?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76430 on: June 11, 2014, 08:28:40 am »

Naah, pretty much the same as us. It's that kind of setting.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76431 on: June 11, 2014, 08:38:45 am »

It would be really nice to be able to sleep.
I can second this.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76432 on: June 11, 2014, 08:39:12 am »

This: http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2014/jun/10/supermarket-prawns-thailand-produced-slave-labour

Quote from: The beginning of that article
Slaves forced to work for no pay for years at a time under threat of extreme violence are being used in Asia in the production of seafood sold by major US, British and other European retailers, the Guardian can reveal.

A six-month investigation has established that large numbers of men bought and sold like animals and held against their will on fishing boats off Thailand are integral to the production of prawns (commonly called shrimp in the US) sold in leading supermarkets around the world, including the top four global retailers: Walmart, Carrefour, Costco and Tesco.

The investigation found that the world's largest prawn farmer, the Thailand-based Charoen Pokphand (CP) Foods, buys fishmeal, which it feeds to its farmed prawns, from some suppliers that own, operate or buy from fishing boats manned with slaves.

Men who have managed to escape from boats supplying CP Foods and other companies like it told the Guardian of horrific conditions, including 20-hour shifts, regular beatings, torture and execution-style killings. Some were at sea for years; some were regularly offered methamphetamines to keep them going. Some had seen fellow slaves murdered in front of them.
The Thailand-based Charoen Pokphand (CP) Foods, buys fishmeal, which it feeds to its farmed prawns, from some suppliers that own, operate or buy from fishing boats manned with slaves.
. . .
Buys fishmeal... from some suppliers... that buy from fishing boats manned with slaves.
It seems horrific enough to be true, but it also seems like The Guardian doing sensationalist garbage again.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #76433 on: June 11, 2014, 08:40:48 am »

Falling grades + lack of will to study 4+ hours a day = super worried

And anxious. Also nagging by mother.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #76434 on: June 11, 2014, 08:49:08 am »

Objective, lemme tell you somthin' 'bout cuttin'.

It's... it's bad. Mkay.

(No, seriously, I don't wanna have to worry about you, brother)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76436 on: June 11, 2014, 09:04:45 am »

(removed)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76437 on: June 11, 2014, 09:07:22 am »

detroit is like an infinite pool of arguments for white supremacists, except it's actually a real thing unlike south africa

can't you just demolish it

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #76438 on: June 11, 2014, 09:08:42 am »

I woke up not being able to move my leg for the second time in a few days. Stupid lymph node, always swelling and causing unbearable pain. It looks like I'm probably not working this weekend, dammit.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #76439 on: June 11, 2014, 09:12:24 am »

I woke up not being able to move my leg for the second time in a few days. Stupid lymph node, always swelling and causing unbearable pain. It looks like I'm probably not working this weekend, dammit.
What's causing it to swell? If it's something that can't be helped, then... well, it can't be helped, but if it's an infection or something, then get it sorted. Last thing you want is some elephantitis-esque thing ruining your life.

I got blood work at the clinic just yesterday, still waiting to hear back. At least the pain's going down with heat and acetomenaphin this time.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 5094 5095 [5096] 5097 5098 ... 8167