Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5095 5096 [5097] 5098 5099 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9529917 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #76440 on: June 11, 2014, 09:21:04 am »

I realize everyone has incredibly dark moments, in a very offhand "yes that probably happens" kind of way.
But I have trouble remembering the times I had it myself. I know I've felt that way in the past, but I just can't take it seriously now.

So I guess to all suicidalists, take heart from that. You'll live on, grow old, and look back fondly on how much of a tool you were.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #76441 on: June 11, 2014, 09:31:15 am »

Gad a fight with mother. I feel so useless and nobody can help me. Neither do I get help other than "you must do better" from anyone. And my future kinda hinges on this in a way, what with grade history, but I can't motivate myself to do even a minimum of studying, not withstanding the fact that all people are studying minimum three hours a day and I'm going to get stomped. My grades speak for themselves, and they're all telling the world that this student here is a fine example of someone not on the top and you don't want her... this upcoming test may or may not be my last that counts but I still can't give a damn and I hate myself for not being able to. Etc etc ramble ramble
Also everyday life increasingly bores me. It's always the same dullness. Doesn't mean I feel nothing, but eh. Also, til droll doesn't mean what I thought it means.
Also, my head hurts, maybe it's all the crying slash fighting.

E: And I let my mother down, too :( I bet she'd be worrying that I won't be able to go to a good, named college, or not be able to get a scholarship to be able to go; I give off an aura of responsibility but I'm really nothing more than a facade.
E2: I used to give a damn, you know. I tried hard in 10th grade semester 2, and kept trying hard in 11th grade. But others apparently tried harder than me, and my rank started slipping, so I suddenly found myself void of motivation, and here I a, giving only the most superficial of damns.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 09:34:52 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76442 on: June 11, 2014, 09:34:22 am »

« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 07:21:14 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #76443 on: June 11, 2014, 09:37:44 am »

The Korean system sounds horribly toxic.
* Arx offers internet hugs

Woke up at 6. Fuck you, brain. I see that you're back to your old tricks.

I assume you didn't mean to wake up that early?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76444 on: June 11, 2014, 10:31:46 am »

I need to stay awake until then. For my night job.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #76445 on: June 11, 2014, 10:37:56 am »

You guys can't comlain about waking up at six. I have to do that every day. >.<

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76446 on: June 11, 2014, 10:39:09 am »

yeah? how about waking up at four thirty you scrub

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76447 on: June 11, 2014, 10:41:01 am »

It's not a competition, people :-\
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #76448 on: June 11, 2014, 10:50:38 am »

I woke up at six, too!

From a cat meowing at my door. Apparently, she spent a few hours meowing at my parent's door before that, so we assume she did that, then gave up and started at mine.

I'm starting to wish I had a cat again. It's completely not related to what you said whatsoever, but yeah, I do. And I shouldn't, since I'm allergic and living in a rented apartment :|

Also, Sky, I can sympathize. I had to fight my way through last year like that, and two years ago, and four years ago... and the fact that I'm a lazy bum when it comes to studying doesn't help. If your situation is, as it sounds, anything like mine, your motivation issues are that you tried your best, only to fail to improve ANYTHING, or just plain fail. Over and over. From my experience, it's more of a systematic issue, rather than a personal one.

In my case, for one of those, it was literally absurd Biology tests - with the grades from 1 to 6 (low to high) with the passing grade being anything above 1, I ended the first semester of it with the following grades: 1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2.

But I got through. Hell, I qualified for the best university in the country, a year earlier than I should have finished school.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76449 on: June 11, 2014, 11:00:37 am »

So I guess to all suicidalists, take heart from that. You'll live on, grow old, and look back fondly on how much of a tool you were.
*  Results not guaranteed. 

If we're not going to lump all males/females/gay people/Christians/athiests/your-political-party-here/whatever into generalizations, let's keep up the trend for those of us to whom life is a burden. 

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76450 on: June 11, 2014, 11:12:15 am »

yeah? how about waking up at four thirty you scrub
I try to wake up at 2am at the latest But I also try to go to bed at 6pm to balance it out

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #76451 on: June 11, 2014, 11:20:16 am »

The Korean system sounds horribly toxic.
* Arx offers internet hugs
Why can't I do anything to help thrice damnit.

* Tiruin can only offer hugs >_>
Well I can but...it usually always = nope. sorry :(

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76452 on: June 11, 2014, 12:27:01 pm »

after a brief analysis it turns out minrtds are the same reheated stuff ever since the first generation died off

where is the messiah this bullshit genre needs but doesn't deserve

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #76453 on: June 11, 2014, 12:30:42 pm »

wat

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #76454 on: June 11, 2014, 12:34:17 pm »

It's hard to make a very good minimalist RTD by virtue of them being minimalist.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 5095 5096 [5097] 5098 5099 ... 8169