Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5074 5075 [5076] 5077 5078 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9427807 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #76125 on: June 05, 2014, 08:55:35 pm »

Our dorm played the "touch game" last night, wherein everyone sits in a circle with their backs turned and eyes closed while X many stand up at a time, anonymously, and touch people on the back in response to statements ("Touch someone who helped you out this year," etc). It's fairly sentimental, but it made me realize how much I'm going to miss this dorm and all the people I've lived with here. Moveout is in just 5 days, but I'm so tied up with the last assignments of the year that I can't really spend time hanging out with people. I'm considering using some of the money I've saved up to take everyone out to eat, though.

Damn, all my feels bro.

Seriously, I hate thinking about the day I'll graduate from college, cause that would mean I'd (mostly) stop meeting my friends as they get busier with their job-finding and stuff. Time moves ever forward, but damn, I dread the day I say goodbye to people. :|
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76126 on: June 05, 2014, 09:12:23 pm »

More of a combination of sad and raeg and politic.

Yet another mass shooting, this time on a Seattle college campus (yes, Seattle, where Toady One and ThreeToe live, but we know they aren't students). We have one of these every month or two now.....

The government really needs to get their shit together as far as figuring out how to prevent these and fixing shit all.

I wonder what a graph tracking the rates of shootings would look like?

(morbid curiosity mixed with sadness at work)
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76127 on: June 05, 2014, 11:15:32 pm »

After more bullshit with my ex's roommate and my ex cheating on me. and all the stuff they put me through (Look earlier if you want to know the full story) to the point that her roommate  not just putting the blame on me now, but they're pushing it on me to fix everything. And what am I supposed to do? I can't fix my ex because she won't talk to me, and her roommate is turning into this tantrum spiral that just lashes out at me.

And when I tell her that she's hurting my feelings , she instantly acts all innocent again and it just bothers me so much that I get yelled at but when I yell back , everything is forced to make me look awful.. I can't win and I can't back out...

I swear, after this is done and over with, I am NEVER dating again... I'll just get cheated on again and more drama will ensue :'(
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76129 on: June 06, 2014, 12:28:29 am »

« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 07:29:08 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #76130 on: June 06, 2014, 01:14:28 am »

Hum, I was under the impression that a majority of Bay12ers are above average intelligence at least.

Population's large enough around here that the average intelligence is probably near-identical to that of the general public's.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76131 on: June 06, 2014, 01:15:27 am »

I'unno, I can be pretty dumb at times.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #76132 on: June 06, 2014, 01:19:12 am »

Hum, I was under the impression that a majority of Bay12ers are above average intelligence at least.

Population's large enough around here that the average intelligence is probably near-identical to that of the general public's.
The majority are. :v
New people come in, and/or some are influenced to not use the intelligence (in a constructive way). Not generally due to new people coming in though. Subculture stuff, presumed.

Tell ex's roommate, full stop, that you aren't responsible for other people's behavior, and then cut off the conversation any time she tries to guilt trip you over your ex's dalliances.
^
But actually, you do want to help, right? Make that clear. However, if they're going to be such--then help doesn't often work even if you are willing; you are willing, but they aren't willing to be helped or to in the least give respect in order to be helped. It doesn't work that way most of the times, given...what I've seen. >_>
Do date again. Learn from what you're seeing now. You're seeing the utterly bad side of people :-\
Shifting blame and not taking responsibility for it (oh, and expecting you to fix it for them despite being stubborn and selfishly hurt on their side >.> Is a complex twist of thought and feelings...but more on lack of conscious control given how the mixture comes out.)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 01:26:59 am by Tiruin »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76133 on: June 06, 2014, 03:29:03 am »

« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 07:29:04 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76134 on: June 06, 2014, 04:11:18 am »

No, even if you want to help, you should not help a person get with your ex's boyfriend. You should not say "I want to help you get with my ex's boyfriend." No.

This. I'd say get the fuck away from them, because if you do consider helping, then you're prepping a shitstorm to happen much later.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76135 on: June 06, 2014, 06:24:43 am »

No, even if you want to help, you should not help a person get with your ex's boyfriend. You should not say "I want to help you get with my ex's boyfriend." No.
They weren't asking for that. They were telling me to fix my ex for doing what she did along with fixing the situation to stop it from happening again. In all honesty, if I ever see that guy (and I know who it is) then I'm pretty sure fights will ensue. I'm not gonna go out of my way to hunt this guy though. In a nutshell, her roommate told me to fix everything, but it was pretty much:

- get my ex to stop seeing this guy
- somehow let her get through this on her own but fix everything without doing so
- get that guy to never see my ex again but don't hurt him or talk to him
- miraculously fix my ex's supposed "intimacy issues"
- somehow accomplish the above without talking to anyone

As you can see, half the shit her roommate said is garbage and it's stupid that I'm the one told to fix everything, not my ex, not her last bf (because the guy she cheated on me with she never got with... Yet...) and she expects me to do all this after she breaks my heart by telling me the whole situation and she expects me to somehow fix all this? I am SO done with her roommate... I can't sever my ex since as I said, she's about as close as you can get to being family without being blood related (her closest aunt is my mothers best friend) but at least I can sever ONE of these ties.

And when I told her that I don't want to hear a word from her roommate ever again, she starts acting all innocent again and saying it's not her fault, she's sorry and she hopes we're still friends and all this other bullshit that I'm certain is all lies... After all, she not only kept things from me but she lied to me -_-
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #76136 on: June 06, 2014, 08:22:53 am »

This. I'd say get the fuck away from them, because if you do consider helping, then you're prepping a shitstorm to happen much later.
o_o
I was thinking more of an 'I'd like to help [vague] but-'
Like that :x

And when I told her that I don't want to hear a word from her roommate ever again, she starts acting all innocent again and saying it's not her fault, she's sorry and she hopes we're still friends and all this other bullshit that I'm certain is all lies... After all, she not only kept things from me but she lied to me -_-
I'm really tempted to advise to ask [you to ask her?](?) 'then who's fault is it' but that might be too much...
And you can't...fix a person like, ~fix~ them. They must decide that//realize it first.
Argh my wording. >_>
[Those reasons are really jumbled up. Accomplish the above without talking to anyone...]
Did she ever say why she doesn't want to fix it [or is reluctant to], or it is the same case of 'not my fault [so I won't do anything]' or 'I realize you're [helpful] and I need your help'?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #76137 on: June 06, 2014, 11:12:09 am »

Norovirus.

Long amounts of time spent without much bad feeling followed by one or two minutes of abject, complete misery pouring into a bowl under your mouth.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #76138 on: June 06, 2014, 12:02:38 pm »

Today was the last day of school. Only exams left now.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #76139 on: June 06, 2014, 12:18:02 pm »

Today was the last day of school. Only exams left now.

[SUMMER_INTENSIFIES]
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 5074 5075 [5076] 5077 5078 ... 8167