Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4524 4525 [4526] 4527 4528 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9419786 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #67875 on: November 26, 2013, 11:41:03 am »

Agreed. I'm still a little shocked at how I wound up with this project manager job, but a lot of it goes back to things I did in my last year of tech support. Like pulling 70-hour weeks when we were way behind (mostly because I needed that sweet, sweet overtime pay) or being the first to volunteer to fly down to Mississippi to train my replacements (mostly because hey...I like to travel) or managing a chunk of a deployment that had gone FUBAR and needed a lot of tedious man-hours of IT administration to fix (because that's still a million times more fun than being strapped to a headset and a phone all day resetting passwords and installing print drivers).

In short, I had my own reasons for doing a number of things that were interpreted as "being a team player" and "going above and beyond". Net result was that my boss went to bat for me in a big way and I landed this job.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67876 on: November 26, 2013, 11:46:34 am »

I have gotten zero interviews from applying online, plus the shops I'm applying to are small enough I can show up, and talk to the owner if he's there and not busy. And as for dedication, I drove three hours to get to one shop. Dude asked where I was from, and when I said [Hometown] he was like "What. Seriously?".

I did the same once, handing out 54 resumes in one day (i was exhausted by the end of it) at a shopping centre two and a half hours travel away, and the only ones that commented on the unfamiliar postcode was "I don't think you'll ever get a job out this far west if you're travelling out this far."

Well dur, I'd obviously be moving closer, so I could work and hop around the corner to uni instead of a massive trek.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #67877 on: November 26, 2013, 11:48:44 am »

I'm a welder with four CWB(Canadian Welding Bureau) tickets. I have my SMAW(Stick) Flat/Horizontal, GMAW(Mig) Flat, and FCAW(Flux-core) Flat. I'm currently residing in Ontario, about three hours northwest of Toronto.

Fort McMurray is your answer.  I've known more than a handful of peeps who work trades there, and make enough in 4 months to spend the rest of the year comfortable.

Heck, anywhere in Alberta is starved for pipeline and irrigation works - welders, pipefitters, and machine ops are always in high demand.  Doesn't hurt that the payscales are higher, and taxes lower, in AB than anywhere else in the country; many companies will even pay for transport and lodging for out-of-province tradesworkers.
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67878 on: November 26, 2013, 12:11:36 pm »

Yeah. I was looking for jobs around here because I have family I could stay with to help get me started. Thanks guys.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67879 on: November 26, 2013, 06:53:36 pm »

Caught a damn cold, and since most cold medicine just makes you drowsy I am limited to popping cough drops like Dr House pops vicoden.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #67880 on: November 26, 2013, 06:54:18 pm »

I just realized how horrible at English I am.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67881 on: November 26, 2013, 06:57:08 pm »

...Looks pretty good to me.
O.o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #67882 on: November 26, 2013, 06:58:59 pm »

:v
I mean how horrible I use it..despite my past with it..I thought it was ok.
It wasn't ok. :S

Edit: But then I'm being vague..but then I don't know how to give it clarity other than link the areas in the lower boards where I did get such a conclusion..but then it might hurt people >_<
Arghghghgghghgh

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67883 on: November 26, 2013, 09:54:23 pm »

I am now pretty sure that until I'm past my teenage hormonal cataclysm, any and all feelings I have towards people are variable at best, and not worth investing time and effort into. I seriously wish I had a greater understanding of human emotions and feelings, because then I could take a rational stance on my own thought processes, but as it stands, I'm stuck between so many hard places, with no rocks in between. I feel like it wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't so worried about my future, and the people I want to take with me to it, but I find myself caring about too many individuals at once, and because of this, I find myself thinking about too much at once. I have no idea what I'm even talking about anymore and I'm just writing things to vent at this point. The primary issue in my life right now is the case of le friend zoning. , on two fronts no less. Alright, so, two girls, both of which I consider quite close friends. We've all hung around in a group together for a while now, and I just don't know how I should be feeling about them, I guess. I'm stuck between " I 'unno it would be kind of weird to date my friends" and "I wouldn't mind spending a lifetime with either of these people" and It's just really confusing, because I'm too afraid of what will happen if I come out with how I really kinda feel. Normally, when I have a problem, I sit, or lay down, and think about it until I find a reasonable solution or compromise, but I don't think there is one. My biggest fear is that if I enter a relationship with one of these people, my friendship with the other might tarnish.

Now, I know what a few of you are going to say, "You're a teenager, of course your feelings are messed up" and stuff like that, and I agree, but I can cope better when I can write this stuff down and other people can throw out points of view, so meh.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #67884 on: November 26, 2013, 10:49:24 pm »

I am hopelessly stressed out at the entire process of graduating high school, applying to college, filling out applications, applying to financial aid, applying to scholarships, and basically caring about any of this shit. I don't know what to do about any of it. I do not feel any bit of control, I do not understand how I'm supposed to do any of it, or who I'm supposed to turn it in to, or why I'm doing it, or how other people can actually want to do this shit when all it is is a reminder of what the rest of my life is going to be like:

Stress. Hopeless, never ending stress.

tl;dr: too much stress, spess.exe shutting down.

Venting over. This is gonna be one of those stupid posts I'm going to regret. I wrote this other stupid venting rant before but didn't post it, and regretted that too. I pretty much regret all my other stupid posts anyway. Whatever. Let's all hate me for having emotions and shit, guys. What a stupid loser, right.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67885 on: November 26, 2013, 11:01:27 pm »

I am not prepared at all for real life.

Nobody is.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67886 on: November 26, 2013, 11:03:56 pm »

Bluh. There's a French quiz tomorrow, and I haven't studied a whole lot. Thankfully, if I mess up, I'll probably be able to turn something in for extra credit.

I find French really dull for some reason. I have an incredibly good teacher, but it's still my least favorite class.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67887 on: November 26, 2013, 11:36:41 pm »

Life always finds a way to give you a swift kick to the nuts at every opportunity. To succeed at life, you must deal with life's bullshit until you gain enough badass levels to tell life to go suck it.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67888 on: November 27, 2013, 01:26:07 am »

@Space: I know this probably won't help at face value, but it may after you digest it a little bit.

That feeling of being a kid dressed up as an adult? It never goes away for most people. I turned 30 this year and feel like that at least twice a day. You just have to do the best you can, and not worry about what you can't control.

This is going to sound cliché, but after high school, unless you do something dumb or something really bad happens to you, can be the best time to be yourself. Move out on your own and just be. Eat ham sandwiches for breakfast. Work just enough to get by. Go to college for whatever you want, or learn a trade. The thing about being a grownup is that you get to decide what goes on in your life.

Finally, you're already in "real life." Each moment you have, each breath you take, and each day that passes is very real. You're just about to take the training wheels off. You can do it, buddy. Just keep pedaling.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #67889 on: November 27, 2013, 01:34:57 am »

My grandma has Alzheimer's.  It's hard to comprehend.
Pages: 1 ... 4524 4525 [4526] 4527 4528 ... 8167