Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4502 4503 [4504] 4505 4506 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429696 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #67545 on: November 13, 2013, 07:39:57 pm »

Do you really think it works that well. Really.

Actually yea, that is pretty damn effective!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67546 on: November 13, 2013, 07:44:23 pm »

It's been several days, and I still haven't received an activation e-mail for an account I made for the Dwarf Fortress File Depot.

Should I contact the admin?

E: Tried resetting the password, which apparently you can do even before activating the account. It said that it had sent me an e-mail with my new password, but I haven't received it.

It takes me forever to remember people's names. I can remember faces after seeing them once, though.

This. Though I've forgotten names immediately after being introduced to people before, and have even forgotten names of people I know quite well.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 10:34:13 pm by BlackFlyme »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67547 on: November 13, 2013, 07:54:51 pm »

So now I just need to attract the attention of and ask out somebody I have never directly spoken to. God damn you, social standards.
Have you thought about doing a rail shot? I.e. getting someone else to set up a contact/social situation between you two?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 08:55:11 am by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67548 on: November 14, 2013, 01:51:06 am »

It takes me forever to remember people's names. I can remember faces after seeing them once, though.

This. Though I've forgotten names immediately after being introduced to people before, and have even forgotten names of people I know quite well.
I spent some time working on a reception desk for local government.  Whenever someone came in and told me their name and who they were here to see, I had to immediately write it down because every single time, by the time I'd picked up the phone and dialled  the number of the person they were here to see I'd have forgotten their name.

And any time I bump into someone from work (or going back far enough, school) outside of that environment it takes my brain a good couple of minutes just to twig that this is even someone I know, much less who it is.  I've had conversations with people I see every day where for the entire conversation I thought I was just talking to some overly-friendly stranger.

Sometimes, my brain really sucks.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67549 on: November 14, 2013, 03:56:04 am »

It's what I do. Pretend to be MZ.
I'm MaximumZero, and I approve this message. Also, I lol'd. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #67550 on: November 14, 2013, 04:42:43 am »

What does she consider to be a decent uni? Because I think I've only seen you talk about Ivy Leagues, and, while they might be more prestigious, they don't necessarily offer a better education, and in some cases I think I've heard they can be much worse (lots of grade inflation).

Something top 50ish that she has heard of.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #67551 on: November 14, 2013, 06:04:58 am »

What does she consider to be a decent uni? Because I think I've only seen you talk about Ivy Leagues, and, while they might be more prestigious, they don't necessarily offer a better education, and in some cases I think I've heard they can be much worse (lots of grade inflation).

I wonder if anyone can give you advice on which college..I mean, most Bay12ers here are American! :D

Or are you looking for unis in a certain...state? Region?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67552 on: November 14, 2013, 06:26:47 am »

Australia has Melbourne Uni, ranked no 34 in the world and no. 1 in the southern hemisphere.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67553 on: November 14, 2013, 06:29:38 am »

Melbourne Uni is ranked higher than UNSW?
Actually on second thought it isn't that surprising. If there is one area in Australia proven to be of high intellectual caliber it is Melbourne.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #67554 on: November 14, 2013, 06:42:04 am »

#7 is in the Netherlands ^-^.

Well, only barely. It's in the south so it's not really the Netherlands. More like proto-Belgium so I wouldn't recommend going there >.>

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #67555 on: November 14, 2013, 06:46:53 am »

Australia has Melbourne Uni, ranked no 34 in the world and no. 1 in the southern hemisphere.
>.>

Psst, Skyrunner. Go to Australia! Reudh and several other peoples are there :O

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67556 on: November 14, 2013, 07:34:32 am »

Melbourne Uni is ranked higher than UNSW?
Actually on second thought it isn't that surprising. If there is one area in Australia proven to be of high intellectual caliber it is Melbourne.

Yeah, I was surprised too. Monash is part of the Group of Eight, and it's not too far behind Melbourne Uni.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #67557 on: November 14, 2013, 07:47:17 am »

Last Week's Sad, Take Two: The Fuckmylifening.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67558 on: November 14, 2013, 12:25:25 pm »

Woo, my opinion of myself is now that I feel like it would be in everyone's best interest to not have anything to do with other people. I have no idea why this idea is sticking so hard, but it really is.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67559 on: November 14, 2013, 12:59:49 pm »

The group of people I'm rather close with seems to not have many topics for discussion during our meetings lately. Some of them plainly don't bother showing up anymore.

This results in a sad LordSlowpoke. I don't want them to drift away, of all people. What should I do...
Pages: 1 ... 4502 4503 [4504] 4505 4506 ... 8167