Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4457 4458 [4459] 4460 4461 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466565 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #66870 on: October 23, 2013, 09:10:06 pm »

It makes me sad that so many people though Russell Crowe's singing in Les Mis was bad. In fact I think he's really underrated in that role, that's one of the best Javerts I've heard.

Full disclosure, I thought he was a better Javert than Jackman was Valjean.

To me, comparing Russell to either Quast or the man who played Javert in the 25th anniversary concert is what makes the difference. For the record, I also disliked Jack as Valjean from his very first teaser trailer :P

Admittedly, most of the singing was not really up to par.  Don't get me started on Jackman's "Bring Him Home"--and the Thenardiers were actually just plain embarrassing.  ON THE OTHER HAND, it was all SO much better than the usual movie-musicals that I can't complain--and the details of the setting, the acting and so on, really made it for me.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #66871 on: October 24, 2013, 12:20:42 am »

My suitemate is now starting a new program in which he will pay girls $10 to watch a movie with him.

There's something wrong with that boy.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66872 on: October 24, 2013, 12:33:12 am »

My suitemate is now starting a new program in which he will pay girls $10 to watch a movie with him.

There's something wrong with that boy.
I think you mean "That boy just ain't right".
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66873 on: October 24, 2013, 12:52:38 am »

Oh, and it is specifically illegal to set off a nuke.
Where I live there is a $50 fine for detonating a nuclear device, you can be ticketed for spitting on the sidewalk, and urinating in public is considered a felony where as in the rest of the county it's a misdemeanor. Also the city council debates every year whether or not to ban plastic grocery bags, fails to reach an agreement, and has done this every year since 1980.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #66874 on: October 24, 2013, 12:54:13 am »

Where I live there is a $50 fine for detonating a nuclear device, you can be ticketed for spitting on the sidewalk, and urinating in public is considered a felony where as in the rest of the county it's a misdemeanor. Also the city council debates every year whether or not to ban plastic grocery bags, fails to reach an agreement, and has done this every year since 1980.
I don't think you'll care about a $50 fine if you detonate a nuclear bomb in the town.
Then again your whole town sounds ... odd.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66875 on: October 24, 2013, 01:04:08 am »

Where I live there is a $50 fine for detonating a nuclear device,

...according to my understanding of law, i can just pay $50 and disregard all the "you commuted a crime against humanity!" stuff since i can't be prosecuted for the same thing twice

can i get a "glorious"

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66876 on: October 24, 2013, 01:07:08 am »

...according to my understanding of law, i can just pay $50 and disregard all the "you commuted a crime against humanity!" stuff since i can't be prosecuted for the same thing twice

can i get a "glorious"
Glorious.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66877 on: October 24, 2013, 01:15:24 am »

I don't think you'll care about a $50 fine if you detonate a nuclear bomb in the town.
Then again your whole town sounds ... odd.
I don't want to get into a rant about how the city I live in with it's state university, it's three Gamestops and twelve Magic: The Gathering-themed hobby shops has nothing to do other than party, make art, and get involved in activism. I want to make friends here and people at this forum have suggested clubs but where I live when people say "club" they mean one of the dozens of nightclubs, gay bars or pubs as there is no other kind of club present here. Believe me, I checked. Where I live isn't odd. It's suffering.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #66878 on: October 24, 2013, 01:18:58 am »

can i get a "glorious"

you're forgetting the large amount of charges that are related to but not identical nor even congruent with and certainly not the same as detonating a nuke that comes with the territory

like... bombing

or murder

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66879 on: October 24, 2013, 01:24:21 am »

can i get a "glorious"

you're forgetting the large amount of charges that are related to but not identical nor even congruent with and certainly not the same as detonating a nuke that comes with the territory

like... bombing

or murder

i like how nobody has pointed out that i'd be putting the bomb on a train hence the explosion would be commuted and i'd only be responsible for commuting the consequent crime against humanity

i'd just put the fifty bucks in an envelope, send it to o'sirius the dalai-bama in new las vegas with blackjack and even more hookers and haul ass to best korea to live as the glorious leader's greatest national hero

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66880 on: October 24, 2013, 01:27:29 am »

i'd just put the fifty bucks in an envelope, send it to o'sirius the dalai-bama in new las vegas with blackjack and even more hookers and haul ass to best korea to live as the glorious leader's greatest national hero
This is going in the out of context quote thread
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #66881 on: October 24, 2013, 01:28:52 am »

can i get a "glorious"

like... bombing

or murder
Or bomb murder. After all, bombs are people too.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66882 on: October 24, 2013, 01:29:24 am »

can i get a "glorious"

like... bombing

or murder

i like how nobody has pointed out that i'd be putting the bomb on a train hence the explosion would be commuted and i'd only be responsible for commuting the consequent crime against humanity

MEANWHILE AT CIA HQ

Bob: Tom? It's Bob. Bay12's at it again.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66883 on: October 24, 2013, 01:30:02 am »

This is going in the out of context quote thread

these whole forums are its context

my lore book is already material for at least a trilogy, by the way

and i'm not sharing it unless i finally decide to portal myself onto some higher plane in which case it'll be put here a week after i do so automagically

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #66884 on: October 24, 2013, 02:14:50 am »

Tried on my Halloween costume, and realized I didn't want to take it off because Halloween 2013 is going to be over and done with in a matter of days. :(
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 4457 4458 [4459] 4460 4461 ... 8167