Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4437 4438 [4439] 4440 4441 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473690 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #66570 on: October 17, 2013, 05:01:30 pm »

Just watched some Pewdiepie. I am sad because I don't have enough bullets to erase this image from my brain.
Which image, the horror game or the facecam?

PERIOD ALL OVER THE GROUND RAPING TIME

EDIT: for clarification this is about 80% of pewdiepie content
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 05:36:56 pm by Putnam »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66571 on: October 17, 2013, 05:14:03 pm »

I like Markiplier. He's like Pewdie only not "ohgodwhy?", what with the face-cam, playing horror games, and making jokes.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #66572 on: October 17, 2013, 05:27:25 pm »

This man is a horrible, horrible person. Makes me sad he's in the same country as me.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66573 on: October 17, 2013, 06:06:19 pm »

This man is a horrible, horrible person. Makes me sad he's in the same country as me.
Same goddamn state as me.

* kaijyuu is enraged.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66574 on: October 17, 2013, 06:14:11 pm »

I'm not much for anger, but it's pretty fucking sad he got elected.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66575 on: October 17, 2013, 06:16:00 pm »

Very strange that he (claims) to not have anything against gays and bisexuals while believing that.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66576 on: October 17, 2013, 06:26:59 pm »

Actually that's kind of (it's a stretch) the only redeeming factor there.

He doesn't assume that being a trans* person means you're gay/lesbian, or that being gay/lesbian means you're trans* or a cross-dresser.

... Well, he doesn't -say- he thinks that. He still could believe that, nothing in there is a direct contradiction of that possibility. But still!

Edit: Also, "I don't have anything against gays/lesbians!" is like, a total calling card for "But I totally don't want to give them equality/a job/have anything to do with them/let them near my children/be friends with them."

That bisexual women comment was really weird of him, though. >_>
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #66577 on: October 17, 2013, 06:27:51 pm »

Very strange that he (claims) to not have anything against gays and bisexuals while believing that.

I wonder if it is the intrinsic...weirdness of transexuality. I don't mean weird in a bad way, I just mean in the way that it is something that the vast majority of people can't really comprehend at a personal level. Most people at least understand, to an extent, attraction to someone of the same gender (even if they have moral qualms about it). And people understand someone rebelling against the social mores and restrictions placed on their sex. I think people would even accept, to an extent, being jealous of what stuff the other sex can physically do that they can't. But most people are completely comfortable with the gender they were born with, and it's a very fundamental aspect of a person's concept of self. To have that part feel wrong seems to strike a lot of people as rather alien. They just can't wrap their heads around the idea in any satisfactory manner, so they outright object to it.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66578 on: October 17, 2013, 06:48:09 pm »

A while ago --and in the heads of a few individuals-- homosexuality was believed to be a choice. People thought it was sin, primarily because they believed homosexuals didn't actually need to love their own sex.
Then, it was believed to be a mental illness. Something that could be cured, with therapy.

I think transexuality is going through some of that. It's different from homosexuality, but they're similar in the ways they both challenge traditional sexuality in a rather extreme way.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66579 on: October 17, 2013, 06:53:14 pm »

Well, that's a transition common to many things in a society with increasing tolerance. Unaccepted behaviors go from major offenses to minor offenses, then to involuntary illness or addiction, then to subculture status, and then are finally accepted by the mainstream.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #66580 on: October 17, 2013, 06:53:36 pm »

My guess is that he feels like it's a safe group to hate on, so he can still appeal to social conservatives without upsetting too many voters. Whether that's a conscious thing or not, I don't know. He might really believe what he says, or he might consciously be weighing the prejudices he's allowed to endorse.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #66581 on: October 17, 2013, 07:04:46 pm »

Uh.
Why do people elect people like him again?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #66582 on: October 17, 2013, 07:05:07 pm »

I think the flip side that people tend to forget is that this sort of hate-filled vitriol is actually a sign of progress. Nobody tries to hold back progress that doesn't exist- that sort of hatemongering only takes place when it's a reaction to something. If "everyone knew" that transsexuals were Bad, or "everyone knew" they didn't exist, he'd feel no need to make such statements.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #66583 on: October 17, 2013, 07:09:16 pm »

Oh for fucks sake. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER AMERICA.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #66584 on: October 17, 2013, 07:09:41 pm »

Oh for fucks sake. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER AMERICA.
They kinda did.
Until February.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 4437 4438 [4439] 4440 4441 ... 8167