Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4418 4419 [4420] 4421 4422 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429300 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #66285 on: October 04, 2013, 05:38:28 pm »

I realized I've never been invited to hang out with anyone, so I have literally no idea what it is people do outside of school. I really, really hate my younger-self for avoiding people when I was younger. I'm not sure I can stress that enough in mere words.
Same. Do they ... do homework? Go start fights? Complain on forums about not knowing what to do?

I have this problem as well, but in my experience they seem to just stand around staring blankly at each other while these strange orifices on their head move about and make these peculiar, unintelligible noises.

Either that or they attempt to meld their faces with the nearest electronic device. Yes, I'm aware of the irony :P

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #66286 on: October 04, 2013, 05:44:57 pm »

I realized I've never been invited to hang out with anyone, so I have literally no idea what it is people do outside of school. I really, really hate my younger-self for avoiding people when I was younger. I'm not sure I can stress that enough in mere words.
Same. Do they ... do homework? Go start fights? Complain on forums about not knowing what to do?

I have this problem as well, but in my experience they seem to just stand around staring blankly at each other while these strange orifices on their head move about and make these peculiar, unintelligible noises.

Either that or they attempt to meld their faces with the nearest electronic device. Yes, I'm aware of the irony :P
Huh. Have you tried communing with them yet?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66287 on: October 04, 2013, 05:51:22 pm »

I tried, but I couldn't understand a single noise they made.

Just going on about their "twatters" "facedesk" and "instacups", some strange sounding phrases like "lol" and "omg", plus a massive over-use of the word like.

I don't think I get along with others my age that well. Not sure what "miring" means either. I'm serious about this one, google just responds with swamp related pages.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66288 on: October 04, 2013, 05:54:20 pm »

Communication is overrated.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66289 on: October 04, 2013, 09:55:22 pm »

I have never been more upset at a piece of programming in my lfe.

My Mom decides to take her computer troubles into her own hands, and despite the fact that she knows nothing at all about computers, went and bought a small acer laptop with Windows 8 installed on it.

I've quickly come to discover that Windows 8 is the most streamlined, handholding piece of trash I have ever personally laid eyes upon. This OS feels like an abusive captor that is holding the computer hostage, but it speaks a different goddamn langauge from me so I can't even negotiate with it, I have to use sweeping and obvious hand gestures to get the simplest ideas across, and even then there's egregious misunderstandings.

Why's it so different from Window 7? Like, I've worked with computers my whole life, but I can't wrap my head around this nonsense. I'm so utterly frustrated with this piece of trash software, and with my Mom for not consulting with me first.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66290 on: October 04, 2013, 09:58:13 pm »

To be mired in something is to be slowed down by it, or swamped by it.

If I am "mired" in homework, I am "swamped" by it. I have a lot of it.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66291 on: October 04, 2013, 10:04:02 pm »

To be mired in something is to be slowed down by it, or swamped by it.

If I am "mired" in homework, I am "swamped" by it. I have a lot of it.

That's what I thought at first, but it wouldn't make sense in the context it was used.

Though Urban Dictionary cleared it up for me:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mirin

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66292 on: October 04, 2013, 10:25:10 pm »

I tried, but I couldn't understand a single noise they made.

Just going on about their "twatters" "facedesk" and "instacups", some strange sounding phrases like "lol" and "omg", plus a massive over-use of the word like.

I don't think I get along with others my age that well. Not sure what "miring" means either. I'm serious about this one, google just responds with swamp related pages.

I hang out with people. It's vastly overrated, except when it's not. Like when it's someone you want to/get to have sexytimes with. Or when it's a person whom makes peculiar unintelligible noises that I happen to like more than the peculiar unintelligible noises those other people make. Or when it's a combination of both of those. Which is the greatest thing ever.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66293 on: October 04, 2013, 10:34:56 pm »

Yeah, I can't really help you if someone's using it stupidly. :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66294 on: October 05, 2013, 03:02:36 am »

3DS taps here:

Does anyone else ever get it to where they're so sad that their mental processes start to slow down?

Like it's even worse when you can physically feel yourself slipping further and further down, the pit in your chest getting deeper and deeper, and alongside it the thoughts in your head are getting rounder, smoother, simpler... I just feel the human mind is designed to destroy itself sometimes.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #66295 on: October 05, 2013, 03:10:46 am »

My Mom decides to take her computer troubles into her own hands, and despite the fact that she knows nothing at all about computers, went and bought a small acer laptop with Windows 8 installed on it.

I've quickly come to discover that Windows 8 is the most streamlined, handholding piece of trash I have ever personally laid eyes upon. This OS feels like an abusive captor that is holding the computer hostage, but it speaks a different goddamn langauge from me so I can't even negotiate with it, I have to use sweeping and obvious hand gestures to get the simplest ideas across, and even then there's egregious misunderstandings.

Why's it so different from Window 7? Like, I've worked with computers my whole life, but I can't wrap my head around this nonsense. I'm so utterly frustrated with this piece of trash software, and with my Mom for not consulting with me first.
People say Windows 8 actually makes sense on tablet PCs and touchscreen laptops, like Window's Surface Pro.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66296 on: October 05, 2013, 03:35:01 am »

People say Windows 8 actually makes sense on tablet PCs and touchscreen laptops, like Window's Surface Pro.

I don't know. Whenever I dink around with tablets, I just get red in the face I'm so angry and frustrated. My sister got an android tablet, and the UI of this thing was designed from the ground up to give me instant headaches. If, god forbid, I want to do something simple with one of these things, my more than a decade of tech experience is completely useless!

It irritates me so thoroughly that anyone in their right mind could think that the ideal method of streamlining is to completely preempt the users desires, and to design the interface like a Fisher Price toy to cater to these utterly shallow assumptions!

I just want to be able to use the tools I've grown up learning to use to do what I want when I have a perfectly good computer in my hands, rather than have them slapped out of my hands by some designer cause he thinks he knows whats best for the customer!

I'm just disgusted by all this, I swear.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 03:37:03 am by JoshuaFH »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #66297 on: October 05, 2013, 05:56:28 am »

"Holding the computer hostage" is a good metaphor. The UEFI partition system makes it hard to install alternative OS without taking drastic measures. Such as disabling it in it's entirety.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #66298 on: October 05, 2013, 07:45:44 am »

Apparently I dozed off in the middle of doing a thing with one of my friends online last night.

I feel just.... Awful. Going off unexpectedly like that. On top of that I'm just sick of my sleep schedule turning self destructive like this. I'm going to bed too damn early in the night, and still waking up too early to even be rested.

I need to fix this, since I don't have time in the day to do some things I need to study and otherwise work on during the actual afternoon and night hours. So if this keeps up I'm gonna be even less productive than usual and that's really fucking saying something.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66299 on: October 05, 2013, 08:56:06 am »

I don't know. Whenever I dink around with tablets, I just get red in the face I'm so angry and frustrated. My sister got an android tablet, and the UI of this thing was designed from the ground up to give me instant headaches. If, god forbid, I want to do something simple with one of these things, my more than a decade of tech experience is completely useless!

It irritates me so thoroughly that anyone in their right mind could think that the ideal method of streamlining is to completely preempt the users desires, and to design the interface like a Fisher Price toy to cater to these utterly shallow assumptions!

I just want to be able to use the tools I've grown up learning to use to do what I want when I have a perfectly good computer in my hands, rather than have them slapped out of my hands by some designer cause he thinks he knows whats best for the customer!

I'm just disgusted by all this, I swear.
This is why i don't want to get into programming. They keep pulling the rug out from under you.
Pages: 1 ... 4418 4419 [4420] 4421 4422 ... 8167