Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4381 4382 [4383] 4384 4385 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9419152 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #65730 on: September 17, 2013, 02:45:36 pm »

Well, my school had a bomb threat just now.
Had one of those once. Everyone had to stand out in the 40°F or so air for about an hour, many without their coats. But I was tough and could handle it, even going so far as to shield a few others from the wind (oh, it was also windy that day). Of course, everyone had to stand in their little class groups for the whole thing.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #65731 on: September 17, 2013, 02:47:02 pm »

Well, my school had a bomb threat just now.
Had one of those once. Everyone had to stand out in the 40°F or so air for about an hour, many without their coats. But I was tough and could handle it, even going so far as to shield a few others from the wind (oh, it was also windy that day). Of course, everyone had to stand in their little class groups for the whole thing.
We got to go home for the day. Might've been a gas leak or something.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #65732 on: September 17, 2013, 03:03:34 pm »

We tended to get one every year or two back in high school, and we'd have to go stand outside in one of the nearby sports fields. No particular groups or anything, so we could talk to whoever. Always in mid-Spring, always on a nice, sunny day, always right around that last bunch of tests before Finals.

Pretty sure there was no coincidence there. Why does this belong in this thread? I hated the Sun. Still do, as a matter of fact.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 03:05:29 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #65733 on: September 17, 2013, 10:16:59 pm »

We tended to get one every year or two back in high school, and we'd have to go stand outside in one of the nearby sports fields. No particular groups or anything, so we could talk to whoever. Always in mid-Spring, always on a nice, sunny day, always right around that last bunch of tests before Finals.

Pretty sure there was no coincidence there. Why does this belong in this thread? I hated the Sun. Still do, as a matter of fact.

It happened once when I was in high school... a couple weeks after Columbine.  Everyone had to stand out on the football field.  There was a shitload of tension between the dozen or so kids in the "black trenchcoat" group and everyone else in the school.  Literally about 630 kids standing in one group and the misfits in another, myself with them.  Something like 3 hours of bombardment with accusations and threats.  Turned out it was a couple of hicks who wanted to get out of a test.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65734 on: September 17, 2013, 10:19:04 pm »

I am firmly convinced that most schools have emergency planes designed to kill as many students as possible. The standard reaction to bomb threats should not be to congregate everybody in a relatively small area.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #65735 on: September 17, 2013, 10:19:58 pm »

I am firmly convinced that most schools have emergency planes designed to kill as many students as possible. The standard reaction to bomb threats should not be to congregate everybody in a relatively small area.
Well the idea is to get everyone away from where the bomb probably is. The school. :l

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #65736 on: September 17, 2013, 10:20:23 pm »

Wasn't for us. It was basically 'get the fuck out the school and when you're at the field 3 blocks over, go find your class.'
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #65737 on: September 17, 2013, 10:22:42 pm »

Well, planes are pretty expensive, so if a school HAS an emergency plane, it will be very unreliable.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65738 on: September 17, 2013, 10:55:49 pm »

Since we are on stupid school things(kinda... maybe... a little?)

I've never understood the no talking rule during fire drills(before I became homeschool mid last year)

I mean, what the fuck are we going to say that 'will endanger lives' or some shit, most people know that if there is an actual fire to not talk about the latest JB album, or how they three sixty no scoped someone on CoD.

Probably some logical reasons, but alas first world problems!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65739 on: September 17, 2013, 10:57:37 pm »

Well if the teachers need to give you precise instructions, they don't want your attention diverted to listening to other people talking around you. Or so I'm guessing.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65740 on: September 17, 2013, 10:59:53 pm »

Right. Logical reason. Need to stop assuming that there is never a completely obvious and most likely correct answer.

Ignore that~

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65741 on: September 18, 2013, 04:52:39 am »

Somebody born in the year 2000 would be 13 by now, old enough to start to count as a person, kinda.
And they wouldn't even know the lyrics to 'Who let the dogs out'

Think about that.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #65742 on: September 18, 2013, 05:12:08 am »

Well, our schools fire emergency plan was great to. Congregate everyone in the (fairly small) courtyard, which is surrounded by buildings on all four sides, and has no exits that don't require you to walk through/ under a building.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65743 on: September 18, 2013, 05:49:21 am »

Somebody born in the year 2000 would be 13 by now, old enough to start to count as a person, kinda.
And they wouldn't even know the lyrics to 'Who let the dogs out'

Think about that.
That's horrifying. Next you'll be telling me they've never watched The Angry Beavers.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65744 on: September 18, 2013, 05:54:15 am »

They've actually started running that show again on Cartoon Network, IIRC.
Late as night as hell, but still.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧
Pages: 1 ... 4381 4382 [4383] 4384 4385 ... 8167