Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4380 4381 [4382] 4383 4384 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9418502 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #65715 on: September 16, 2013, 10:01:41 pm »

Poke them with a stick and engorge yourself upon their sadfluids.

Or, more like, be there for them to come to you? Don't be all "Lookit all dis crap you got going for you!", suicidal and depressed thoughts makes that all sound cheap. Just say "If you want to talk, I'm here." and... junk.

i'mnotverygoodatthis.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #65716 on: September 16, 2013, 10:16:02 pm »

My friend is feeling super suicidal and I feel hopeless, knowing that I can do absolutely nothing besides trying to comfort them. It just makes it worse that they just shove off my comfort and deny everything I say..
Try to target why or where the denial stems from. There is always a reason for everything and it should not end like that.

..Please don't let it end like that. You can do this Projeck!

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #65717 on: September 16, 2013, 10:32:11 pm »

I've honestly tried everything.. she doesn't want to talk about it, and she refuses to answer the phone. She hasn't texted me in about 45 minutes now.. it really worries me..
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #65718 on: September 16, 2013, 11:09:42 pm »

I've honestly tried everything.. she doesn't want to talk about it, and she refuses to answer the phone. She hasn't texted me in about 45 minutes now.. it really worries me..
Probably should talk to them in person if at all physically possible. Not only does it feel like more human contact, but it makes it less likely they might, y'know, do something.

Or, more like, be there for them to come to you? Don't be all "Lookit all dis crap you got going for you!", suicidal and depressed thoughts makes that all sound cheap. Just say "If you want to talk, I'm here." and... junk.

Descan's plan is probably the best plan.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #65719 on: September 16, 2013, 11:13:00 pm »

I've tried Descan's plan. She refuses to talk about why she's this way.. but I managed to calm her down somehow.. got her to agree to meet me somewhere on Saturday.. jeez that seems so far away, though..
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #65720 on: September 16, 2013, 11:26:43 pm »

You know you're there for her-tell her that. Sometimes when you're really depressed, you need to be told the intent of others to get what they mean. . .Err, from personal experience..

And besides, its a thing about life-we're all in this together. Remind her--Address her, that you're there for her. Denial is one point, but acceptance is the next.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65721 on: September 16, 2013, 11:41:33 pm »

I've been "on" for 15 and a half hours now, and I still have more I need to do.  I'm so tired.

Good news, though.  After some 3 or a half years from my big breakdown, I'm finally running hot again.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #65722 on: September 17, 2013, 03:15:45 am »

Feel like death warmed up. Had a day of fever dreams followed by a long night of work and expect more fever dreams today.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #65723 on: September 17, 2013, 12:30:29 pm »

Oh my god fluid mechanics, what the hell is going on. Also both my TA and prof fly through everything really quickly. They like taking time to do derivations, and then not covering anything we'll actually use said equations for.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65724 on: September 17, 2013, 12:36:02 pm »

From being on the other side - even when I'm acting like a dick in response, the effort people make is appreciated. Even when I'm too sick of myself to answer the phone, it still means something that people are trying to call me. I desperately want someone to drag me out of the place I'm in, but I want them to do it despite every attempt I make to sabotage them.

I don't know if this applies to her, but doing things that are self-defeating is a big piece of being suicidal, and intentionally distancing yourself from others is a common tactic. Don't bother trying to get her to talk about "why she's that way", it won't help - just keep expressing that you want her around and appreciate her presence, etc and so on supportive stuff.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65725 on: September 17, 2013, 01:37:52 pm »

New version of Cataclysm DDA. The day that I'm leaving and won't have access to my computer for a while. Well, at least it's only four days.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65726 on: September 17, 2013, 01:40:21 pm »

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Don't force her to talk about it, just... beeee there. BE A BEE.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #65727 on: September 17, 2013, 01:54:14 pm »

Money, goddamn it. Why do you keep running away.

All potential roommates so far have turned down the place, and I've apparently failed some protein test and have to wait a week before I can donate plasma again while they redo it, which is $70 I really needed.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #65728 on: September 17, 2013, 02:41:55 pm »

Well, my school had a bomb threat just now.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #65729 on: September 17, 2013, 02:43:52 pm »

Money, goddamn it. Why do you keep running away.

All potential roommates so far have turned down the place, and I've apparently failed some protein test and have to wait a week before I can donate plasma again while they redo it, which is $70 I really needed.
I wish you could get paid to donate here :/
Pages: 1 ... 4380 4381 [4382] 4383 4384 ... 8167