Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4376 4377 [4378] 4379 4380 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9423242 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #65655 on: September 15, 2013, 12:56:35 am »

My wife's voice is the only sound that wakes me.  I will sleep through any other, without fail.  I've slept through lightning striking my house.  The only idea I have for how I'll cope if she's ever not around is to record her voice and make an alarm with it.

That would be very creepy though I will admit. I can see why this upsets you.

Reminds me of people who record teacher lectures to put them to sleep.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 01:00:39 am by Neonivek »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #65656 on: September 15, 2013, 01:35:47 am »

My wife's voice is the only sound that wakes me.  I will sleep through any other, without fail.  I've slept through lightning striking my house.  The only idea I have for how I'll cope if she's ever not around is to record her voice and make an alarm with it.

Hehe... yeah, I can just imagine waking up every morning to my wife's voice screaming "WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP" and me jolting upright in bed yelling "WHAT GODAMNIT WHAT THE FUCK... oh"
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #65657 on: September 15, 2013, 02:29:29 am »

Reminds me of people who record teacher lectures to put them to sleep.

This works so goddamn well, man. SO goddamn well.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65658 on: September 15, 2013, 03:56:29 am »

I really wish I'd done that.  I'm suffering from some really nasty insomnia right now. . .  Went to bed, slept three hours, back awake =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #65659 on: September 15, 2013, 05:06:26 am »

I had someone I respect highly tell me my setting idea was no good.

I still think it has merit, but he is a genius...

So I feel unconfident and like I let myself down right now.

The concept was that the setting would take place entirely on moons surrounding planets. Yet each of these moons are essentially living planets that chance according to what occurs. The living planets also serve as the gods in this setting but due to how they perceive time and their semi-sentient nature they are extremely passive.

What was the criticism for it? It sounds interesting, perhaps you just presented it poorly or it needs more development or whatever you want to use it for won't work out well.

I really wish I'd done that.  I'm suffering from some really nasty insomnia right now. . .  Went to bed, slept three hours, back awake =/

That was happening to me recently. Never happened before in my life, but a few weeks ago I'd be up for as much as 24 hours, go to sleep and wake up 3 hours later. Take a nap and sleep forever, wake up at the completely wrong time, stay up a bunch to try to fix it, get overtired and exhausted and absolutely can't stay awake any longer, go to bed and wake up 3-5 hours later.
Hopefully you don't have whatever that is. Fortunately, it didn't affect me much because I don't have any actual responsibilities at the moment (other than job searching).
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65660 on: September 15, 2013, 05:25:28 am »

Eh, my prayer is that I'll be able to stay up until 8:00 PM tomorrow, then sleep, wake up early, and be ready to go off to my first day of work.  As-is I'm taking the opportunity to work on some documentation.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65661 on: September 15, 2013, 05:47:44 am »

Band's last gig in probably a good while was last night, didn't go so great thanks to shitty equipment and whatnot.

Keyboardist is likely being kicked out if the whole band doesn't just dissolve, she's the least responsible person I know and her boyfriend is both an enabler and a sociopathic arse to anyone who tries to talk her out of doing stupid shit we don't have time for, drummer's already decided to leave for his own independent reasons

Band breaking up will inevitably tear apart lead guitarist, who has literally nothing else going on in his life right now; no house, no job, and a hell of a childish conviction against getting the latter

I honestly don't know what's happening to my circle of friends in the next few months

Aw. I never got to see you guys play. D:
Also I commend your lead guitarist's aversion to job-getting. (Childish convictions are the best kind of convictions!)

@Flying Dice: A lot of what you said re: Meaning resonates with my own thoughts on the subject.
As egotistical as it sounds, best to look at life as a story. Try and make it interesting. Um. I had a bunch of thoughts to put here but they evaporated. Damn. Suffice to say I enjoyed reading those posts. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #65662 on: September 15, 2013, 07:19:48 am »

I have no idea how insomnia works other than you can't really sleep because of mental activity so. . .

Did you try a bit of exercise before going to sleep? I find a nice jog works well, especially in the cool night air (thought that's just me and the complete lack of knowledge on insomnia despite being sleep deprived for loads of weeks).

And no coffee or stimulants. Tea works well.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65663 on: September 15, 2013, 09:05:24 am »

I have no idea how insomnia works other than you can't really sleep because of mental activity so. . .

Did you try a bit of exercise before going to sleep? I find a nice jog works well, especially in the cool night air (thought that's just me and the complete lack of knowledge on insomnia despite being sleep deprived for loads of weeks).

And no coffee or stimulants. Tea works well.
Tea, depending on the blend, can have almost as much caffeine in it as coffee.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65664 on: September 15, 2013, 09:10:37 am »

Band's last gig in probably a good while was last night, didn't go so great thanks to shitty equipment and whatnot.

Keyboardist is likely being kicked out if the whole band doesn't just dissolve, she's the least responsible person I know and her boyfriend is both an enabler and a sociopathic arse to anyone who tries to talk her out of doing stupid shit we don't have time for, drummer's already decided to leave for his own independent reasons

Band breaking up will inevitably tear apart lead guitarist, who has literally nothing else going on in his life right now; no house, no job, and a hell of a childish conviction against getting the latter

I honestly don't know what's happening to my circle of friends in the next few months

Goddamnit, this makes me wish that A. I had come to this gig, and B. I know a keyboardist, he's good, but rusty - hasn't played since the high school jazz band he was in in 2009.

Oh well, Blarg, you have us, if no one else. :P

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #65665 on: September 15, 2013, 09:41:25 am »

Heh, a Bay12 band? Well the names Dwarf Fortress generates would often make good names for a Rock Band...

*starts genning random names*
The Mortified Fountains.
The Buff Gears.
The Lone Gravel (oooh I like that one)
The Steel of Time (scratch that, this one is awesome)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65666 on: September 15, 2013, 09:55:48 am »

The Steel of Time (scratch that, this one is awesome)
This sounds like a Hammerfall album.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65667 on: September 15, 2013, 10:00:03 am »

Why stop at band names? I'm sure DF could provide us with some great song names as well.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #65668 on: September 15, 2013, 10:01:01 am »

Why stop at band names? I'm sure DF could provide us with some great song names as well.
What about: "The Song of Singing"?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #65669 on: September 15, 2013, 10:02:20 am »

What about: "The Song of Singing"?

Would have to be an a capella song.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 4376 4377 [4378] 4379 4380 ... 8167