Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4263 4264 [4265] 4266 4267 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443174 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #63960 on: July 19, 2013, 09:48:31 pm »

It's not super hard to tell someone's gender, especially if you read posts they make in more threads with general topics like politics, sad/happy/rage threads, etc.

I'm sure it's not if you care to try, but I really don't ever think about it, unless it's somehow a part of the subject at hand.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63961 on: July 19, 2013, 09:50:07 pm »

When I'm having trouble remembering if a particular member is male or female, I usually try checking their profile, the majority of people have it listed.

I'd also like to point out we are something like 30% female around these parts... There's more men than women, but not so many that females are a rarity.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #63962 on: July 19, 2013, 09:51:52 pm »

How did you survive 4 years in this place?

Mostly by being a tough asshole?

I overestimated this forum , i guess you'd run out of things to say in 4 years.
Or you can just avoid saying things until you feel like you have something to add, then disappear again into the æther. Observe:
* Kadzar disappears in a poof.
You'll be back.

They're always back.

Seriously, B12 is like some kind of horrifying addiction.
Yes, but, until then, I shall lurk in the shadows, and you won't know where I'm browsing unless I make a post...like this one. Damn.
* Kadzar throws smoke bomb on the ground
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #63963 on: July 19, 2013, 09:52:18 pm »

It's not super hard to tell someone's gender, especially if you read posts they make in more threads with general topics like politics, sad/happy/rage threads, etc.
Tell that to me. Everyone miswrote me off based on my avatar XD And many other things.

Which is just me keeping a sentimental Fire Emblem gift from one SeriousConcentrate. Because he offered it and all..and that's real nice of him.

When I'm having trouble remembering if a particular member is male or female, I usually try checking their profile, the majority of people have it listed.
This fixes it up.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #63964 on: July 19, 2013, 09:56:23 pm »

I'm sure it's not if you care to try, but I really don't ever think about it, unless it's somehow a part of the subject at hand.
I'm not saying I care to try, it's just I rarely make random guesses for the hell of it since Bay12 is slightly more diverse in terms of gender than other forums.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #63965 on: July 19, 2013, 10:00:15 pm »

Tell that to me. Everyone miswrote me off based on my avatar XD And many other things.

Which is just me keeping a sentimental Fire Emblem gift from one SeriousConcentrate. Because he offered it and all..and that's real nice of him.
Yeah, I always thought you where a dude until it was recently pointed out, and I also tend to think of other people as being the gender of their avatars, unless they have none or they are genderless, like Vector's, in which case I am more likely to think of a person as their real gender.

* Kadzar scrounges about his person for another smoke bomb and, finding none, covers his face and slowly scoots out of the room
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63966 on: July 19, 2013, 10:02:22 pm »

Yeah, I always thought you where a dude until it was recently pointed out, and I also tend to think of other people as being the gender of their avatars, unless they have none or they are genderless, like Vector's, in which case I am more likely to think of a person as their real gender.

* Kadzar scrounges about his person for another smoke bomb and, finding none, covers his face and slowly scoots out of the room
And what of the multi-gendered avatars?
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63967 on: July 19, 2013, 10:08:02 pm »

I do that with the avatars occasionally. Which is somewhat ironic given my avatar.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63968 on: July 19, 2013, 10:19:21 pm »

Forum avatars are to be treated as live webcam feeds of the forum member, especially when polar bears are involved.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #63969 on: July 19, 2013, 10:41:12 pm »

Not really.  I'm very good at kvetching.
I'm late here, but this is completely true. Also, that is a compliment. Grumpy Vector has all the eloquence of a Churchill without the misogyny, racism, and just generally being a jackass.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63970 on: July 19, 2013, 10:51:14 pm »

This fixes it up.

I was thinking about what gender to use in my post in the Plug.DJ thread, and then I went with male because of your avatar. Now I am sad :(
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #63971 on: July 19, 2013, 10:51:56 pm »

And what of the multi-gendered avatars?
What about polar bears?
I will consider them a hivemind consisting of the combined genders and the gender of the polar bear in question, respectively.

I do that with the avatars occasionally. Which is somewhat ironic given my avatar.
I simply refuse to believe you aren't actually a pink-haired anime girl that shoots up books stores with a submachine gun. It just makes too much sense in my mind.

* Kadzar points ahead and says, "Hey, what's that!?" and tries to quickly sneak away while everyone's heads are turned
Glory to Arstotzka!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #63972 on: July 19, 2013, 10:59:01 pm »

If people judged me based on my avatar, I guess they'd see me as various political figures/rulers from the 20th century. I'm totally fine with this by the way.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63973 on: July 19, 2013, 11:02:51 pm »

I see you as Kaiserreich. The good Baron's exploits there are far more interesting than his true ones.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63974 on: July 19, 2013, 11:03:09 pm »

Not really.  I'm very good at kvetching.
I'm late here, but this is completely true. Also, that is a compliment. Grumpy Vector has all the eloquence of a Churchill without the misogyny, racism, and just generally being a jackass.

I have historically hated to admit it, but I ... I really enjoy complaining and the opportunity for creativity that it affords.  I don't enjoy being depressed, but really, happiness gets boring without its spatters of prolonged irritation and disquiet.  "Vaguely frustrated" is my favorite mood, which is perhaps why I live such a frustrating, stressful, irritable life.

It kind of runs in my family, to be honest.  My mother and I both spend rather a lot of time bickering and kvetching at length about petty things.  It's part of how we get on with each other.

I've never known what to do about it.  Being a chronic complainer, I of course elevated my chosen profession to its post-modernistic heights and started kvetching about how much I kvetch.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 4263 4264 [4265] 4266 4267 ... 8167