Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4217 4218 [4219] 4220 4221 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9442246 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #63270 on: June 28, 2013, 09:50:50 am »

one of our patient's options are looking really grim right now.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #63271 on: June 28, 2013, 10:18:57 am »

Why bring it up in the first place on a video game chat channel? If you bring up something extremely personal like that to a big group of people, and suddenly act surprised when some people are reacting negatively to that, then it's your own fault for bringing it up in the first place.
Are... are you serious? Surely, if your claim about appropriateness were correct, the response to expect would be to be told that it's off-topic, not to further engage in distracting from the Official Point of the channel. Since, you know, that would make the quote we have hypocritical in addition to being pointlessly cruel, if the motivation was to keep the channel on-track.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #63272 on: June 28, 2013, 12:00:35 pm »

I'm sad that I come back after a few weeks' hiatus and find drama in the sad thread. Not surprising, just sad.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #63273 on: June 28, 2013, 12:03:08 pm »

I'm sad that I come back after a few weeks' hiatus and find drama in the sad thread. Not surprising, just sad.

Hugs all the people.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63274 on: June 28, 2013, 12:03:32 pm »

Welcome back, RedKing.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #63275 on: June 28, 2013, 12:15:08 pm »

You make a good point. Imma shut up about that.

In other news, why'm I so tired all the time.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63276 on: June 28, 2013, 12:21:23 pm »

I'm beginning to suspect that there is a ghost in my room and they do NOT like most of the music I like. They seem cool with Matt Elliott, though.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63277 on: June 28, 2013, 03:06:25 pm »

I'm beginning to suspect that there is a ghost in my room and they do NOT like most of the music I like. They seem cool with Matt Elliott, though.
What causes you to suspect this?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #63278 on: June 28, 2013, 03:39:40 pm »

I got tickets to the local racetrack through my union, which was great since my nephew loves racecars, and is really excited about the chance to go see them. It's raining, and the race is in 3 hours.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #63279 on: June 28, 2013, 05:02:11 pm »

A friend's boyfriend is ok with me watching movies at their place and hanging out. Awesome. Sadly, lots of women ditch the gay friend when they find a boyfriend who doesn't like the gays. He's ... becoming more tolerant?

Then again, he could just like my cooking.

Him: "Care if I have the chicken in the fridge?"
Her: "Go ahead. Not saving it for anything."
[He has the chicken]
Him: "Great job on the chicken by the way. What's in it?"
Her: "Wasn't mine, my friend made it."
Him: "O yeah? Jenny?"
Her: "Nope."
Him: "Lisa?"
Her: "Nope."
Him: ".... It's that little gay one, wants to be a girl, ain't it?"
Her: "You liked her chicken before you knew that didn't you?"
Him: "Her?"
Her: "She ... never hurt anything and all she asks is that and keeping it quiet. Made those cookies you liked last week tooo...."
Him: "Well, anything cooks that good can hang around. Long as it doesn't go lookin' at me that way."
Her: " 'It?' [name]? 'It?' She goes on dates with her boyfriend, soo.... Don't think she'll bug you."
Him: "There's that 'she' stuff again...."
Her: "Are you still gonna be like that? Seriously, worst thing that's happened is you got baked cookies."
Him: "This is about you two watchin' chick flicks together when I'm gone ain't it?
Her: "You think a gay in a skirt is gonna do cheaty things with me? Think I'm attracted to that? Jealousy problems?"
Him: "O fine. Whatever."
Her: "I'm sure we can bake you some more cookies.... "
Him: "Least there's that.... None of the Walnut kind this time."

I'm kinda touched she'd stick up for me. Plus movie night. :D. She said she got me a dress off the clearance rack too.

He has changed his mind about me, apparently. He doesn't want "that fag" around his house.... She's offered to go out somewhere with me, but it's really not the same, and she agrees that it is not the same (and that he would still not be happy with that). So much for my fun this weekend. :( I think I'm pretending to take it well, and I might even be convincing her, but I wanna scream. Can't reason it out, can't make sense of it, whatever. [Sigh]. I didn't even do anything at all in the time between this and that.... I was to understand that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Perhaps this one does not have the desired destination.... He certainly has a stomach because he ate all the food I've been making for him.... I don't get it. I'm even tiptoeing around him, being extra careful not to piss him off so I can keep being friends with his girlfriend. Dude, you've clearly won, but you still won't stop. I've swallowed my pride and let you basically treat me like crap. What more do you even want?

Also the moral of the story is that neither my chicken, nor my cookies can overcome prejudice.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 05:32:38 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63280 on: June 28, 2013, 05:05:23 pm »

It's been freezing in here all day despite it having yesterday at this time being so hot I couldn't breathe easily. When I switched the music, the cold stopped. Also been seeing things out of the corner of my eye. I saw a pair of feet walking around my bed towards my computer. Just a pair of feet, a bit blurry, but the size of my little brother's. I jumped when I learned he was not there and still asleep.
My tumblr.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63281 on: June 28, 2013, 05:13:11 pm »

It's been freezing in here all day despite it having yesterday at this time being so hot I couldn't breathe easily. When I switched the music, the cold stopped. Also been seeing things out of the corner of my eye. I saw a pair of feet walking around my bed towards my computer. Just a pair of feet, a bit blurry, but the size of my little brother's. I jumped when I learned he was not there and still asleep.
Do you have a ceiling fan? Actually no wait it might be the music.
This may be relevant.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 05:15:34 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63282 on: June 28, 2013, 05:18:16 pm »

Do you have a ceiling fan? Actually no wait it might be the music.
This may be relevant.
No, I've listened to the song before (Peter, Bjorn, and John- It Don't Me: PBJ vs Miike Snow remix) and not gotten the effect of coldness.
My tumblr.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #63283 on: June 28, 2013, 05:43:57 pm »

-sad-

It sucks to constantly hear about stuff like this happening to you.  I want to provide you a welcoming environment, but first I need to conquer space/time so that distance isn't an obstacle.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #63284 on: June 28, 2013, 05:53:19 pm »

2spooky4me
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 4217 4218 [4219] 4220 4221 ... 8167